Ichimoku Kinko Hyo trading system...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityasaraf007

Yes. I see it now. 200SMA is trending down. Yes, in your chart the stochs are overbought. But now we get to the various probabilities of stochs. The chart posted by me also shows fast stochs and slow stochs, and both are trending up.. so the chartwallas are having fun while I am more confused :confused:
There is no reason to be confused..... His setting for Stoch is (5,5,5)... whereas your setting is (14,3).... Change your setting and all the chartwalls would show the same Stoch :)

linkon7

image hosting

When i look at weekly TF, i simultaneously know how the current price structure is stacked against the bimonthly (9 period on TS), half yearly (26 period on KS) and yearly (52 period on KUMO).

The 50% retracement from the highest high to the lowest low of the last 2 months is at 5064, while 5240 represents 50% retracement of the last 6 months.

The 50% retracement of the highest high to lowest low in the DEC'2010 to MAY'2011 period is 5565

What does this info tell me....! Frankly, nothing at all...! we can move up from current price lvl...! we can move down...! we can move sideways...! As a trader, i want key reference level that i can use as a market-has-proven-you-wrong yardstick. I want to make a trading decision on likely direction and i need to know where my assumption is proven wrong (my stop loss).

Here i look at CS for my solution...!

5378 has been a very critical resistance-support area on the weekly tf. It has acted as important decision maker for long term players on 6 previous occasion. So this behaves as my key ref lvl.

A weekly close above this line will provide incentive for many long term players to really pump in the money. Till that time, all we see from FII/DII figures everyday is just plain shuffling of stocks. The net inflow is pathetic. This reinforces the belief that the big fish are not net-buyers but are just manipulating the index to make everyone feel the strength returning to the market.

The last pivot high on CS to give a range extension was 5648. After that all we see is a complex correction north.

A look at RSI for guidance on momentum. The pivot high on rsi is broken, but the last pivot high on rsi corresponds to 5648 lvl. It just means that we are in for a possible hidden divergence which can be a strong sell indicator, if stoch (cycle determinant) turns south and gives a short signal...!

Stop loss for this scenario remains at 5648 and exit is if we have a bar close above the 5378 mark and next week sees a follow up action above the high of the 5378 bar...!

adityasaraf007

Stop loss for this scenario remains at 5648 and exit is if we have a bar close above the 5378 mark and next week sees a follow up action above the high of the 5378 bar...!
Couldn't grasp this last sentence..... If you would exit the Short Trade if it sustains above 5378, then why are you keeping the SL of 5648

linkon7

image hosting jpg

A look at daily TF gives a difference picture...!

We have a strong 5050-5170 zone that has acted as reference level on multiple occasion. SO when price is above this zone, i remain bullish.

Its only when this lvl is broken decisively, i will become bearish...!

linkon7

Couldn't grasp this last sentence..... If you would exit the Short Trade if it sustains above 5378, then why are you keeping the SL of 5648
a weekly close above 5648 is a trend changer. Hence my stop loss.

5378 is where i expect supply to kick in...! In case we have a weekly close above this line, then next weekly bar will be my decider. If demand overcomes supply and we fail to close below 5378, then i have no reason to stay in the trade any more. If we do close below the 5378, then i know i have few strong bears who share my bias.

This flea on the elephants back will know the elephant will take him home...!:cool:

adityasaraf007

a weekly close above 5648 is a trend changer. Hence my stop loss.

5378 is where i expect supply to kick in...! In case we have a weekly close above this line, then next weekly bar will be my decider. If demand overcomes supply and we fail to close below 5378, then i have no reason to stay in the trade any more. If we do close below the 5378, then i know i have few strong bears who share my bias.

This flea on the elephants back will know the elephant will take him home...!:cool:
I get your point.... but why such a huge SL.... are you really going to play with this SL..... :)

I mean, since the analysis is on a Weekly TF and you would play on a Daily TF and SL is on a Closing Basis; its fine to keep a filter.... But a filter of 270 points is just too much in my opinion....... You may keep a filter of 60-70 points and if the market turns in your favour next week, you may enter the Shorts again.... :)

Or, am I still missing something.....

linkon7

I get your point.... but why such a huge SL.... are you really going to play with this SL..... :)

I mean, since the analysis is on a Weekly TF and you would play on a Daily TF and SL is on a Closing Basis; its fine to keep a filter.... But a filter of 270 points is just too much in my opinion....... You may keep a filter of 60-70 points and if the market turns in your favour next week, you may enter the Shorts again.... :)

Or, am I still missing something.....
And you are wondering why i dont look at monthly...! :lol:

The pivot point which give rise to a range extension is my stop loss. weekly bar has a avg range of 230-300 points. so 270 points is not a shocker as such.

Actually, my stoploss always comes from higher tf and smaller tf i find reasons to get out before the stops get hit....!

Also, objective of intraday trading is to shift the mental stoploss to the hard stop so that incase it gets hit, worst case, i get a scratch trade...!

adityasaraf007

Actually, the Shocker for me is the filter component in your SL.... Nifty is presently at 5230.... You would exit if Nifty closes and sustains above 5380 for a Week.... ie; Materiality in SL is just 150 points and the filter is 270 points.....

How's that?

PS: Thanks Button gone

linkon7

Actually, the Shocker for me is the filter component in your SL.... Nifty is presently at 5230.... You would exit if Nifty closes and sustains above 5380 for a Week.... ie; Materiality in SL is just 150 points and the filter is 270 points.....

How's that?

PS: Thanks Button gone
Its not a filter...! Its where stop loss is placed. Its a hard stop. tomorrow, if we go flat near 5378 lvl then i might find reasons to hold on to a short trade. but if 5648 gets hit, I am definitely out of the trade...!

VJAY

Its not a filter...! Its where stop loss is placed. Its a hard stop. tomorrow, if we go flat near 5378 lvl then i might find reasons to hold on to a short trade. but if 5648 gets hit, I am definitely out of the trade...!
Linkonji.....trading with 300+ point's stoplosses ....:)

I neverseen putting this much far stops before :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.