New Intermed Uptrend!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
saint said:
Hi Avinash,
Glad to know you are holding all those mentioned above...all are nice ones at great entries.But may I suggest something?I am sure you have a way to track your portfolio......just don't look at the gains and losses part.If you have reached a stage when that doesn't matter,it's fine.In the beginning,you look for an entry point,a stop loss point,a target point,reward to risk,how many shares to buy by share sizing properly,keep bringining up the stops,etc.What you should focus on in the beginning of your trading career is proper trading techniques,not profits or losses......Believe me that when technique is correct,profits will soon flow.

A trade is a good trade if you reached your target.A trade is a good trade if you were stopped out and adhered to your stop.A trade is abad one if your point of entry was poor because you were chasing it,or did not adhere to stops because you hoped and prayed that the price will come back up to save you.

From what you said,you took your stops......other trades are all up huge,they are correcting now that's all.Nothing to worry,my friend....You are doing fine,very fine.Keep up your good work.

Happy Trading!!
Saint
Thx Saint......... :)

avinash said:
Saint,

Are you still in MAARS?Taking profits yet?

Avinash
Yes,Avinash,still in MAARS :) ...................for now raise stop loss to 5.5.Curious to see how much this can go before getting stopped.

saint said:
Yes,Avinash,still in MAARS :) ...................for now raise stop loss to 5.5.Curious to see how much this can go before getting stopped.
Dear Saint
good run(should i say jumps) in Maars today. freezed today at 7.30. my fingers are crossed for monday.
Alka India also freezed today at 2.48...
I am now stalking Ajanta Soya. No volume as yet but i expect a break out soon.
syschem is also consolidating for next breakout..
regards
RAVI T

Hi Saint,

When we do online trading with some slooooooooow sites like icicidirect or hdfcsec, how do v implement the stop losses on a volatile day of trading ???
I do want to have a strict stop loss strategy in place, but if I have a big portfolio, do I have to put in the stop loss orders everyday ?? because when it falls, it does so like a stone and by the time u are able to logon to icici or hdfc, the price has really gone down !!
The other day I was going thru your update and was surprised to see you stopped in Bombay dyeing, which I did not do, but like it has gone up again, most of the shares which fell hard seem to be doing quite well. In that case is it not possible that one makes a loss and then the very next day the same stock goes right up and u r left feeling even more miserable ??? How does one take such decisions in such a volatile market ??

Thanks,
Karuna

kravindran said:
Hi Saint,

When we do online trading with some slooooooooow sites like icicidirect or hdfcsec, how do v implement the stop losses on a volatile day of trading ???
I do want to have a strict stop loss strategy in place, but if I have a big portfolio, do I have to put in the stop loss orders everyday ?? because when it falls, it does so like a stone and by the time u are able to logon to icici or hdfc, the price has really gone down !!
The other day I was going thru your update and was surprised to see you stopped in Bombay dyeing, which I did not do, but like it has gone up again, most of the shares which fell hard seem to be doing quite well. In that case is it not possible that one makes a loss and then the very next day the same stock goes right up and u r left feeling even more miserable ??? How does one take such decisions in such a volatile market ??

Thanks,
Karuna
Hi Karuna,
As for the Bombay Dyeing,I apologise......It was accidentally updated as stopped out.The problem is that sometimes I take 2 positions in a stock,one a short term one and another a long term one.Got stopped out of the short term one......Had editted that today.Am still in.Glad you are still in.Once again,I apologise.

As for the feeling miserable part,what to do,my friend,that's part of trading.We set a target,if hit we trail stop it,if hit,we're out.........when the market turns around,and that stock shoots off,I admit there's that feeling of regret.But a stop is a stop......today you feel that sense of regret,another time would have been a sense of relief that you adhered to your stops.Of course,if we were sometimes thrown off that stock d/t volatility,can always reenter eg Sesa Goa,managed to reenter today at a lower price....but I have no qualms about reentering at a higher price either

About the brokerage part,I wouldn't be able to help you.I am abit oldfashioned in that way.I call up my broker and put in an order,the whole process takes seconds,so I am cool with the present arrangement.I've not had any probs so far.That question has to be put again to somebody els who could help you.Apologies!!

Saint

ragh_ash said:
hi saint,
got into
maars at 7.3
pricol at 56.7
gufic at 32.1
so pl guide next
any targets
ragh_ash
Hi ragh_ash,
Your entry point is important ,my friend,very very important.If you didn't get in at that point,then you are playing with fire!!MAARS at 7.3!!!!!!!!
That's 20.7% up from point of entry.If this blasts off next few days,great for you....but I wouldn't have entered at 7.3.Why not??Coz the risk is now more than the reward.It just doesn't make trading sense.Please work on your entry point,please!!

PRICOL may take some time to get a move on......GUFIC again should 've been in the 31.5 area,but not so bad.

Saint

ravi t said:
Dear Saint
good run(should i say jumps) in Maars today. freezed today at 7.30. my fingers are crossed for monday.
Alka India also freezed today at 2.48...
I am now stalking Ajanta Soya. No volume as yet but i expect a break out soon.
syschem is also consolidating for next breakout..
regards
RAVI T
Hi Ravi,
Nice ones both of them....Syschem has a bit of resistance around 8,but both starting nice uptrends.Nice one.....and good call on MAARS as well.Usually don't touch anything below 15.....but this was looking too juicy.Have huge share size as well.....was a cool jump today!

All the best!
Saint

saint said:
Hi ragh_ash,
Your entry point is important ,my friend,very very important.If you didn't get in at that point,then you are playing with fire!!MAARS at 7.3!!!!!!!!
That's 20.7% up from point of entry.If this blasts off next few days,great for you....but I wouldn't have entered at 7.3.Why not??Coz the risk is now more than the reward.It just doesn't make trading sense.Please work on your entry point,please!!

PRICOL may take some time to get a move on......GUFIC again should 've been in the 31.5 area,but not so bad.

Saint
thx saint,
i guess i "mistimed" it. (gross understatement)
but i sure will enter either right or not at all, from now on. again thx for quick reply.
should i take a hit and get out now?
ragh_ash

Status
Not open for further replies.