NIFTY FIFTY

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMITBE

AMITBE said:
To the up some step-ups are 2875-2582-2889-2896-2903.

Supports are 2858-2854-2849-2843-2840-2837-2834-2831-2828-2824.

Will be coming back to the levels again later.
A move above 2830-2842 is the minimum needed to cause stablity.

2798-2793 are crucial to hold.

C

Czar

guess we are the center of the world

somehow the way the things are going i think only relief will be 1 day like last friday...

either that or optimistically we are going to test the bottom...I am short again... lets see

If any one is using aptistock, kindly check out this stuff. There is a price file section called as global market index in aptistock. It tracks about 81 market indices across the globe. May be 10 or 15 of them are belongig to american markets. Yesterday I updated it and to my utter surprise I found out that about 75% of the indices across the world moved in the same manner inculding our nifty and tankex ( I mean sensex). Almost all of them had sharp fall around October 2005 for about two weeks, thereafter recovered upto May 2006 and again had sharp fall during May 2006. Even the intermediate recovery/retracement in this bear phase (from May 2006) is also exactly similar in nature. Just apply bollinger band to each and every indices and see how every indice moved nicely along the bands in tandem. If we are raisng and sinking in tandem with other markets, then is there any point in tom toming about India growth story?

pkjha30

munchikana said:
If any one is using aptistock, kindly check out this stuff. There is a price file section called as global market index in aptistock. It tracks about 81 market indices across the globe. May be 10 or 15 of them are belongig to american markets. Yesterday I updated it and to my utter surprise I found out that about 75% of the indices across the world moved in the same manner inculding our nifty and tankex ( I mean sensex). Almost all of them had sharp fall around October 2005 for about two weeks, thereafter recovered upto May 2006 and again had sharp fall during May 2006. Even the intermediate recovery/retracement in this bear phase (from May 2006) is also exactly similar in nature. Just apply bollinger band to each and every indices and see how every indice moved nicely along the bands in tandem. If we are raisng and sinking in tandem with other markets, then is there any point in tom toming about India growth story?
Good discovery and equally good question. Whether it was same for last 15 years ? Do check
pankaj:)

munchikana said:
Great observation.. However, the way I look at it, the rise and fall of the stock market index really does not have too much of an influence on the economic growth story. Its actually the other way around and correlation does not imply causation. . I remember reading somewhere that for USA, 1929 was one of the better years, economy wise while still coinciding with the greatest crash of the stock market. But then its just my 2 cents (of a newbie)

cheers

Mohit

jdm

munchikana said:
If any one is using aptistock, kindly check out this stuff. There is a price file section called as global market index in aptistock. It tracks about 81 market indices across the globe.
just off topic

its not only with aptistock, but with any charting program or programs which can downloads data from yahoo. program like FChars, Amiborker etc can do the same with equal ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.