• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
G

gangadharan

Our Current Swing Positions. Thought it would be better if it is posted in this format.

Traded price in some cases will be higher than what was posted during live trades. This is mainly due to the fact that these prices are my actual trade prices. I keep adding positions, hence my average traded price keeps moving up. Let me know if I have missed some script.

Code:
            Script               Comment      Traded Price   Exit Price
            Aban                   Buy           872.1           0
          RELMEDIA                 Buy           215.1         279.65
       Reliance Capital            Buy           827.9           0
       Ambuja Cements              Buy           141.4           0
      BGR Energy Systems           Buy           813.7           0
            Nifty                  Buy          6,214.50        6205
          Tata Chem                Buy            419            0
             PFC                   Buy            262            0
Tc

Sir,

Here you said that you keep adding positions. I feel that you will be ading positions on winning scripts ok. Now can you please tell me do you maintain any rule or any numbers of percentage etc. for adding positions. Or can you give me any advice on this.

With regards

MurAtt

@Raunak ...

Also write cmp in the code box ... gives users better reason to be happy ... and happiness is the cause for successful trading :)

BUT

More importantly ... you are advising caution on one hand i.e 1/2 days back a small reminder AND generally from 1/2 open position in swing you now have 6 open positions ALL in futures !!!!

Not questioning you or your methods ... one always should know where he stands and you of all the people I should not be reminding ... BUT again the followers to this thread .. esp the silent ones :D and others too .. is for them ...

a word of caution ... though me too expecting NF to move forward ... BUT always be prepared .. market never does what the market consensus is ...

Enough of my rantings ...

:)

SwingKing

There are 2 things which are worth noting amidst what is going on in the market.

A) The euphoria which was missing earlier is beginning to come back now. Look at how stocks are just heading up. Everyday there are many stocks which are moving 5-7% with good volumes.
B) Leaders are stalling. Banking stocks and Auto stocks have now started to relatively under perform. On the other hand, High beta counters are now moving ferociously.

Just be alert guys. There is nothing to panic as of now. But keep your eyes open but do not question the markets.

Tc
@Raunak ...

Also write cmp in the code box ... gives users better reason to be happy ... and happiness is the cause for successful trading :)

BUT

More importantly ... you are advising caution on one hand i.e 1/2 days back a small reminder AND generally from 1/2 open position in swing you now have 6 open positions ALL in futures !!!!

Not questioning you or your methods ... one always should know where he stands and you of all the people I should not be reminding ... BUT again the followers to this thread .. esp the silent ones :D and others too .. is for them ...

a word of caution ... though me too expecting NF to move forward ... BUT always be prepared .. market never does what the market consensus is ...

SM Bro,

Good you brought this up.

Caution is the name of the game. However, blindly assuming caution, and not trading because of that is not advisable. What I have written above is that there is a need to keep your eyes open and to avoid taking leverage in the markets. Mass hysteria and euphoria can last for many months altogether. But it does not mean we stop trading because of it.

Markets don't fall off the cliff suddenly. There is a psychological pattern to it. Before a 10-15% drop, there is always a fall of 3-4% in Bull markets. This is the best case scenario. If the markets move 3-4% downwards, all the positions will be closed and hence there will be no catastrophic loss. My way of trading is such that incurring heavy loss is just not possible (stops are so tight).

In Worst Case scenario assuming a 10% gap down on markets, our positions will yield a total loss of 1.5 - 2 lakh (assuming one lot). Current margin requirement for all positions is not much and hence trades are well planned and calculated. I trade according to my account size and am prepared to lose the calculated amount of money. I hope those who are following this thread will be doing the same.

Tc

MurAtt

@Raunak ...

BUT

Not questioning you or your methods
... one always should know where he stands and you of all the people I should not be reminding ... BUT again the followers to this thread .. esp the silent ones :D and others too .. is for them ...

SM Bro,

Good you brought this up.

Caution is the name of the game. However, blindly assuming caution, and not trading because of that is not advisable. What I have written above is that there is a need to keep your eyes open and to avoid taking leverage in the markets. Mass hysteria and euphoria can last for many months altogether. But it does not mean we stop trading because of it.

Markets don't fall off the cliff suddenly. There is a psychological pattern to it. Before a 10-15% drop, there is always a fall of 3-4% in Bull markets. This is the best case scenario. If the markets move 3-4% downwards, all the positions will be closed and hence there will be no catastrophic loss. My way of trading is such that incurring heavy loss is just not possible (stops are so tight).

In Worst Case scenario assuming a 10% gap down on markets, our positions will yield a total loss of 1.5 - 2 lakh (assuming one lot). Current margin requirement for all positions is not much and hence trades are well planned and calculated. I trade according to my account size and am prepared to lose the calculated amount of money. I hope those who are following this thread will be doing the same.

Tc

Wahi to bla maine Raunak bro ... :D

SwingKing

Sir,

Here you said that you keep adding positions. I feel that you will be ading positions on winning scripts ok. Now can you please tell me do you maintain any rule or any numbers of percentage etc. for adding positions. Or can you give me any advice on this.

With regards
Gangadharan,

I will explain this over the weekend as this requires some time to post.

Tc

Apurv7164

Apurv ..

better .. TataChem .. its ready for a blast ... up 4% today

Me too had posted here as "Pattern for the Lazy Souls" in weekly :D as a buy around 400-oddish ...

Should perform much better and faster than Ambuja Cements ...
I love you SMbhai for showing this.... I liked TATACHEM... now will be analyzing it from all the parameters... btw, displacement locked on daily chart... what do u suppose 417 wud be significant resistance or not?

Bests,
Apurv