Going With The 60min Flow!!!

Which Futures do u all trade with real Money?

• MiniNifty

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • Nifty

Votes: 50 72.5%
  • Aban

Votes: 16 23.2%
  • L&T

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • Hdil

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • JP asso

• RIL

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Relcap

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • Suzlon

• Educomp

Votes: 8 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinst

Hello Saint,

I am re-posting your NF chart after noting that several trades have been initiated with minor pivots. After this I went through the whole thread and read in 2 different posts about discouraging use of minor pivots. I have marked the minor pivot trades on your chart with red arrows.
Also i remember that recently you had expressed satisfaction with satya's chart on which he showed minor pivots of Nifty.
This has put me in good amount of confusion about usage of minor pivots. Can you please take some time (when you get it) to share your thoughts on this?

regards,
vin

Last edited:
Saint, its really really helpful : The chart.
A query :
What do we do on a derivative closing day: Do we roll over. ???
The Tracks record maintained by Milky considers exiting position on close and entering fresh position with fresh trigger on the next day, i.e. commencement of new Derivative month.
If the latter be the case, please do mark the chart with fresh trades on 27th June, the Start of July Series!!! As it is a gap down opening, some clarity shall be gained on this aspect also!!!
Please do it per your convenience. As it is we are too demanding on your time.
Regards
R K Karnani

Saint: One more important thing : Why have we not considered the 11 AM bar on 26th as a Pivot!!!
If its a valid Pivot wouldnt it be prudent to exit our shorts above the high of this bar and DO NOT GO LONG above it as its a derivative closing day!!!!
If we are totally mechanical than the 1 PM bar on 25th is also a Minor Pivit.... we would go long above that and exit on close on 26th!!!!!
Ah,forgot to put that it in,RK....basically exit shorts on that pivot high.Either don't trade till end of day.Next day,in a new contract buy over the first 5min bar high.Or short the first 5min bar low.

Either that,or take the long over that same pivot high.Till the end of day and exit all.Await the next day and do the same as mentioned above.I tend to do this....

I personally have been playing major pivots,........but nothing wrong in playing the minors as well.You will have more entries and exits........but whatever you do,do it everytime.So no harm in going long over the 25th 1pm bar as well.

Nice,RK.......Great going!!

Saint

Hi Saint i have one doubt yesterday i think we have not formed major pivot again today is interesting day if we dont have covered our long yesterday and not gone short ,,then as today we did not break first 5 min low + space so our long position remains if so then our trailing stop is now updated to todays low ??

Regards
Satya
Yep,if long,still long.....stops at current prev pivot low.

Saint

Hi Satya, Although you have asked your question to Saint but I really can't stop myself to try give you an answer before he does. You are absolutely right my friend, your stop should be yesterday's low (Low of 8th July).
lol Deb:D

Saint

biyasc

Hello Saint,

I am re-posting your NF chart after noting that several trades have been initiated with minor pivots. After this I went through the whole thread and read in 2 different posts about discouraging use of minor pivots. I have marked the minor pivot trades on your chart with red arrows.
Also i remember that recently you had expressed satisfaction with satya's chart on which he showed minor pivots of Nifty.
This has put me in good amount of confusion about usage of minor pivots. Can you please take some time (when you get it) to share your thoughts on this?

regards,
vin
i also looking for the answers from saint.

Hello Saint,

regards,
vin
Vin,my friend..........no harm with the usage of minor pivots.You have to test it out yourself.I don't mean just backtest......but does it work for YOU?If it does,great.......But whatever you do,you are trying to stay with the flow,and yet make maximum on the moves on either end.

In ABAN,I mainly employ the 2 bar method......because that's the way it moves.In JP,LANCO,UNITECH,GMR.....I mainly use all pivots.In NIFTY,mainly major pivots and 2 bar.

Satya and Milky do it slightly differently,and they are not wrong either........whichever you employ,and whatever method you feel is best to extract as much as possible,great......So long as you go with the Flow!

All the best!
Saint

ps:There are a few other posts from you that I have not answered yet.....soon.

biyasc

Vin,my friend..........no harm with the usage of minor pivots.You have to test it out yourself.I don't mean just backtest......but does it work for YOU?If it does,great.......But whatever you do,you are trying to stay with the flow,and yet make maximum on the moves on either end.

In ABAN,I mainly employ the 2 bar method......because that's the way it moves.In JP,LANCO,UNITECH,GMR.....I mainly use all pivots.In NIFTY,mainly major pivots and 2 bar.

Satya and Milky do it slightly differently,and they are not wrong either........whichever you employ,and whatever method you feel is best to extract as much as possible,great......So long as you go with the Flow!

All the best!
Saint

ps:There are a few other posts from you that I have not answered yet.....soon.
thanks for the answer saint.

Status
Not open for further replies.