Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

6500 is still on dear friends..
ye thread tho kabi ka bharbath ho gaya..There was no fallow ups at least i kept the thread alive by posting some thing ..people like attractive charts not the reality..

AND THAT IS THE TRUTH .THERE SHOULD BE HEALTHY DEBATE..
PEOPLE ARE BIASED UNWILLING FOR OPEN DISCUSSION ....
JUST TELL ME IF TA CAN MAKE A TRADER MILLINER OR BILINEAR ...THERE ARE SO MANY ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE NOW EVERY ONE TRY HARD WITH MANY TECHNICAL SIGNALS..BREAKING THEIR HEAD TO GET PERFECTION IN TRADING.......USING BUY SELL SIGNALS..AND SO MANY OTHER ADVANCED SYSTEMS AVAILABLE ..HOW MANY CAN SUCCEED..!!
DEAR FRIENDS..SOME WHERE DOWN THE LINE.. YOU ALL WILL UNDERSTAND ALL THESE ARE ILLUSION.......
TO MAKE PROFIT CONSISTENTLY..TA MAY HELP JUST 30%.....
LET US CALL FOR THE MOST PROMINENT TA...AND LET THEM PUT UP CALLS
FALLOWED BY THEIR TRADES.....I AM 100% SURE NO ONE CAN...SHOW CONSISTENT PROFIT...
THIS TO EVERY ONE I AM NOT AGAINST TA.. OR ANY PERSON....I AM JUST HIGHLIGHTING THE FLAWS
SOME MAY THINK THAT THEY LOST MONEY WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF
TA...AND BY LEARNING SOME TA WILL RETRIEVE LOSSES I GIVE YOU 100% GUARANTY ..THAT THIS IS ALSO NOT GOING TO WORK..THAT IS WHAT I LEARNT..
GOOD LUCK TO EVERY ONE AND I PROMISE YOU ALL THAT I WILL NEVER COME BAKE AGAIN..IN THIS THREAD ..BACHAO JINKO TAKAT HAI.THANK YOU AND GOOD BYE..:thumb:

Raghuveer

The first post of this thread:
This thread will be useful for both beginners as well as positional traders who trade on the basis of trend with a medium term outlook. Trend analysis is an extremely tedious job and needs a lot of bits and pieces to be put together to capture the bigger picture. This thread will be focused on exactly doing that in capturing the bigger picture.

Points to be noted:
1. Nifty update will be posted once a week( or in between if there is any significant trend change ) after a comprehensive analysis.
2. Members are requested not to engage themselves in heated arguments with other members in this thread.
3. Anyone is welcome to this thread provided the discussions here are based only on the market.
4. Members are requested to post their messages as much as possible in English only.

Wishing one and all a very prosperous trading year ahead!
PraDa

PS: IMO, Short term- 1 month, Medium term- 3 months

Disclaimer: Though we try our best to be as accurate as possible with our analysis , sometimes market has its own thing to do, hence before taking your trading call , please use your own judgement.
Those who are not interested in TA or charts may find another thread interesting: "In Search of a system that need no chart no TA/FA".

prada

Time to pile on short positions in Nifty above 5980-6020 for some bear's delight. High conviction(risk) short on Tata motors can be taken as well. Though I've been recommending short positions on Tata motors(from 330 odd levels) to some of our members (through PM) who've been asking for some recos, I will will now make it an open reco for the benefit of other members as well. Target 250. Short on every rise recommended.

DSM

Thanks Prada,

Tata Motors seems to be a good short on the charts. Do you recommend any stop losse level at all? Or do you hold on irrespective of how much the position may go against you.?

What are your views on % SL based on capital e.g 5% SL of entry price, 5% SL level of capital, etc.

Would like to have detailed views on SL, and when one can leave aside technicals and manage capital.?

Time to pile on short positions in Nifty above 5980-6020 for some bear's delight. High conviction(risk) short on Tata motors can be taken as well. Though I've been recommending short positions on Tata motors(from 330 odd levels) to some of our members (through PM) who've been asking for some recos, I will will now make it an open reco for the benefit of other members as well. Target 250. Short on every rise recommended.

prada

@DSM, My preferred strategy would be to add short position at cmp and average it out in case it moves to 323 and have a mental stop at 325. Above 325 I would prefer to hedge the position and use technical knowledge to exit the hedge and go reverse. Its better to have clear strategy in place especially ahead of its results. That's why I've clearly mentioned that this is a high risk reco.

Thanks Prada,

Tata Motors seems to be a good short on the charts. Do you recommend any stop losse level at all? Or do you hold on irrespective of how much the position may go against you.?

What are your views on % SL based on capital e.g 5% SL of entry price, 5% SL level of capital, etc.

Would like to have detailed views on SL, and when one can leave aside technicals and manage capital.?

DSM

Prada - One more question.

Doubling position size would be at the resistance level I suppose, and the breach of which one would throw in the towel.

A generic question is what is the SL level.?

1. % based on entry level?
2. Based on technical level?
3. Based on % of capital?
4. Combination of the above?

Thanks.

@DSM, My preferred strategy would be to add short position at cmp and average it out in case it moves to 323 and have a mental stop at 325. Above 325 I would prefer to hedge the position and use technical knowledge to exit the hedge and go reverse. Its better to have clear strategy in place especially ahead of its results. That's why I've clearly mentioned that this is a high risk reco.

prada

@ DSM, I generally don't use SL in my method of trading. I prefer hedging my position in the direction of the trend and reverse the same at the appropriate technical level. This suits my style of trading. I hold positions sometimes for months together until my target price is achieved. I've mentioned my levels in my previous post. I would hedge my position at 325 if the need may arise. Let's see how this pans out.

Prada - One more question.

Doubling position size would be at the resistance level I suppose, and the breach of which one would throw in the towel.

A generic question is what is the SL level.?

1. % based on entry level?
2. Based on technical level?
3. Based on % of capital?
4. Combination of the above?

Thanks.

prada

Nifty Update: Going forward 5920 spot will act as stiff resistance and we are surely heading lower. As long as 5920 is not taken out decisively on a closing basis, Nifty will make an attempt to test 200 day EMA in the next few weeks. Biggest drag on the index going forward will be the heavy weights RIL and ITC and most obviously Bankex. All the best to your trades!