Incisive Nifty Trend Analysis

del_66

Is this the beginning of a new bull market ?
After the recent rally and resilience seen in our market , the question in everyone's mind is " are we witnessing a new bull market? ". Without a second thought my answer would be NO. I would call this a minor correction within a secondary bear market which is still within a primary bull market. This might sound confusing but let me elaborate this further. Bull market which started in 2001 saw its peak in 2008 giving returns of close to 650 % in a span of 7 years. Then we saw the collapse which erased more than 50 % of its gains. This was the start of the bear market within an underlying multi-year bull market which started in 2001. Subsequently the upward rally what we have witnessed thereafter could be termed as correction within this bear market especially since the previous high of 6357 was not taken out in the rally witnessed in 2009-2010.

Now this is where technical analysis comes in handy , as to what the future direction is going to look like. Before we resume the next leg of the power bull market rally which started in 2001, which could take us all the way to 12,350 within a period of next 6-7 years, there is pending correction which could be quite painful. This correction will be quite sharp and I dont want to put out numbers here, since that could be quite disturbing at this moment and I dont want to receive flack from other members since this is my first analytical post in this thread.

Now coming to the short to medium term. This minor correction , we are witnessing within this bear market rally has a decent resistance placed close to 5380 area since the falling trendline between 6336 and 5630 comes in close to this area. If this is tackled successfully then the next resistance is placed at 5446 and 5505 and nifty is expected to top out somewhere in this range. In case there is some liquidity gush and if nifty is pushed through the barrier at 5630 then the market will eventually top out close to 5850-5950 before the deep correction begins. The more the market goes up from here, much deeper will be the correction ahead. Picking the top from here on and having a short position in place at the right time will definitely be a delight for the bears. That's it for now. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mr. Prada's changed view overnight and look at his target............ "We might be in the final leg of the rally which can take Nifty to 5950-6000 before it fizzles out".GOT IT.:thumb:..:rofl:
He's said it in the beginning of the thread.

megapixel

fact is nobody can tell where market is going.....two days back we saw high decline and discussed about shorting .....many have shorted also I guess.....but see how market proved everybody wrong. ....it just jumped up.

analysts always use diplomatic words

not sure ..whether this will be range bound again or not ....but tired of this ranging stuff.

Looks like Mr Baliga (ET Now Independent Analyst)is going to be right ( 22 Oct , 2012 posting)
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ma...er-to-6000-by-diwali-betlt-baliga_772125.html

Last edited:

Stock trendy

Mr. Prada's changed view overnight and look at his target............ "We might be in the final leg of the rally which can take Nifty to 5950-6000 before it fizzles out".GOT IT.:thumb:..:rofl:
NF target 5550 unfortunately higher levels against many hope and that is the reason i am not long yet.. change of view by Mr.Prada was unwarranted he was perfectly correct by saying that it was a dead cat bounce
we have to get ready to embrace huge down move shortly.. not only our market all over the world. All market indices are hitting highs without any reason
Pls. note i am not an TA i admire Mr prada's messages
My calculation was NF made low at 5610 + 300 made it 5910 haha..:thumb:

SexyTrader

Markets rallying higher for no solid reason is obviously a TRAP in my opinion.

I expect the coming week or next...the Nifty to touch below 5600...maybe even 5500 coz no logic to this rallying higher! :)

Better to buy 5600 Put on Monday or the days ahead :thumb:

trade4putuval

I am short nifty, and people can go short nifty for 2 reasons:
  • 3ema in daily left. Price stands at 5667.
  • Kijun is still flat and nifty was not able to cross the kijun indicating resistance. Kijun flat means price action has to go and meet tenken sen, which is at 5652.

Stock trendy

So 5950 is target.
5815 is caped as of now, just see Nifty fail to close even above 5700 so the down side levels are wide open, approximately 5550 is the target for now..or spot nifty may move with in the range of 5580-5700 for some days and then resume its down move.
Given our economic situation high inflation GDP growth. ect. not supporting any further move up in our stock market.
After the election results in US who ever come in to power have to take hard decisions that may not in favor of Wall street.. same with Europe they too have to tighten their policy to bring in some control over their crises.
All this could happen starting from 2013 extend up to mid of the year (6 months)
I expect this period will see big sell of all over Financial Markets.
My view may go wrong also

SexyTrader

Markets are going to fall big on Monday.....

The entire next week will be hogged by US elections and other tricky issues!

So we are looking at 5550 or even 5500 in the current time! :)

I will buy 5600 Put & 5500 Put on Monday :thumb:

Sultaan

I am short nifty, and people can go short nifty for 2 reasons:
  • 3ema in daily left. Price stands at 5667.
  • Kijun is still flat and nifty was not able to cross the kijun indicating resistance. Kijun flat means price action has to go and meet tenken sen, which is at 5652.
So what level u short from ? cause u were already short b4 y'day... :confused:

Nifty daily:
Very difficult to judge! Keeping stop of 5654, one can go short for target of 5515.
reading your abv post one wud think you went short on y'day's top, looking at dow all shorter came out of their y'day caves lol ;)

trade4putuval

So what level u short from ? cause u were already short b4 y'day... :confused:

reading your abv post one wud think you went short on y'day's top, looking at dow all shorter came out of their y'day caves lol ;)
Yaa, i was short at 5675, close price is 5739. But nobody stops me from shorting again :). Well, lets see!