Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I get done with this post, someone is bound to think, "Pips finally did it. He lost his mind."

(cough) Now that the rest of you are sticking around, check this out.
I've said this a lot how that there are cyclical flows in all markets, and they can be discerned with a graph or chart. This chart will give you some inkling as to why I so whole heartedly believe in my TA's, and in all due respect for the FA people, I could care less about them.
I could assemble an ichimoku cloud, but it would take too long to do it. Yes, I've already done it. But, the thing is we've talked about price action because of the current series. With what we have learned so far, you find a swing low or swing high, draw your line, then wait for the subsequent price action as per the directions given.
This is a chart of the Detroit Tigers won-loss percentages of their entire history, dating back to 1901 (I'm a baseball nut.). There are 9 sing highs and lows I've drawn on this chart. Do you see the strong break on the other side of them. In other words, if the swing low is broken, chances are the team is in for a very bad year, and if the swing high is broken, chances are the team is in for a very good year.
The yellow lines are drawn at the levels of .400 and .600. Those are levels that are rarely topped or bottomed. They would be the equivalent of a sigma 2 in measuring a standard deviation. Do you see what is going on here? If the teams had a year greater than a .600 win percentage, chances are the following year they are in for a sharp drop, and below .400, they are in for a sharp increase.
In trading, we look for these same opportunities. This is why I use my SD channel indicator. This is why others use the Bollinger Bands. Others use other means to determine an extreme condition in the market. Contrarian traders look for a market that has drifted the farthest from the mean in order to make for the most optimum trading opportunity.

So, if there are any baseball fans out there, based on our technical analysis, watch for the Philadelphia Phillies to have at least an 8-game drop from where they finished last year. 102 wins in one year is a very extreme condition.

image upload

Re: IFCI

LOL, I wasn't satisfied with your chart, so I had to mark it up--lol.
You're looking through the eyes of what we learned concerning the ichimoku, and I'll address that directly, but for the benefit of others, I want to address what we have learned to this point on Price action. Actually, it will answer how to get in on the action, and I'll even show you a trick I employed on a EUR/JPY position I had last week.

On the way north, notice the swing high horizontal lines that I drew, and then the subsequent price action. That's how you get in on the action.
Notice the slight pullback when you got near the 2nd swing high, plus already perched over the cloud. That could have been a good place to jump out. Yet, at that point, you had no idea (especially with the condition of your RSI) that it would continue to rise like it did. At that point (This is what I did on the EUR/JPY last week.), Set and entry a few points beyond the 2nd swing high, with double the position. Now, it is like having the original still up, and a new one.

Now, let's get back to the ichimoku. There is one thing that is very clear. The altimeter indicates that on the daily you are in ear-popping territory. The weekly is showing we are approaching a fresh cloud at the bottom. As far as the 3rd swing high line is concerned, forget it! It is not getting hit, at least on this leg. So, for the reversal, look to the west on the daily and see where the cloud leveled. That could be strong R. Then next R would be the bottom of the weekly.
For the correction, there is a strong cluster event on the weekly where there TK is meeting at, and it matches nicely with the cloud to the east. As long as it holds, then the top of the daily should also hold, and then you have the makings of another leg north.
Here i want to know how to catch big rally from marked in weekly chart using ichimoku

* Chikou was above candles @ around 24
* It was in OS zone
* Anything else we can look @ ?

Now where it is going ?
To touch bottom of cloud in weekly?
Already in OB zone

free image hosting
It seems somebody was hurt when you said strong R. LOL :D

I am already short @ previous candle :(

* Weekly bottom of cloud touched
* OB zone
* Weekly OB zone

Daily

Weekly

* OB zone
* Weekly OB zone
These are exceptions to the rule. if you have a long triggered at the break of the daily cloud it is the time to close the trade. if the rsi/stcoh is overbought it can stay like that for a long period of time . With that highly overbought momentum on dominant time frames and still moving North you just cannot possible say at whats gonna happen next. It was a good probability that we would have see correction/retracement on the kumo cloud where the 2nd line was marked by paul sir but that didn't happen but again a short on those areas are just to put some extra points in the big you don't wanna trade against the trend look at its all in bulls ! The chart already showed you that it was gonna hit the weekly cloud as it shifted far away from the mean on the weekly remember the metaphor or paul's sir clasroom boy;s and girl - lol but no one could have expected this to happen today or so soon you could have just went long on the break of the daily cloud that is a perfect entry for long with a stop loss 3 candle back at the kinjun . as of now that it hit the weekly bottom it is a fresh cloud so its gonna be a hard penetration inside it let the t/k catch up . it looks to enter a sideways move on the hit of the swing high (3rd) and then enter the cloud ")

Ouch! Now we see happens when "strong R" is broken. We are, once again, at strong R, namely the bottom of the weekly cloud.

I decided to go long on this market and I made out pretty good (just joking.).

* OB zone
* Weekly OB zone

Daily

Weekly

Price Action--IX

I sure we can all appreciate some live action for the 9th insertion of this series, so here goes.

Just using price action, our question is, "Where is price headed in the future? Is the next big move going to break the swing high or break the swing low?"

The misty rose color line I drew was the original swing high on the daily. Later, it was broken, and a new swing high created. There was some consolidation made around and under it, and then a wick only spike broke it. That spike would have been the entry, because by virtue of the break of the swing high, it tells us the market is headed higher. Once the new swing high has been created, the previous swing low becomes the containment. That swing low will not b broken until the follow through on the swing high has been made. So, a few pips below the swing low makes an ideal stop, as the market looks higher.

BTW, I showed you exactly how to determine your stops.
The other thing is if you initially get a false break, then let it go. Wait for the corrective process to finish, then find an entry at an even more optimum level.

image hosting gif

Usd/jpy

If the view on the EUR/USD is correct, then this p[air will continue to have its breakout moment. In my Weekly Forecast, I talked about this pair needed to come out of its funk, and that a move to 81.00 would be ideal. By the time this pair hits the bottom of the cloud at 79.31, the reaction will tell us a lot. There should be some stalling, but if the pair makes it in, then it should be headed to the target.

image host

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2