How much return you expect from forex market

abhi_neth

Here is the result of my test from Van Tharp

YOU ARE A DETAILED TRADER

One of Your Trading Strengths - You should be really good at data analysis/developing business plans especially when someone provides you with the exact steps to take.

One of Your Trading Challenges - You can be overly critical and only notice the negatives in your trading. If you do not learn to recognize your mistakes, you could become stuck.

More or less it is true

abhi_neth

Ashwaniji, Went through your analysis GBPUSD, there are some question that crept into my mind but will post them after I back trade your analysis on the pair. I guess you are taking data from GCI, so will initiate trade there from 25th.

Thx

abhi_neth

Got struck in the first step itself. Since I do not have S&R data will use the daily pivots to monitor trade. What I understood is long trade is to be initiated on lower support & short trade on upper resistance. So, we have R3-R2-R1-PP-S1-S2-S3 for a day. Now which is lower support? Is it S1 or is it S2?

Thx

hills_5000

Hi Abhi...read post number 42 of this thread then you will not get stuck at the place you have :)

Got struck in the first step itself. Since I do not have S&R data will use the daily pivots to monitor trade. What I understood is long trade is to be initiated on lower support & short trade on upper resistance. So, we have R3-R2-R1-PP-S1-S2-S3 for a day. Now which is lower support? Is it S1 or is it S2?

Thx

abhi_neth

Hi Abhi...read post number 42 of this thread then you will not get stuck at the place you have :)
I've read post #42, but it is written in hindsight. Let's consider today as 24th Nov & I'm in short on GBPUSD. Now 25th opens & I have Pivots for the day. Haven't gone through the day, so what exactly happen I cannot tell you now. But let's assume that the day opened near the PP & closed above R1, so we exit our short trade & now initiate long trade. So is the long trade to be initiated next day at S1?

Just want to visualize how Ashwaniji has taken the trade.

Thx