Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Rel Capital and Aban are both heading towards a 5% up move.

There are 2 things which are worth noting amidst what is going on in the market.

A) The euphoria which was missing earlier is beginning to come back now. Look at how stocks are just heading up. Everyday there are many stocks which are moving 5-7% with good volumes.
B) Leaders are stalling. Banking stocks and Auto stocks have now started to relatively under perform. On the other hand, High beta counters are now moving ferociously.

Just be alert guys. There is nothing to panic as of now. But keep your eyes open but do not question the markets.

Tc

Hello friends,
I am new to this forum. Though I have been trading in stocks since 1980's, I could build a tool for technical analysis only recently. I would like to validate my tool with the valuable tips that are available on this thread and implement any suggestions made.

Thanks,

Thirumal:thumb:

SwingKing

Sir, I am a beginner and has been a silent follower of your thread. Please let me know why didn't the UPPER CIRCUIT of 20% trigger in the case of Relmedia.
Aditya,

Upper and lower circuits get activated when there is sudden spurt within few hours (as defined by exchanges). For Eg. Stock opening 20% in first 2-3 minutes of trading. Rel Media saw sustained and slow gain and hence this could be the reason why this did not happen. For details you will have to revert back to NSE websites. I usually don't deal with such technicalities as one of the guys in my office takes care of these things.

Tc

SwingKing

Intraday Chart

Initial burst was with volumes (lets call it stage 1). Then the stock went into consolidation phase (stage 2) with very very low volumes. Eventually, the stock broke its range with increase in volumes (stage 3) around 12 Pm. Once, this happened, the stock did not look back. It continued to march on with strong volumes (stage 4).

EOD Chart

Now what do we have here? We have initial burst with volumes (stage 1) in June - July. Then stock goes into consolidation phase (stage 2) in August - September with very very low volumes. Eventually, today the stock broke out of a long range (stage 3) with exceptional volumes. Now, it should continue to march on. That is, stage 4 is pending.

The reason I posted both charts together was because, on smaller time frame we were seeing all stages playing out, but on the larger time frame, stage 4 was pending.

Do you now understand why I said that we would be continuing with Reliance Media? In the end, the reason why I squared of the futures position was because the stock rallied by 36%. Hence, I shifted my positions in Equities by taking 1/3rd position of my original futures position. Now, when the stock consolidates, I will begin to buy more. If it does not, we still have locked in profits worth 66% of our position. Hope you get this point.

Tc