• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jagankris

Sirs,

Even though we may see a little up move after touching 5740 levels, I believe that we are in a bear market till we touch at least 5550 -5560 level which may be seen before the year end.... and there after the market may further weaken till 5380 level and then will be range bound in between 5380 and 5550.. where new buying may happen.

So this market is a short on every high market......

Take care..

Gangadharan:)
I have exactly the opposite view.
5800 - 7200 in the next 6 months TF.
Then reversal to 4800 and then again :thumb:

Every dip is a buy for me :)

jagankris

Hi Jk,

On friday till 2~2.15 every thing appeared normal.
Even in the HUNDI (Donor Box) of Lord Tirumala ,the contributions made
by ordinary people is Large ,whereas ,the contributions made by BIG people
is small.
Same Analogy goes here also, the Worst sufferers are RETAIL investors.
Retail investors have generous heart and hence they are always the great donars :lol:
But how to identify that the big guys are participating or not on a particular day real time using TA ? :confused:
This is important for positional trading.

SwingKing

Raunak Sir,

Sir, dont you think in the hourly chart of nifty spot, rsi is improving though price is falling which is a good sign for nifty?

waiting for your advice.
Rrrajguru,

Eventually at some time Nifty will bounce. That however cannot be attributed to divergence. Divergence occurs more due to the construction of indicator rather than any market phenomenon. In other words, you can say that this is typically a fault in indicator construction. Divergence mostly works in hindsight. Difficult to trade it in real time.

Tc

SwingKing

Dear Raunak Bhai,Dan,Columbus ji and experts,

IMO - The objective of the technical analysis is to track the demand/supply and the direction of the smart money.

Taking Friday's market as a case history I request you to all to explain the market internals.

All the technical indicators are showing weakness in the markets.
Nifty heavily sliding in the last 2 hours on heavy volumes.
But to my surprise FII's and DII's are net buyers.

So who are the sellers ? :D

No fresh addition of shorts in the FII's Index hinting that the near term bottom is nearing.
But most of the people following TA would have created shorts on a closing basis.

I guess there will be a gap up opening on monday.

My questions

The objective of SM is to distort the demand and supply and buy or sell.
So for Intraday trading purpose the technical indicators are perfect in predicting the demand and supply but what about SM activity ?
But how to find that the SMART money is actually buying on that day during a falling day during market hours.
There should be a way to gauge the market internals and SM activity real time in TA.
Please let us know or it requires high cost special softwares with high tech algo's ?

2.Why closing basis is given so much importance ?
Is it advisable to create long or shorts on a closing basis or wait for the next day opening and create long or short based on the breakout of previous day high or low ?

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK
Jagan,

Technical Analysis by its own nature is very limiting. It is a very powerful tool when used within a structured approach in the markets, but is by no means the only tool to use. In my own opinion, techniques of detecting smart money or dumb money have been vastly advertised and when one studies them in depth, one can realize that it is no different than any other theories floating around. That is, it fails more often than it succeeds. Hence, in my own experience, the only thing that actually works is if one studies the price action directly off the chart. Within this, I don't feel using closing or opening price would make much of difference. It is the price structure on the whole that one should look at. Mastering price analysis is very difficult and requires much more effort and dedication. It's much beyond higher highs, lower lows, pivots etc.

Tc

SwingKing

hello Raunak ji very very thanks for that good technical knowlege,I read your first page i am intrested in only nifty & bank nifty trading Positional enter in intraday.After reading these 29 pages i understand that you have some good system about it,If you can have afl about it i need it,If you can provide it to me i am very greatful to you,
And other trading statige turtle soup plus discribe in the street smart book,you maintion that you have that afl,but i don`t get this afl till 29 pages,Will you please give me the link of that afl,
Onse again thanks for this very good thread.
And thanks in advance for index trading system.
waiting for your reply
Hello Raunak ji I also post a quote today before,Now i read your this mail i know that you don`t have afl about it,So will you teach me this system on index trading or any other software which have this system or how can you help me about this type of reserch,I need it badly,Please pm me at [email protected],waiting for your reply.
thanks again for this very good thread.
Dear Raunak,

A gentle request for the above when you can spare some time on one of your weekends .

Thanks & Regards,
Nithin.
Navin,

This entire thread is about how we analyze trades based on pure price structure for swing trades. Hence, go through this thread to understand that.

Also, as per Nithin's request I am going to make a "Condensed" post which would on the whole cover all aspects of looking at the stock and selecting it for trade. The posts are posted separately in the thread and I intend to bring most of the important posts together. This would take some time as post has to be organized.

Tc

Hello thanks for quick reply as you says your analysis is base on price structure by coincidence in these days i am also learing price structue & change of behavior of trend,I am new in this price structue & i am mostly wrong this,i want to learn in deep,if you have any book about it or any dvd please recomend me or you will teach me about price structure & change of behavior,I listen one book back to basics trend trading with bbtt trading system by brent penfold this is very good book with basics analysis but its costly & at present i can`t afford it,i want to talk to you if you can give me your phone no. or send me messge at my cell at nine nine five three seven five five nine three zero or pm me please i am waiting for your reply.
thanks again navin bhatia
Navin,

This entire thread is about how we analyze trades based on pure price structure for swing trades. Hence, go through this thread to understand that.

Also, as per Nithin's request I am going to make a "Condensed" post which would on the whole cover all aspects of looking at the stock and selecting it for trade. The posts are posted separately in the thread and I intend to bring most of the important posts together. This would take some time as post has to be organized.

Tc

jagankris

Jagan,

Technical Analysis by its own nature is very limiting.
In my own opinion, techniques of detecting smart money or dumb money have been vastly advertised and when one studies them in depth, one can realize that it is no different than any other theories floating around.
Tc
Raunak Bhai,

Some how I am not able to come out of the view that TA has all the required answers about markets.
Will think about it again.

I don't have much idea about volume foot print charts and order flow analysis.
Reg - Tracking SM - I was expecting answers in those lines.

1.Request to share your views about FP charts and Order flow analysis.
2.Your charts are looking different curious to know your SW's name.

TIA.

Best regards,
JK

Last edited: