Linkon's guppyBB system...!

linkon7

@ Linkon Sir,

Kindly indicate link to check SGX NIFTY @9.14am.
Thanks
Keerthi
u can check it here....

http://sgxnifty.in/

or better still is to use the CNBC news channel... as thats the only useful info i get from there before market starts...!

linkon7

I need help now from a few traders who can backtest and carry out assignments. Since its all about getting statistical advantage, I want to involve a few persons in testing out various conditions before finalising the rules...

Those interested can please PM me...

Last edited:

cbosein

Linkon Sir,

I am interested to backtest this sytem provided inform methods/rules for backtesting. Mail id: keerthi405 at the rate gmail dot com

Using Amibroker for my intaday charting purpose.
Keerthi

Thanks & regards,
I need help now from a few traders who can backtest and carry out assignments. Since its all about getting statistical advantage, I want to involve a few persons in testing out various conditions before finalising the rules...

linkon7

SGX rule is basically an enhancement of the break out rule...

today SGX was at 5548 at 9.14, First 3 min opening bar, we had a 38 point wide range. The high made was 5568 and low was 5530... next bar was above sgx... so at 9.18, trigger were buy at 5573 (5568+5) and sell at 5543 (5548 -5 )... short got triggered..gave a 50 point ride south...

jagankris

Linkon Ji I am in.Though I don't know how to backtest I will give a try.

Thanks.

sumosanammain

SGX rule is basically an enhancement of the break out rule...

today SGX was at 5548 at 9.14, First 3 min opening bar, we had a 38 point wide range. The high made was 5568 and low was 5530... next bar was above sgx... so at 9.18, trigger were buy at 5573 (5568+5) and sell at 5543 (5548 -5 )... short got triggered..gave a 50 point ride south...
:) Some huge diff in your data. Even the first 10 mins bar had a low of 5549

linkon7

:) Some huge diff in your data. Even the first 10 mins bar had a low of 5549
It doesn't matter that much.. what mattered was that first 3 min was trading above SGX lvl and if market had to pull higher it had to take out the high+filter... if it didn't, the automatic short trigger is 5 points below sgx... so we place both the triggers and wait to see which gets hit...

Its a break out trade and we use it only for the first 30 min to max 1 hr, as most of our candles are borrowed from day before...

linkon7

Trading Logic behind the sgx rule :

Market is a future discounting mechanism and any over night events that has can change the sentiments will affect the perceived value will be decided on the trading floor.

Its a global world now and all the big market movers have parallel access to multiple exchange. SGX offers the big players to take protective positions before our market opens. If we compare the sgx value just before our market opens with the previous day's range and the Value area, then we get a fair idea as what the sentiments of one section of the big players think of the market today.

Once our market opens, then it becomes a full scale war between bulls and bears and the first 3 min decides who will control the rest of the day.

Now we use this 3 min and reference to sgx value and a bit of MP's VA to decide our first trade. Directional trigger is placed both ways and we let market decide the flow...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
linkon7 AmiBroker 129
VJAY Options 10
linkon7 Options 36
linkon7 Day Trading 477
linkon7 Options 17