• February 27th 2011

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hello sir im trading in commodities intraday...im a student of financial marketing n hence i want 2 learn how 2 technically analyse da market as i dun believe in playin on da calls given by others...plz help me out...i tried out a few thngs bt everythng failed....everythng seems vry complicated n im nt able 2 understand da head n tail of it...it wil b very kind of u if u ca help me out....
thank you...:)

regards,
melissa

hello sir im trading in commodities intraday...im a student of financial marketing n hence i want 2 learn how 2 technically analyse da market as i dun believe in playin on da calls given by others...plz help me out...i tried out a few thngs bt everythng failed....everythng seems vry complicated n im nt able 2 understand da head n tail of it...it wil b very kind of u if u ca help me out....
thank you...:)

regards,
melissa
It can be of some use to u although I posted it in other thread

chinese govt.. dumping commodities in the market
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-...ening-concerns-after-inflation-quickened.html

SwingKing

For Swing trade we could be going short on Tata Steel by EOD.

Don't short it now.

Looking for a close below 626 on Tata Steel Nov Futures.

Tc
On the next retracement to 620-622 levels we will short Tata Steel.

If the retracement does not come, we will take whatever price we get at EOD.

Numbers are due for Tata Steel, hence be careful while taking the trade.

Tc

*Spatch

Why do you say that about under capitalized account?? Is it because their risk taking capacity is small, but can't it be overcome by risking a small %age of the capital per trade?
Not really to do with Risk Capacity.

The reason traders should be properly capitalized is that it allows you room to make errors and still survive for another battle.

Imagine, you fighting it out with Traders who have 20Lacs at their disposal and you having 2Lacs (just a example). Assume both of you loose 1Lac in a week. Its 50% drainage for you. For the other trader its 5%. We all know, that you will have ups and downs in trading. Such losses will disturb you mentally and subsequently impair your trading judgement as you will now have less ammo to fight with. You will now start thinking about how to recoup the losses (instead of thinking of trading right). Whereas the other guy will simply focus and wait for his next trade and execute right.

so tentatively I try to get about 1% of return daily, if I see that happening I exit the trade.
For a change, try to see if you can shift your thinking from % returns. Dont ask Market to give you % returns. It Wont. It does what it wants to. Rather, based on your study of financial instrument you can have a exit on a fixed amount ex; Utilize Average True Range (ATR) to determine the average range movement in a day for a instrument. That will help give you some perspective in your exits. So for example: The ATR of Nifty for last 10 days is says 30 points, you can then maybe keep exit of 15 points after you have entered a nifty buy. Again this is not how i trade, but just trying to get your mind rolling in different ways in which you can exit. Or like me, exit, near a known S/R zone.

... I am unable to ride the whole trend.

....In my case I am cutting both the profits and the losses, which is not good.
No one does ride the whole trend. If ever in you life you do master this, contact any of the hedgefund houses. They will give you 10 digit pay check to work for them.

Even I try to employ s/r levels, but the thing is there are so many ways one cay figure out the S/R (SMA, EMA, Price levels etc...) that sometimes I get confused...
Oh, my Favorite topic. First, S/R is what S/R means. Level where the demand-supply ratio had changed previously. Its an absolute value and not a average. So, a S/R level for me is where the price changed the direction. Consider those as area where you feel people are most likely to keep their pending orders. Again, i do utilize S/R for my exits, but i also look for price action to justify my exits. So for example, once price reaches near my S/R zone and if i see price action stalling or showing weakness, i bail out. The reason i wait for price action is that , many a times, the strong hands will cross the S/R zones to induce the naive traders only to come back within the zone. This simply gives me a bit more money in my pocket.

One question I'd like to ask people who have succeeded is that what are your strategies to find the stocks to invest in.
Good point. Im a day trader and typically trade in fixed instrument , like some 8 stocks and Nifty. This are liquid stocks. I have decided to concentrate on only some liquid stocks and Nifty as this allows me to understand the behavior of this stocks , which helps me in the price action strategy that i utilize.

As for "Investing", i really dont know how do they filter the candidates. Some do NEWS based , some utilize Volume gainers while some utilize 52 weeks H/L candidates. BUT, im not sure. Maybe some can answer.

Hope i made some sense in my post.

SwingKing

On the next retracement to 620-622 levels we will short Tata Steel.

If the retracement does not come, we will take whatever price we get at EOD.

Numbers are due for Tata Steel, hence be careful while taking the trade.

Tc
Trade has been taken at 615.3

Results are due. Trade only if you don't mind losing some money in these volatile conditions.

Tc

G

gangadharan

Gangadharan,

We need to see how trade spans out.

I don't know what actually will happen. So its better to sit back and witness some action.

Tc

Raunak Sir,

It seems a Head & shoulder pattern is yet to be confirmed in DLF. I have placed a SL Buy order at 339 and SL sell order at 333. rest of all is with the market to decide.

With regards,
Gangadharan:)

alroyraj

Markets are still hunting for a base seems at this point 6095 .Most of the stocks seem to have stabilized.
If we approach a 3% decline,then as per your analysis Raunak of historical behaviour, would a downtrend be officially on?
Hard not to miss it.
It was due mid November as per SG as usual the smart money advanced the date,much like the markets rallied at Diwali. Since FIIs bought bought options this time it was kinda obvious something was cooking.
Sugar got caned...
A risk management framework is made for days like this.

SwingKing

Markets are still hunting for a base seems at this point 6095 .Most of the stocks seem to have stabilized.
If we approach a 3% decline,then as per your analysis Raunak of historical behaviour, would a downtrend be officially on?
Hard not to miss it.
It was due mid November as per SG as usual the smart money advanced the date,much like the markets rallied at Diwali. Since FIIs bought bought options this time it was kinda obvious something was cooking.
Sugar got caned...
A risk management framework is made for days like this.
Alroyraj,

I am an eternal Bull based on current data. I only said about 5-10% consolidation. I would certainly not call the shots on a Down trend. As of now there is no way that could happen. These declines were very well expected. About 10 days ago I started swing trades precisely due to this reason. All the gains that are being wiped out of the equity portfolio are being made up by the short swing trades. So net - net because of the nature of futures, the gains are still higher than what they were 10 days back. Call it hedging or anything, but a high volatile environment should be traded this way.

Hence, as of now, there is nothing that has been caned. Its too premature to say that. Also, in my opinion a Risk management framework in this scenario will keep many conservative traders out of the market. This in my opinion, is not the correct way to go about it.

If you find a trader, who misses the up move and then misses the current down move despite of knowing that this was expected, then this clearly reflects lack of clarity of thought. I am sure this has happened to many traders here.

Tc

Last edited: