My System - My trades.

Just sticking my neckout though i dislike predicting, but i am very Gung Ho on Reliance and i predict that you will now never see Reliance in triple digits unless a scam breaks out with Reliance in the controversy. And i for one would not be surprised to see it double from where it is today in the next 10years if not 5 years. This BO in Reliance is no flash in the pan. It has taken out its last 9 years high in this current move, we are not talking only of a 52 week high.

VJAY

Dear Happy bro /vijay bro,
Is this code correct for OBV 5 ribbon? just edited where 15 mentioned :) ...only know editing afl :D
_SECTION_BEGIN("OBV BO_BD 5");
n = Param("Period",5,5,500,5);
y = Param("Ribbon Y",45,0,500,5);
Ob = OBV();
Hi = HHV(Ob,n);
Lo = LLV(Ob,n);
B1 = Cross(Ob,Ref(Hi,-1));
S1 = Cross(Ref(Lo,-1),Ob);
B1 = ExRem(B1,S1);
S1 = ExRem(S1,B1);
UP1 = Flip(B1,S1);
DN1 = Flip(S1,B1);
PlotOHLC(y,Y+5,y,y,"",IIf(UP1,colorBlue,colorRed),styleOwnScale|styleNoLabel|styleCloud,0,500);
_SECTION_END();

Just sticking my neckout though i dislike predicting, but i am very Gung Ho on Reliance and i predict that you will now never see Reliance in triple digits unless a scam breaks out with Reliance in the controversy. And i for one would not be surprised to see it double from where it is today in the next 10years if not 5 years. This BO in Reliance is no flash in the pan. It has taken out its last 9 years high in this current move, we are not talking only of a 52 week high.
We all know that DIIs and domestic mutual funds have become very dominant players in the Indian markets and huge money is put in mutual funds.If you see the portfolios of the mutual funds,over 75-80 % don't hold any reliance shares because it was a laggard for many years.Now reliance outperforming the index,the mutual fund managers will be forced to add reliance in their portfolio and that will add fuel to the uptrend in reliance.We recently saw what a FII limit increase did to HDFC Bank shares.

Smart_trade

vagar11

Yes ST da. I believe that a trader(especially traders who are not consistently profitable) should follow 100% mechanical system to gain confidence in executing the trades/psychological resilience that is needed to sustain in this business. We tend to focus more on the end-result more than the process itself. It is actually the process which makes the trader more equipped for future unknowns.

So, there is no point for struggling traders to beat himself up for not making 50 points like somebody else. All we can do is just formulate rules, stick to the rules , use proper MM on every trade and create that psychological resilience. The more 'degrees of freedom' (statistics term) a.k.a parameters in the system, the more difficult to create a rule based system around it.

Create 100% mechanical trading system(no doubts or hesitation should arise if a trade trigger comes), execute them 100% without fail (dont try to outsmart your system by not taking trades thinking that it is going up for 3 days, so no trend trades kind of stuff..these kind of discretion is reserved only for experts) Sticking to the system 100% is really important because it creates that ‘discipline’ brain muscle in us. It is already difficult to execute mechanical systems 100% and if we introduce discretion in execution, then game over for struggling traders (personal experience).

Please test that mechanical system for at least 200 days before trading. If you start having drawdowns from the first day. You will start having all types of thoughts like what if this method stops working from today etc. I have tried trading mechanical systems, there is always a urge to take early exit.