Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Here comes JahDave

Your actions will speak loud.

Paul,
I am truly humbled that you would give me all of these props. I don't think I deserve them, because you are the best analyst and trader that I know. I will try to live up to the hype that you brought, but I may fall short.............Anyway,,,,,,,,I will try my best.........

Thanks Brother Paul,
JahDave

P.S. I do believe that we are all brothers and sisters on this planet......

hills_5000

Hi Paul,

We spoke abt the GBP/JPY pair the other day . You had mentioned that if it holds the 124.65 area then there's lots of headroom . Today it had gone below that but has since then retraced upward abv the mentioned support. Yes , the candle hasnt closed yet but when one looks at the 4H chart there is a flag pattern in progress plus a blue candle ( current one) which has bounced back from a downward trend line.

So what does one infer from this? On the daily that the price is retesting prior levels b4 breaking down /. then what about the flag pattern on the 4H ? is that to be ignored ?

Re: Here comes JahDave

Dave can always feel free to correct me here, but some of the thing I allude to are microcosms of EW theory, such as 1-2-3 formation, depths of corrections, then return to trends, etc.
As far as the arrows I have drawn, they are used to point out the reversals or continuations within the context of my methodology, and are never meant to allude to EW. Yet, anyone could tie both of them together, just like you can take a set of indicators, someone else take theirs, then yield the same basic result if the methodology is successful.
From a learning process, and this is the key thought, and something I have alluded to often, you can take key points from any methodology, combine them into your learning experience, and make a winning methodology of your own. No one has the right methodology, and no one is wrong. In trading, right and wrong comes down to the individual.
From a personal experience, I have read Linkon's thread on the ichimoku, Kavima's on pitchforks, Columbus's on bollinger bands, and Dave's thread on EW from the other forum we were a part of, and it has all added a new dimension or a new perspective. You see things differently, yet your personal methodology has never changed.
This is why I say to let this thread, Dave's, and others being a conduit in your learning process.

WOOH Sir I will be looking forward to Elliot wave if it can be used as a confluence with ichimoku ! can it be used sir? because in some of your charts like eur/usd I see the arrow line you have drawn are completely in confluence with the E- wave Right sir? If that is right I would be jumping in that threads with 100's of question on a daily basis! haha

Re: Aud/chf

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The TL was broken by default. Notice how is closed yesterday on one side, and because of the slope of the line opened today on the other side.
It still looks like the top of the cloud will be strong support. The weekly still has not made its case that the UP is over. You could go short after the pullback to the TL and use a tight stop.
A hedge is not a bad idea give 2 of 3 scenarios. If the cloud holds, then both sides will win. If it goes north from here, after the UP is complete, you take that end out, and you are still in good shape.
If this whole thing lied to use, and it goes through the daily cloud, then you got something ugly on your hands. The eventuality is you got married to your position, and you would take one side out for a huge gain and the other out for, hopefully, not so huge a loss.

I'd suggest gain experience with hedging on your demo first. Hedges are not as easy as they appear.

Thank you sir for your reply but today it has broken the trend line and settled below it waiting for a correction back to it and I will make it a short entry but incase if it goes against me to the top of the cloud getting back on the trend line I would hedge it now that an idea :pPPP

Re: Eur/usd

I just made it up.

Just joking. That is the break of the original DOWN TL, so it to has to be corrected.
We had a discussion yesterday on a complex correction, and this is what it amounted to. Therefore, the current move south can be viewed as a complex correction or the DOWN that started at 1.4246. There are many ways to look at it. The term "complex correction" is a term I came up with because of the complexity of the correction, yet, it is also a common term amongst the EW people.
There, I am simply alluding to a cross-section of terms that helps in our views of the markets.

Hi Mr paul looks like I missed a lot of chit chat discussions yesterday, mr paul how come 1.3422 is on the radar? with the the break of the daily trend line currently I am expecting a correction back to 1.3954 which will complete the correction of the daily trend line break then we are headed south but whats with the 1.3422 area?

Re: Aud/chf

The TL was broken by default. Notice how is closed yesterday on one side, and because of the slope of the line opened today on the other side.
It still looks like the top of the cloud will be strong support. The weekly still has not made its case that the UP is over. You could go short after the pullback to the TL and use a tight stop.
A hedge is not a bad idea give 2 of 3 scenarios. If the cloud holds, then both sides will win. If it goes north from here, after the UP is complete, you take that end out, and you are still in good shape.
If this whole thing lied to use, and it goes through the daily cloud, then you got something ugly on your hands. The eventuality is you got married to your position, and you would take one side out for a huge gain and the other out for, hopefully, not so huge a loss.

I'd suggest gain experience with hedging on your demo first. Hedges are not as easy as they appear.
Hello sir thank you for your reply! Sir I will try this one on demo when the default correction gets completed I will watch the direction and if it reverses I first sell it and if then if it moves against me I would buy it on the break of the black resistance market on my chart sir :))))) this way if the top cloud is hit I would take out the trade and re-sell it again and it will be raining pips for the 2 trades that I shorted sir :))

For quite awhile I had been talking about this market needed to break the weekly DOWN TL in order to break loose of its lethargy. This 4-hour chart shows the kind of move that is necessary. The party has now begun!
That strong move was needed to be corrected, and that is what this chart is showing. It is possible to see even more sideways action before a move further north ensues. It would now be nice to get the monkey off our backs and see this pair pull back to the TL next week, and then it makes for an excellent trading opportunity that takes the pair to circa 131.38.
Everything I said herein is assumed the weekly TL had been broken, which is most likely the case.
Just another reminder. We don't know it has been broken until the candle closes above it.

Hi Paul,

We spoke abt the GBP/JPY pair the other day . You had mentioned that if it holds the 124.65 area then there's lots of headroom . Today it had gone below that but has since then retraced upward abv the mentioned support. Yes , the candle hasnt closed yet but when one looks at the 4H chart there is a flag pattern in progress plus a blue candle ( current one) which has bounced back from a downward trend line.

So what does one infer from this? On the daily that the price is retesting prior levels b4 breaking down /. then what about the flag pattern on the 4H ? is that to be ignored ?

paul,
could you please publish the monthlies for gold,silver and crude .i was searching for them .
i was searching here and in your blog too but could not locate them
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2