Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SGM

Hello Satya,May be my observations may be impertinent,please excuse, but with my limited knowledge,i request u to clarify : (and be prepared that my views may be totally wrong and I might have failed to fully understand the Pivot concept)
01. Is it correct that the HHP (higher high pivot) on 29th May, the derivative closing day was 4958.80 the high of the opening bar(My reason to call it HHP : A lower high pivot was formed on 27th May with the high of 1 oclock and 2 o clock bars as the high of the pivot.)
02. When and On which bar we went long in the June futures ???
03. The lower pivot low formed on 27th by the closing bar with low at 4828, and the level of pivot low formed on 30th May, the first trading day of june futures, was 4825, very near the level of pivot formed on 27th may. Now my query :why did we exit and reverse our position at 4796 and not below 4825?

In case the queries are irrelevent due to lack of my understanding the subject, please be frank and reply accordingly. I'll try to understand the subject again.
Here I might be interuppting the flow of things!!!
Regards
-Gautam
Hello Gautam

The 60 mins flow method does not use (wait for) higher pivot high / lower pivot low.

It uses Last Pivot High / Low as a breakout level to go Long / Short, hope that helps.

You are right about 4825 being the pivot low and need to go short below that, i think satya wanted to make sure the price is below the round figure level of 4800.

Out of context of this thread.

I request you to compile a single post with the rules that you use and post it on kolkata indicator thread, I know its all there on the 7300 thread but its too dispersed. If you can do that, including everything like ur latest addition of the middle band, it will be easily available for all in one place.

Have made a similar request to RK so maybe you can collaborate and get it done.

Regards
Sanjay

gkpc

Hello Gautam

The 60 mins flow method does not use (wait for) higher pivot high / lower pivot low.

It uses Last Pivot High / Low as a breakout level to go Long / Short, hope that helps.

You are right about 4825 being the pivot low and need to go short below that, i think satya wanted to make sure the price is below the round figure level of 4800.

Out of context of this thread.

I request you to compile a single post with the rules that you use and post it on kolkata indicator thread, I know its all there on the 7300 thread but its too dispersed. If you can do that, including everything like ur latest addition of the middle band, it will be easily available for all in one place.

Have made a similar request to RK so maybe you can collaborate and get it done.

Regards
Sanjay
Sir, Just give me some time I'll definetly try to post rules based on KolkInd. I have a lot wriiten by rkkarnani and with his permission which i am sure he will give i will post the same. Ofcourse it would be better if he (rkkarnani) posts direct. (There is a BIG FIRE in his shop premises, he is there and busy, He and his establishment is safe too) Saw it on channel star anand, (tata sky 852) the fire is huge but rk said fire now is under control).
Sir, can u alsosay why along was taken at 4900...if you can say which hourly bar triggered the BUY, it will be helpful to understand.
Best regards
-Gautam

Re: Going With The 60min Flow!!

3900 Sl is it 2 Bars low method ??

regards
Satya
Stops brought down in ABAN to 3780......yes,Satya,2 bar method,only if proceedings get vertical,.........and revert to long once triggerred.

Will add to Post 1 the above........was quite reluctant to bring out this so early on,but looking at the way you guys are eyeballing the charts,think it's good timing anyway.

Saint

ps:Added 2 shorts below 3730(minor pivot) and at 3678........avg 10 lots at 3848,stops at 3780

Sir, Just give me some time I'll definetly try to post rules based on KolkInd. I have a lot wriiten by rkkarnani and with his permission which i am sure he will give i will post the same. Ofcourse it would be better if he (rkkarnani) posts direct. (There is a BIG FIRE in his shop premises, he is there and busy, He and his establishment is safe too) Saw it on channel star anand, (tata sky 852) the fire is huge but rk said fire now is under control).
Sir, can u alsosay why along was taken at 4900...if you can say which hourly bar triggered the BUY, it will be helpful to understand.
Best regards
-Gautam
Gautam,

Long NF above 4924 +a bit,stop and revert at 4826- a bit,add opportunities at every bar low and every pivot low.

Saint

ps:RK,hope all's well with you and your family,my friend......and hope damage sustained is not too severe.

Satyen

Hello Satya,May be my observations may be impertinent,please excuse, but with my limited knowledge,i request u to clarify : (and be prepared that my views may be totally wrong and I might have failed to fully understand the Pivot concept)
01. Is it correct that the HHP (higher high pivot) on 29th May, the derivative closing day was 4958.80 the high of the opening bar(My reason to call it HHP : A lower high pivot was formed on 27th May with the high of 1 oclock and 2 o clock bars as the high of the pivot.)
02. When and On which bar we went long in the June futures ???
03. The lower pivot low formed on 27th by the closing bar with low at 4828, and the level of pivot low formed on 30th May, the first trading day of june futures, was 4825, very near the level of pivot formed on 27th may. Now my query :why did we exit and reverse our position at 4796 and not below 4825?

In case the queries are irrelevent due to lack of my understanding the subject, please be frank and reply accordingly. I'll try to understand the subject again.
Here I might be interuppting the flow of things!!!
Regards
-Gautam

Hi Gautam sorry for late reply i went long on 29th june future not May

again as 4800 level was the nearest round figure and giving some room to pivot also so stop was 4796

yes upto this are my personal trade deatail

But I will be posting only pivots according to Saint and other members can give their veiws

Regards
Satya

Satyen

Dear All Pivotians i will be posting Nifty future pivots and trade from june seriese
so that we can correct each other and learn

sent a PM to saint but did not get any reply hope he will not mind and Guide us where ever we go wrong

Long at 4900 june stopped at 4796

Current trade Short at 4796

Current Pivot high at 4900

Realized Profit/Loss = -104

Chart attached

All pivotians requested to give their comments

Regards
Satya

Dear All i will post only pivots and trade accordingly as Said by Saint 60 min method ( i may or may not have positions mentioned here ) It is to test the method in real time so that we wil have more confidence to accept it

Regards
Satya

gkpc

Hi Gautam sorry for late reply i went long on 29th june future not May

again as 4800 level was the nearest round figure and giving some room to pivot also so stop was 4796

yes upto this are my personal trade deatail

But I will be posting only pivots according to Saint and other members can give their veiws

Regards
Satya
No sir, not late at all... u cud reply during mkt hours itself is great. OK i get it, the June futures were at a discount on 29th till almost before close. But still would like to ask u something, and please do not take it as any criticism at all, only trying to understand....
I was looking at 29th May hourly chart for June futures : Here is what i saw (trust my chart is okay), the figures are OHLC, in that sequence :
10 AM bar 4945 4946 4918 4921 (The opening bar (9.55 to 10)
11 AM bar 4921 4931 4901 4920
12 AM bar 4919 4926 4926 4922
1 PM bar 4923 4936 4913 4918
2 PM bar 4918 4918 4890 4914
3 PM bar 4914 4920 4852 4853
4 PM bar 4853 4881 4806 4870
The chart is all thorugh in down trend...the previous high of any hourly bar was not convincingly broken by any subsequent bar.

I though maybe the position in June futures was taken as per the current months chart....
Sir, even the NF chart for 1 hourly on 29th May for May futures was all through in down trend!!! Here also the previous high of any bar was not subsequently broken convinsingly.
But we still choose to go long....why!!??

Secondly we went long at 4900 and the pivot level was 4825 or so... as u said we gave a SL of 4796 bcoz of nearest round figure and giving some space to the pivot!!! My query is had the level been 4835 would you still give it room till round figure or say had it been 4840, i mean to ask do we give room till a given level or points, do we have any rule for it??
My thinking was that at 4825 the trade was alrady ~75 points in minus, do we still give it room to maneuver!!?? or rather exit and reenter !!???

As written earlier sir, can you tell on which hourly bar on the 29th May did we go long !!???

Believe me its all to clear my doubts. Saint had been very kind and posted the Pivots and says to add a bit , as I am also doingit in my trades with KolInd.
Please take your time to reply,no hurry at all sir.
Regards
gautam

Satyen

No sir, not late at all... u cud reply during mkt hours itself is great. OK i get it, the June futures were at a discount on 29th till almost before close. But still would like to ask u something, and please do not take it as any criticism at all, only trying to understand....
I was looking at 29th May hourly chart for June futures : Here is what i saw (trust my chart is okay), the figures are OHLC, in that sequence :
10 AM bar 4945 4946 4918 4921 (The opening bar (9.55 to 10)
11 AM bar 4921 4931 4901 4920
12 AM bar 4919 4926 4926 4922
1 PM bar 4923 4936 4913 4918
2 PM bar 4918 4918 4890 4914
3 PM bar 4914 4920 4852 4853
4 PM bar 4853 4881 4806 4870
The chart is all thorugh in down trend...the previous high of any hourly bar was not convincingly broken by any subsequent bar.

I though maybe the position in June futures was taken as per the current months chart....
Sir, even the NF chart for 1 hourly on 29th May for May futures was all through in down trend!!! Here also the previous high of any bar was not subsequently broken convinsingly.
But we still choose to go long....why!!??

Secondly we went long at 4900 and the pivot level was 4825 or so... as u said we gave a SL of 4796 bcoz of nearest round figure and giving some space to the pivot!!! My query is had the level been 4835 would you still give it room till round figure or say had it been 4840, i mean to ask do we give room till a given level or points, do we have any rule for it??
My thinking was that at 4825 the trade was alrady ~75 points in minus, do we still give it room to maneuver!!?? or rather exit and reenter !!???

As written earlier sir, can you tell on which hourly bar on the 29th May did we go long !!???

Believe me its all to clear my doubts. Saint had been very kind and posted the Pivots and says to add a bit , as I am also doingit in my trades with KolInd.
Please take your time to reply,no hurry at all sir.
Regards
gautam
Ok it was pivot break out so went long but your point is very much valid i may be wrong not looking hourly bar so closely before going lon and thank you for this point

yes there is no rule about how much room u give to pivots as it was 4825 so thought 4800 level if it were 4860-4865 then my stop would be at 4850

But one thing Gautam
your first post to me it was satya ,,, now Sir ( and you are saying its not a criticise ) i know u are more knowledgable but your post towards me is demanding if u trying to say i m wrong by going long then i accept nothing harm to accept one's fault ,,,,even learnt that cross prev bars high

But your veiws with a right spirit always welcome friend and you can point where i have gone wrong that is why i m posting trade according to this method

Regards
Satya

milkyblack

Dear All Pivotians i will be posting Nifty future pivots and trade from june seriese
so that we can correct each other and learn

sent a PM to saint but did not get any reply hope he will not mind and Guide us where ever we go wrong

Long at 4900 june stopped at 4796

Current trade Short at 4796

Current Pivot high at 4900

Realized Profit/Loss = -104

Chart attached

All pivotians requested to give their comments

Regards
Satya
Hi Satya,

Sorry for the delay in replying... :(

The SL for the long at 4900 should be 4827.... plz check

So a short should be taken from 4827 with SL of 4922
After that now the stop and revert should be done at 4753 (or 4689... plz give insight on this Saint)

Incase of 4689... we are long now... with a SL of 4626...

So the booked P/L is

-73 (on the long at 4900)
+138(on short from 4827, if 4689 is to be considered as a pivot high, waiting for Saint's valuable comment on this)

Total +65 points [On two trades]

Please comment

Regards

Satyen

Hi Satya,

Sorry for the delay in replying... :(

The SL for the long at 4900 should be 4827.... plz check

So a short should be taken from 4827 with SL of 4922
After that now the stop and revert should be done at 4753 (or 4689... plz give insight on this Saint)

Incase of 4689... we are long now... with a SL of 4626...

So the booked P/L is

-73 (on the long at 4900)
+138(on short from 4827, if 4689 is to be considered as a pivot high, waiting for Saint's valuable comment on this)

Total +65 points [On two trades]

Please comment

Regards

Ah thank you MB wil recheck and post and thanks for your participation

Waiting others veiw also

Regards
Satya

Status
Not open for further replies.