Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

prada

Weekly Update-
Nifty- Benchmark indices corrected and traded in a narrow band this week. 5650 was achieved as posted in last week's update. Now, where are we heading from here? Looking at the global setup, we are lagging behind in correction along with other Asian indices and a catch up should be underway soon. This correction should test the lower end of the channel around 5450-5500 before some relief rally comes into play. 5750 becomes the pivot and 5800 becomes a crucial level to watch for now on the upside. After some grinding, a decisive move should be seen in the coming week. Trade cautiously with strict stoplosses.

SP 500- Few weeks back, I had put out my update on US markets and rightly claimed that the correction was not over for the indices. Finally we have seen some decisive moves last week. Now if we do not get back above the lower channel in the next 2-3 sessions, the index will be on its way to test 1380-1400 pretty quickly. Looking at the damages seen in tech heavy Nasdaq after an extended rally, we are in for some decent correction with respect to other indices as well. Relief rally cannot be entirely ruled out in the coming week.

P.S: I am on travel and hence have limited access to internet. Until my next weekly update, have a wonderful trading week ahead!

Last edited:

Stock trendy

The medium-term view remains unaltered. The index has neared critical long-term resistance band between 18,800 and 19,150. A convergence on wave targets makes this a powerful hurdle from where the index can retract to 17,855 or 17,000. The extent of this correction will determine the medium-term trajectory in the index.
If the correction halts at the first target (17,855), it will imply that the index will attempt to move towards 20,000 again after consolidation in the zone between 17,800 and 19,000 for few more weeks.

The Nifty (5,676) too closed the week 71 points lower making the short-term outlook negative. The index could decline to 5,614 or 5,546 in the short-term. Traders can play short as long as the index trades below 5,746. Next short-term resistance would be at 5,815. Targets on a strong move beyond this peak would be 5,870 and 5,920.
The Nifty is in a short-term decline but the medium-term view remains positive. However, as we have been reiterating, the zone between 5,800 and 5,870 is an important long-term resistance zone for the index. Decline from this zone can pull the index down to 5,420 or 5,180 over the medium-term.
Halt around the first support at 5,420 will be ideal from a medium-term perspective.

The hindubsuinessline

Arsh

If I am not wrong, this is Q2 results season, which may have effect like on Friday because on Infosys results.
True that... Q2 results will have impact on Indices...

Today RIL will declare its 2nd-qtr results, if we look at its shares, it has gained almost 19 pct in 2012 so far. BSE oil and gas index has gained 13.7 pct during the same period...

RIL stock is marginally up, but the shares are trading close it their highest point of the day at 820 rupees...

SEVEN STAR

Folks is it going to be party time for bulls 5720 is the hurdle to jump..do we see gap up tomorrow..Nifty to trade in a range of 5650 to 5850 nothing much to expect out of index it could be very sluggish move through Oct.