My System - My trades.

VJAY

Pivot points drawn at pivot above /below 36 ema .....

john302928

John, I am still occupied with learning OBV, have not tried options/spreads.
But Varunji has posted in details. Thread is big so it will take time to dig out.
Its really difficult to find out his set of rules for entry ,exit SL. I understand his rules are simple to buy when price and OBV are above 200EMA. But it would have been great if he had clearly mentioned at the first post of the thread with all his notes and guidelines. So that anyone who wants to try his method can easily find the information.all his valuable information are spread all over the thread like bits and pieces.

I would even suggest him to open a new thread and post the first post with clear chart and rules and guidelines for Buy and sell and SL, trailing SL, for second entry during the day etc. So he can avoid answering many common questions pertaining to these information.

hi Varunkochar
fyi

wisp

Its really difficult to find out his set of rules for entry ,exit SL. I understand his rules are simple to buy when price and OBV are above 200EMA. But it would have been great if he had clearly mentioned at the first post of the thread with all his notes and guidelines. So that anyone who wants to try his method can easily find the information.all his valuable information are spread all over the thread like bits and pieces.

I would even suggest him to open a new thread and post the first post with clear chart and rules and guidelines for Buy and sell and SL, trailing SL, for second entry during the day etc. So he can avoid answering many common questions pertaining to these information.

hi Varunkochar
fyi
Bro!! We are the learners, if we don't have the patience to go through the thread from post one, why should Varunji spoon feed us :lol:

FYI, the first few pages are the 200 ema method, so please go through each post of Varunji's, would help you.

john302928

Bro!! We are the learners, if we don't have the patience to go through the thread from post one, why should Varunji spoon feed us :lol:

FYI, the first few pages are the 200 ema method, so please go through each post of Varunji's, would help you.
Bro, its up to you how you see my message. This is not about spoon feeding. This is about organizing information.The first discipline every trader should have is the discipline with his trading rules.while we organise rules for trading , why not for the trading information.My intention was to have all his valuable notes at one place.So that one can understand all the important things easily. when a beginner like us while going through each of the messages in this thread, there are lot of chances to miss any of his notes which is not good.

wisp

Bro, its up to you how you see my message. This is not about spoon feeding. This is about organizing information.The first discipline every trader should have is the discipline with his trading rules.while we organise rules for trading , why not for the trading information.My intention was to have all his valuable notes at one place.So that one can understand all the important things easily. when a beginner like us while going through each of the messages in this thread, there are lot of chances to miss any of his notes which is not good.
So please do the work :D and collect all his notes in one place. It will benefit others also.

VJAY

Yes its good always all rules in one place...but that too do by thread starter himself!!!!!!!!he is professional trader...we need to thank for him to atleast shared what he trades...above it asking him to post all again its not good....anyone can do that work who have passion and want to learn this method....my views

vijkris

Learner and Follower
May be this thread can help u.. http://www.traderji.com/beginners-guide/104279-trading-obv-beginners-only.html

But will advise u to read posts in this thread as well for better understanding.

ap*

I'm sure others have tried but let me give my explanation on how I use this method. Hope it helps someone.

Buy when when price and obv line both cross 200 ma. A fresh crossover of both is preferred. I keep sl at previous pivot low. And trail sl. The moment I get 50 points I trail sl to cost and hold.

I don't have / use ambibroker so no ribbons or afls for me. I just mechanically follow this. I use no other form of verification like break of previous day high or low by the obv even. Following this many trades hit small sls or breakeven but net overall it is still very much profitable. Last month without actively trading this system on a daily basis I have caught 400 Bnf points on this. It also helps if one doesn't follow the short signals when the trend is up on higher timeframes. ( not following this basic methodology cost me some of my profits. ) on higher time frames like 5,15min and 1 hour the results are mind blowing.

Once the method is given it is upto those interested to follow and try to get the most out of it for themselves. It is pointless to expect the threadstarter to quantify the entire method ,specify repeatedly what to do and follow.