General Trading Chat

Raj232

haha dont say like this!!

recently i hv made up my mind to start investing in MF's for long term and after reading this might be i will again change my mind
Not to discourage you .. but maybe take some time out and do your own research..
One would say Mutual Funds are "managing" your money.. but they hardly outperform the underlying index.

The expectation is that they are doing a whole lot of research and investing in the best stocks with a lot of potential, but in reality it is the other way round.

When mkt goes up, their MF also goes up but slightly less, when mkt falls, the fall seen in the fund is same like mkt :DD:DD

Each mutual fund house will highlight one fund which has small AUM and portray how great the returns are..

Not to discourage you .. but maybe take some time out and do your own research..
One would say Mutual Funds are "managing" your money.. but they hardly outperform the underlying index.

The expectation is that they are doing a whole lot of research and investing in the best stocks with a lot of potential, but in reality it is the other way round.

When mkt goes up, their MF also goes up but slightly less, when mkt falls, the fall seen in the fund is same like mkt :DD:DD

Each mutual fund house will highlight one fund which has small AUM and portray how great the returns are..
The new broom sweeps clean, hence the NFO are a good option too :D

The worst part is that there is a 3rd party or intermediary.. and in case of issues.. who you are supposed to run to .. the intermediary or the AMC ?

Personally, I feel that it is a long term investment, to to keep it safe and clean.. I go directly to the AMC website and buy.
Going forward, I will stack it in my DEMAT account via ETF's .. that is more transparent and safe..

Also the BUY/SELL is cheaper and no need of paying hefty fees for holding the stock.. (other than Rs 300 or 350 annual demat charges)
What are the charges for Groww for trading and demat ? For ETFs.

Raj232

What are the charges for Groww for trading and demat ? For ETFs.
Buying ETF is same like buying stocks.. only difference is that the ETF is the market that it represents..
eg. BANKBEES ETF would represent the Nifty Bank Index which contains 12 of the biggest most liquid banking stocks listed on the National Stock Exchange (NSE).
Trading / Demat Charges would be similar to the charges applicable when buying stocks for delivery to your demat account.

Last edited: