My System - My trades.

MEAG

Another good method to enter a trade is when it is say above the 200EMA and you are looking for a countertrend trade (as it cannot go on forever). Just take a short when the low of the previous red ribbon period is breached (as that would be making a lower low pattern and hence a likely case for reversal. The SL would be small and manageable at this point but the rewards could be huge as it could breach 200EMA and fall a lot). Though i did not trade NG today, the sell came at 202.1 with ISL of 202.4 with this method.The current rate is around 195.
Varunji,

For this do we have to ignore or consider PDC levels of OBV?
At the time of the short trade in NG, OBV was above PDC levels.
White line in price pane is at 202.10.
Dotted white line in OBV pane is PDC.

Vipul_84

Xrayji, for ribbon method you look for all 5 ribbons of same color or just 2 of price pane or just 3 of OBV pane ? Please share one chart as well.
Varun ji Nothing wrong with your flow !!! i just divided your systems in two categories first is basic setup which is for newbies and starters another is for pro trader setups

please correct me if i'm wrong .

Basic setup :

1.36 200 EMA on Price OBV with 36 being PB and add on and 200 trend decider

2.Ribbon method.. Its all so simple with all ribbon of same color go in that direction

Pro setups

1.HH and HL entry in OBV

2.BO and BD around PDC of OBV and trade in that direction

Abhi ji in the above chart we are making higher lows above 200EMA in the 1st 3 marked levels. We take a short trade when the highest low is breached (the one marked still higher low) at 3216 and the Ribbon colour is red (added confirmation). Our ISL would also be reasonably small.
Dear Varun Sir,

Thanks a ton for the prompt and clear explanation.

You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks once again,

Abhinay Sharma

Varunji,

For this do we have to ignore or consider PDC levels of OBV?
At the time of the short trade in NG, OBV was above PDC levels.
White line in price pane is at 202.10.
Dotted white line in OBV pane is PDC.

It is upto you. Pls remember these are my observations not RULES. The one and only rule is to take trades as per ribbon colour. You have to take each trade on its merit.(meaning the affordability of the SL) the more you delay entry, the bigger the isl.

Vipul_84

Varunji, good morning! Because of this Ribbon method, I am thinking of trading CO, NG & Nickel. One by one and with strict 1 lot to gain the experience. I am planning with paper trades for one month and then get into actual trading by mid - April or May first week. Thanks for your nice method. :thumb: