Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

hills_5000

Re: Usd/eur

OK.Paul...Would you please explain the red portion with ref to current scenario on e/y . e/u and g/y.... since am not sure have understood...

thanks ...

Your yellow line on top is simply a measure of the trend's strength or the velocity of the movement. Usually when an upper TL in a long-lived UP is broken, the reversal is around the corner. The EW people will back me up when I say this (I'm not an EW expert.) that when a long trend has a very strong spurt, like what we saw with the EUR/USD, EUR/JPY, GBP/JPY, then it signals the end of that trend is around the corner. Drawing the upper TL is an excellent indicator for that.

Your bottom yellow TL is now the correct one, considering your turquoise one had to be redrawn. Even with the head fake, if you had entered the trade when it touched the TL, then set your stop for the swing high, it still would have been only a 49-pip loss. That is still not bad considering the conditions.
LOL, I've had a few 49-pip losses.

MT4 details...

1..you can open a limit sell or buy order only if the min pip diff is met.

2..You can put SL and TP only once an order is executed...which means you cannot ( unlike Trade Station) put an order , TP and SL together at values you choose ( which you can in Trade Station)

Oh no.. you can define a full order including SL and TP and execution price, all in one go. It took some getting used to.

3.. Once an order is executed , to put the SL / TP ..right clcik on the order and select " modify or delete order" ...then enter your TP / SL and select ok...

4...To close an open position , right click and select " Close Order" then in the window which opens up select " close # 12345678 buy/sell ( it will feed buy or sell depending on whether ur open position is long or short ) 0.01 Euro/USD at 1.3^^^^ ( current value) .
I experimented with the "Close by" option and was able to clear those orders.

5. That's about all to placing orders in MT4.

6.. You could also open a live account with ABCD who offer Trade Station as the trading terminal ( which is better than MT4 ) and use ur demo account for charting ( tho charting is better in TS as in execution)

regards
As a newbie, I will experiment a bit with MT4 and use the demo account. Maybe I'll be able to make it profitable. Then maybe I will look at other demo/free trading platforms. Thanks.

hills_5000

Try putting an order with everything at one go...and see what ll rejections come up :)... and for a reason which does not hold good ( pip difference).... :)

As a newbie, I will experiment a bit with MT4 and use the demo account. Maybe I'll be able to make it profitable. Then maybe I will look at other demo/free trading platforms. Thanks.

Try putting an order with everything at one go...and see what ll rejections come up :)... and for a reason which does not hold good ( pip difference).... :)
I did that. My problem with stoplosses is that they get hit all the time, even if I place it at 20$ away from my purchase price (gold) :(. It's fun though, this demo account and stress free and satisfies the itch for trading/gambling :). Quite different from the actual trading which feels like a lot of work.

hills_5000

Reduce your leverage to 1:50 ...and u will see that ur stoplosses are not gettin hit .. SL is about correct pip placement..and should not be about actual loss.... with a 1:400 leverage ur stoploss will 99% get hit... so with a 1:50 leverage ur SL in USD terms will be 1/8th of 1:400...which gives ur trade that much more time to breathe.... and move around before it moves in ur direction...

Now..u cant chnage the leverage in a demo a/c...so open a new a/c with GCI .. and select 1:50... and if ur judgement on a trade is right...u will see the diff...

Why else do you think brokers offer you such high leverage as default setting :)?

I did that. My problem with stoplosses is that they get hit all the time, even if I place it at 20$ away from my purchase price (gold) :(. It's fun though, this demo account and stress free and satisfies the itch for trading/gambling :). Quite different from the actual trading which feels like a lot of work.

Hills, the market gives the impression like it is at the end, and then all of a sudden, there is a blow out move like what happens to day. I drew the upper TL from the peak high to the next peak high, and you can see how price blew through it. When there is a move like that one, you can just about expect at least a correction looms shortly around the corner. What happened to the Swiss franc about 6 months ago is one of the best examples I can think of.

hosting images

OK.Paul...Would you please explain the red portion with ref to current scenario on e/y . e/u and g/y.... since am not sure have understood...

thanks ...

Pirate, I'm happy. 80.93 got hit.

wow sir significance importance of 2 pip :lol: Sir I bet you have crossed 100% this week? :) I wish if my internet would have been working I would have caught those large moves that is what we look for every week.. the correction didn't happen today Next week I hope markets would should a nap and start off with a good correction to the downside "/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2