Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyblack

Saint,

Where Are You ? :( You loosing interest from your 60min thread... Is it because too many discussions going on here, and the main objective of the thread is not being fulfilled?
Or you are not able to manage with time to post? :(

I am really thankful to you Saint for showing the way to this 60 min trading, which is really very good.... to be profitable :)

Regards

vinst

hello MB ,vin ,deb and others i m attaching chart of pivots for your comments

Regards
Satya
Dear satya,

You seem to be taking minor pivots as mainstay of 60min flow. As far as I remember Saint places much less emphasis on minor (3 bar structure) pivots. Minor pivots on 60min would many time match major pivots on 30min chart. So if we make minor pivots as our trade manager, we have essentially reduced the 60min flow to 30min flow !!

regards,
vin

vinst

Hi Satya, Vin, MB and others,
Looks like we have three different pivots now. Now within these three we have just one major all others are minor. While identifying the major among these three I invented another method of identifying a reversal pivot, which is very closely related to Saint's method if not the same. Please be advised that I am not very sure whether this method is right or wrong I need to still work on it but it gives a reversal point very early, now thats the matter of concern and I am bit suspicious too. I back tested it with last 10 days data and it looks fine to me but still requires further confirmation from you guys and helps to improve it more if not totally wrong :) Here I am presenting it in a very simple way. Please let me know what you guys think.

I started looking for next pivot from the yesterday's pivot, as suggested by Vin it was at around 3897 the lower most circle in the attached chart. Then as long as we have higher low no problem we keep our pivot as it is. Now whenever the low of current bar breaks the low of previous bar, we move our pivot to the low of that bar (here in the chart the 2nd pink circle from bottom of the chart becomes our new pivot). In this way we already had a pivot today (the highest pink color circle on the chart) at around 4070.

PB: I am not very sure whether this method violet's in any way Saint's method of 60 min flow although I am quite sure this is closely related to his method but it identifies the pivot much earlier. Please also note that I am not very sure whether this will work on real time trading or not, extensive back testing is required before implementing this.

Guys pls share your comments regarding the same. Thanks,
Deb,
The early detection of pivot is also a pitfall. It is a minor pivot and would lead to many more whipsaws. Also see my answer to satya.
Others opinion please.
regards,
vin

Thanks Saint! :) for your encouragement !
But my query remains unanswered abt rooms :( Is it that I myself have to develop with experience? I hope I am not bothering you with my question after questions :eek:

Thanks again!

Regards
Hi MB,

Thought I had put it in with the previous updates....ABAN,SESA:I usually give 20pts(even 20 is not enough for SESA sometimes.......it's on the verge of getting "fired"),GMR,0.75....LANCO 1.5....JP 1

All the best!
Saint

milkyblack

Hi MB,

Thought I had put it in with the previous updates....ABAN,SESA:I usually give 20pts(even 20 is not enough for SESA sometimes.......it's on the verge of getting "fired"),GMR,0.75....LANCO 1.5....JP 1

All the best!
Saint
Thanks Saint a lot for the explanation abt the room.
Very much delighted to see your post :)

Saint today as gap down, we will exit our short positions on break of high of the day?
Once again thanks :)

Regards

Thanks Saint a lot for the explanation abt the room.
Very much delighted to see your post :)

Saint today as gap down, we will exit our short positions on break of high of the day?
Once again thanks :)

Regards
Yep,visual gap day...... went short yesterday,got the gap down today,if it takes out the high,meaning the first candle of the day....back to long.

Saint

Satyen

Hi,

The SL for the latest long position (See below) is marked at 3816, below which the trade will be reverted to SHORT.

July Series

Number Trade Level SL Initial Risk P/L(Close) Remarks

6 Long 3922+ 3816- -106 +42

But as per Satya's latest graph, HigherPivotLow (HPL) is at near 3915... So which should be considered?... MB, Satya, Vinst, Waiting for ur response.

If this Q is wrong, forgive me... I am jus trying to learn... Not having any open pos right now...

Thanks,
Sats.

hi sat i considered 3922 as latest pivot low and reversal point and todays gap with 5 min rule

Regards
Satya

Status
Not open for further replies.