Lost Huge Money

U

uasish

Dear All,

I am trading for many years, I have lost too much money. Can any successful person in this world teach me how to make profit in Cash or Futurs market .

Market looser
To start with you need live data feed & a software to decipher that + a trading platform like icicidirect/kotak/indiabulls etc.

An unwanted insight from hari williams: Trade 8 consecutive days with this buyqty>sell qty,and u can see the profitability may become just a shift of the zero from right side to the left side (i.e. 08 %).
Hari09Omkar brother, you are more than welcome :) As we all know There are more losing trades than winning trades in day trading.. but a few good trades make it worthwhile. and our role as good trader is to make few good trades than more bad trades :)

yesterday, on 5th feb 2008, i jumped into Buyers>Sellers qty trades.. like in ispat, nagarfert, indusbank, etc..

and today 6th in RPL, nagarfert and ttml all went successful.. but with tvsmotor and powergrid my stoplosses got triggered.

hari09omkar, please share.. more insight and methods which you've discovered.

Dear fast_rizwaan,

1. How can i get TotalBuyQty & TotalSellQty details.

2. Please explain scalping+atst with a example. Its bit confusing.

Thanks
1. If you use Applet based trading platform like Reliance's instatrade, or Software based like odindiet or powertrade etc.. they show Total Buy (bid) QTY and Total Sell (ask) Qty. That means you need realtime data feeds.

Alternatively, go to http://www.nseindia.com, get quote of a scrip, say RPL, you can see "Total Buy Qty", "Total Sell Qty " there but it is a bit delayed.

2. Scalping is taking small profits many times.. say you buy rpl at 170 and sell it at 170.5 or 171 (taking a profit of 0.5 to 1 tick). if you do this 10 times, you'll get 5 tick profit 100 shares*(10times*0.5 profit) = 500

so, you are having 17200, you can do 100 shares of RPL. if say RPL falls to 166.. then you may convert it to delivery.. and wait till it comes back to 170+deliverybrokerage+taxes = 172, which is usually the next day.

this way your bad trades will only result in "Suspension" of your price.. but only do scalping with the money you can throw away.

scalping is overwork and tiring.. so better avoid it..

sudoku1

1. If you use Applet based trading platform like Reliance's instatrade, or Software based like odindiet or powertrade etc.. they show Total Buy (bid) QTY and Total Sell (ask) Qty. That means you need realtime data feeds.

Alternatively, go to http://www.nseindia.com, get quote of a scrip, say RPL, you can see "Total Buy Qty", "Total Sell Qty " there but it is a bit delayed.

2. Scalping is taking small profits many times.. say you buy rpl at 170 and sell it at 170.5 or 171 (taking a profit of 0.5 to 1 tick). if you do this 10 times, you'll get 5 tick profit 100 shares*(10times*0.5 profit) = 500

so, you are having 17200, you can do 100 shares of RPL. if say RPL falls to 166.. then you may convert it to delivery.. and wait till it comes back to 170+deliverybrokerage+taxes = 172, which is usually the next day.

this way your bad trades will only result in "Suspension" of your price.. but only do scalping with the money you can throw away.

scalping is overwork and tiring.. so better avoid it..
stay on guard as operaters manipulate this very easily....
a high net worth operater simply keeps 10 times the top 5 quantity 2 say suppose 19% lower than the current price to buy & starts offloading in hidden .....novice see more buyers....start buying the operaters stock....as the desired qty is over ' he suddenly withdraws the buy order & puts it 19% abv the mkt price to sell............!!!!
result.....panickstriken traders run to cut their longs.........

H

hari09omkar

Hari09Omkar brother, you are more than welcome :) As we all know There are more losing trades than winning trades in day trading.. but a few good trades make it worthwhile. and our role as good trader is to make few good trades than more bad trades :)

yesterday, on 5th feb 2008, i jumped into Buyers>Sellers qty trades.. like in ispat, nagarfert, indusbank, etc..

and today 6th in RPL, nagarfert and ttml all went successful.. but with tvsmotor and powergrid my stoplosses got triggered.

hari09omkar, please share.. more insight and methods which you've discovered.
Well rizwaan,the buy qty > sell qty is nothing for the trades so far.It's just for that time when u r seeing it.So it will keep changing.Watch closely and u can see that a buy qty > sell qty for 10: 32 am in any counter say Rnrl can change to sell qty > buy qty at 10 :35 am.So there is nothing in it dear.It's just ur luck,which gave u money in those trades,if u continue for a fortnight with same principle,u will lose ur shirt surely.
Another thing: u can't survive here without knowing the trends zone and trading zone.So take some ideas of trends from Saint's thread dear.......

Last edited by a moderator:
trading is much more disciplined and requires constant vigilance.Get in and get out swiftly,keep strict stop loss,never leave the screen with a position on hand with out a stop loss,whatever the situation of the market

trading is much more disciplined and requires constant vigilance.Get in and get out swiftly,keep strict stop loss,never leave the screen with a position on hand with out a stop loss,whatever the situation of the market
true, yesterday when I went to cook breakfast for my wife (who was ill by the way) :)). I was in 3000rs profit, forgot to put a stop loss, when I came back in 10 minutes I was 1200 rupess in loss..

her breakfast cost me more than a decent five star hotel lunch ::D

Another thing: u can't survive here without knowing the trends zone and trading zone.So take some ideas of trends from Saint's thread dear.......
brother, trends are for short-long term trading.. like swing trading and investing, isn't it? how is it relevant for intraday?

and trading range is what we get from pivot point calculation. trading rage can be got with weekly support and weekly resistance, right?

please bring clarity.. thanks.

R

ratan jain

true, yesterday when I went to cook breakfast for my wife (who was ill by the way) :)). I was in 3000rs profit, forgot to put a stop loss, when I came back in 10 minutes I was 1200 rupess in loss..

her breakfast cost me more than a decent five star hotel lunch ::D
Good thing u didnt go to cook her lunch, or that lunch would have cost you a decent 1 bed room flat in bby suburbs