General Trading Chat

haha dont say like this!!

recently i hv made up my mind to start investing in MF's for long term and after reading this might be i will again change my mind
How does it matter ? If it works well as a passive investment for you, if you are getting the desired results, then the intermediary's fees are ok, as long as there is nothing underhand.

Raj232

MFU doesnt hold in demat form, there is no demat here. its in traditional units with AMC
Best is to trade on the AMC website itself. Each AMC has a list of 100+ schemes from Equity, Debt, Liquid, Sectoral, Midcap, SmallCap, largeCap, Sectoral, Strategy, etc etc.. I really dont see what is the need for using any of these MFUtilities, or MFI India or any other intermediary.
Use the "DIRECT" option and have your money invested with better returns.

Last edited:

Raj232

haha dont say like this!!

recently i hv made up my mind to start investing in MF's for long term and after reading this might be i will again change my mind
Yes, the lazy method is investing with MF's... some good funds eat +2% per year as management fees ..
Over a period of 10 years.. you would have lost a cumulative of more than +20% of your portfolio. .. think about the numbers..

see Rs.8000 crore has been eaten by them in FY 2021-22..
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/my-experiments-with-mfs.111974/page-3

travi

Best is to trade on the AMC website itself. Each AMC has a list of 100+ schemes from Equity, Debt, Liquid, Sectoral, Midcap, SmallCap, largeCap, Sectoral, Strategy, etc etc.. I really dont see what is the need for using any of these MFUtilities, or MFI India or any other intermediary.
Use the "DIRECT" option and have your money invested with better returns.
Arre bhai, this MFU is not aisa vaisa... like other 3rd party

All AMCs fund and run MFU as a single point entity to manage everything, They have all the DIRECT funds.

Arre bhai, this MFU is not aisa vaisa... like other 3rd party

All AMCs fund and run MFU as a single point entity to manage everything, They have all the DIRECT funds.
But you know what, today Oldbridge NFO wasn't in the list either on MFU or MFcentral. I applied directly on their website.

Yes, the lazy method is investing with MF's... some good funds eat +2% per year as management fees ..
Over a period of 10 years.. you would have lost a cumulative of more than +20% of your portfolio. .. think about the numbers..

see Rs.8000 crore has been eaten by them in FY 2021-22..
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/my-experiments-with-mfs.111974/page-3
That is a bit strong.

Yes, MF are a relatively lazy way, but safer way. You are paying them for managing your funds :)

Raj232

But you know what, today Oldbridge NFO wasn't in the list either on MFU or MFcentral. I applied directly on their website.
The worst part is that there is a 3rd party or intermediary.. and in case of issues.. who you are supposed to run to .. the intermediary or the AMC ?

Personally, I feel that it is a long term investment, to to keep it safe and clean.. I go directly to the AMC website and buy.
Going forward, I will stack it in my DEMAT account via ETF's .. that is more transparent and safe..

Also the BUY/SELL is cheaper and no need of paying hefty fees for holding the stock.. (other than Rs 300 or 350 annual demat charges)