Realtime data NOW,ODIN,TradeTiger,Google,Yahoo > AmiBroker, Fcharts, Qtstalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

sr114

Google backfill is to be done with "Data Downloader". I have given link to the video in signature. Why reinvent the wheel when a free application already exists? actually i am not asking about how i download the quotes from google but the backfill part - can it be automated thru any jscript? no further invention of the goddam wheel.

What is MRTQ? MRTQ13- whose blog u mentioned when u released this utility

Sharekhan assigns the name that you give or sheet1. You can save the workbook with any name that you want. Backfill is also easy with it. I shall upload a video if I get access to TT for backfil if u require i can provide the data structure in which Sharekhan stores the backfill data. no need to get hold of TT

was going thru ur data downloader video. u missed this part. pls upgrade the following in ur data downloader settings for better data download customised acc ur needs from google (max 10 days) and yahoo (1 min, 5 min). i normally set it up as this.

general setings

column settings

sr

Last edited:

josh1

was going thru ur data downloader video. u missed this part. pls upgrade the following in ur data downloader settings for better data download customised acc ur needs from google (max 10 days) and yahoo (1 min, 5 min). i normally set it up as this.

general setings

column settings

sr
I was not using this part. Thanks for that. May be I have to upload another video. Now you have got everything. Change the date format string to DDMMYYYY.
Add this line to the file "import.types" in your\AmiBroker\Format folder
Nest3 format (*.txt)|*.txt|Nest3.format
Use import ascii option in Ami with Nest3.format. You will be able to update multiple scrips at a time.
Else use import wizard once and create your own format file. Next time use that in the option "Import ASCII"
However, Google and Yahoo give quotes before 9:15 i.e. preopen quotes also which I don't like

Sharekhan gives data in - Date, Time, volume, Open, high, low, close, average format. Ticker name is to be added on the left. and average to be deleted. Will require some programming skill.

sr114

However, Google and Yahoo give quotes before 9:15 i.e. pre open quotes also which I don't like

Sharekhan gives data in - Date, Time, volume, Open, high, low, close, average format. Ticker name is to be added on the left. and average to be deleted. Will require some programming skill.
actually the trick lies there, save the file in the ticker name (as it appears in Ami), delete the average part via macro or in format file keep the average as skip. then the import wizard or import via ascii is easier as the data is stored in respective ticker files in ami database. from ODIN, i backfill in that way - i only take the date,time,O,H,L,C,V, delete the average and turnover and save it in the respective ticker name. i then import via ascii all files ( it is more than 10 at a time). so the addition of ticker name in the csv or txt file is not that important

sr

josh1

actually the trick lies there, save the file in the ticker name (as it appears in Ami), delete the average part via macro or in format file keep the average as skip. then the import wizard or import via ascii is easier as the data is stored in respective ticker files in ami database. from ODIN, i backfill in that way - i only take the date,time,O,H,L,C,V, delete the average and turnover and save it in the respective ticker name. i then import via ascii all files ( it is more than 10 at a time). so the addition of ticker name in the csv or txt file is not that important

sr
Does Ami recognise Ticker name from filename? How?

josh1

i dont know but i am successfully doing these. if the name differs u have to merge the data

sr
Yes. It does take the ticker name from file name so there is no need to add it.
Create one format file with wizard for the first time. Skip the unwanted fields. Next time onwards, import as many files a you want. However, saving files from Trade Tiger has to be done manually. They have not published any API for TT so that we can call it from Excel as we call AmiBroker.

sr114

Sharekhan Trade Tiger to EXCEL - Amibroker

The Procedure is as follows ->

1> Login to you TradeTiger and open the desired market watch
2> Right click in the market watch and select Snap to Excel.
3> You have to save this Snap to Excel. Now the saved excel will show all the scripts/futures/options and u will see the rates changing.this is your source
4> Save the Snap to Excel file ( in this case the example - we save it as Snap1.xls)

[most important- put the Rt3/RT3G1 or other excel files under Sharekhan\Tradetiger folder and the format files under Amibroker\format folders. please follow the procedure as described by Josh1 for rectification of the Rt3/Rt3G1 excel options]

Now do as below-
4> We need TICKER (Scrip Name), LAST TRADED TIME, LAST TRADED PRICE, LAST TRADED QUANTITY. and OPEN INTEREST.

5> Use office 2007 or above. Open Excel by clicking Start-Programs-Microsoft Office-Excel2007

6> A blank workbook opens with name book1. Ignore it and Open RT3.xlsm or RTG3.xlsm from within Excel. Change the database path to Your\AMIBROKER Database\folder\Path

7>Select the Range below Column Headings up to Symbol and press delete to clear all the contents.

8> We want Trading Symbol, Last Trade Time, Last Traded Price, Last Traded Qty, Open interest in columns A, B, C, D, E respectively. Therefore,
In Cell A8 type =[Snap1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!B9
In Cell B8 type =TEXT(NOW(),"HH:mm:ss")
In Cell C8 type =[Snap1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!E9
In Cell D8 type =[Snap1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!D9
In Cell E8 type =[Snap1.xls]Streaming_Stock_Watch!V9

(actual cell content of Snap1.xls will vary as how u save it - but most of the case its same. and if u dont put Open Interest in ur market watch, then cell E7 in Rt3.xlm will be skipped) do as the rt3.xlm file ask u to do, do not interfere with its working.

un the excel sheet RTG3/RTG31, in the database path of Amibroker , use the foollowing
Amibroker Databae Path = C:\Program Files (X86)\Amibroker\RTDATA.

if ur program files does not contains the (x86) part u can safely omit that part .
in that case it will be
Amibroker Databae Path = C:\Program Files \Amibroker\RTDATA.

here "RTDATA" is for example, u can use any other meaningful name

9> Copy the entire row in four rows below. Check the format of the columns once. Column B should have Time format and columns C, D, E should have number format.

10>If you see the rates changing, you are done.

11> when all done, 1st open the Snap1.xls (every time open new snap to excel file or otherwise it will not work) and then open RT3.xlm in the Sharekhan\Tradetiger folder. RT3.xlm will be linked with Snap1.xls and RT3.xlm will be active, that is it will show the live rate taken from Sharekhan Trade Tiger.)

please do it urself before asking for help as this will help u to rectify any problem u may face when something goes wrong. if u feel that the installation is corupt, then delete all the respective files and reinstall and follow the procedure. this will help u to get streaming quotes from ShareKhan TradeTiger to Amibroker via Rt3 excel files

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.