• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CASPER

List of Stocks to Pick along with Sector
Based on Fundamentals that I look for and the Price structure of the stocks, I have short listed stocks from F&O segment which are worth looking at. You will need to analyze the stocks according to your own portfolio and will also have to look for suitable entry/exit and the SL.

One more thing which I'd like to say is that stock market is 'Dynamic' in nature. Hence, any stock can change its structure. Follow strict SL's and keep tracking your investments on a regular basis.

Tc
Dear Raunak,

Thanks for the List of Stocks,

Since you mentioned they have been shortlisted in F&O segment will it be advisable to Invest in few among them for a short term ( 2-3 months ) , if YES , will it be possible for you to prioritize around 8-10 Stocks among the 38 from the list,

If its time consuming please ignore my request.

Thanks anyway,

Best Wishes,
Nithin.

Dear Dan

I am very thankful to you for your kind advice on commodities TA .

I met a person many days back who has never lost even a single trade in commodities(as he told me) and that guy is using some software which he does not reveals.He told me that he customises the s/w for different time frames for different commodities like crude oil etc. He also told me that he is paying few dollars for that s/w. Can u please tell me which are the companies in India which provides s/w for technical analysis?

I want to go for chart reading myself , so that I can customise it for different time frames.Also tell me are there any s/w which are freely available ?

I donot know much about how these S/w work to predict the prices in next 5 , 10 ,15 ....minutes. Can you please put some light on this??

Thanks

Pawan Saini
Jammu

SwingKing

Dear Raunak,

Thanks for the List of Stocks,

Since you mentioned they have been shortlisted in F&O segment will it be advisable to Invest in few among them for a short term ( 2-3 months ) , if YES , will it be possible for you to prioritize around 8-10 Stocks among the 38 from the list,

If its time consuming please ignore my request.

Thanks anyway,

Best Wishes,
Nithin.
Nithin,

Short listing stocks is not difficult. But, tracking them becomes difficult. If I recommend something, I will have to track it. This becomes a bit difficult. Hence, based on your method, choose a few. Tell me about them and I will say whether they are worth or not.

Hope you will understand.

Tc

Hi Ruanak Bhai your list of stocks is very very good but I also believe its a contrarian bet on sugar and realty. I think we will see massive gains in real estate stock prices in next year. The profit margins of these companies have started to move up again and companies such as HDIL, Orbit Corp, DLF I believe are very sound. DLF especially has launched 7 New Projects in last 2 months and the rates are very very good the cash flow is generated today although the projects would be finished 2-3 years from now hence the cash flow will be realised in the balance sheet today. I agree with you technically and looking at the price structure it is in pathetic shape. But if we hear the financial news channel and every tom dick harry who buys stock is asking to stay away from this sector.
I would also go as far as to say if Indian economy does well in the long run these would be the stock where you will see maximum appreciation in 2-3 years time as almost every other sector is valued almost perfectly. I believe this sector is undervalued and to get Real estate stocks at P/E of around 12-15 is insanely cheap. This sector in my view has the potential to show outrageous gain if we are in a long term bull market which we will be if we breach 6380. These stocks can zoom 10-15 times from current valuation. I might look like a fool who is advising on buying realty sector when everyone else is ubber bearish on it but I believe the prices are undervalued a book value of 170 for HDIL which means if the company becomes insolvent even today the stock is worth Rs170. A Reliance industry with a limited future growth due to huge amount of cash sitting on balance sheet and not being put to use is valued at 6 times more than the book value.

Now coming back to sugar sector the price of stocks last time sugar was at 29 Cent per pound was around 40-50% higher from current level. In the last quarter the margins of sugar company would have significantly improved because in May when these stocks fell like there is no tomorrow the sugar dropped a whopping 60-65% in the international market thanks mainly to the excessive estimated sugar cane production in India and Brasil. No one counted Pakistan, Pakistan has the best quality of sugar in the world although the production is not very high but still it is a significant sugar producer and in my state in Rajasthan there are huge quantity of sugar being imported from there. However, with floods in Pakistan the sugar production fell and it natually came under control hence the sugar price in the international market rallied back 120% and is back to 28 cent/ lb from 12-14 cent in May-June.

I think this will definitely have a positive impact on the sugar stocks too! Attaching the chart below:

My stocks would be:
Orbit Corp
DLF
Unitech
Bajaj Hind
Triveni
Renuka
GMR Infra
HCC
Emmami Infra
JP Associate
Disclamer: I might be completely wrong and these stocks I mentioned are in bear market territory and its just my view that I am expressing which might be completely flawed.
Punj LLoyds in addition to those mentioned by you. I would be outrageous enough to say that I would invest my major chunk in these stocks.

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hi Ruanak Bhai your list of stocks is very very good but I also believe its a contrarian bet on sugar and realty. I think we will see massive gains in real estate stock prices in next year.
Nimish,

Contrarian bets involve less of fundamentals and more of intuition. Hence if you see the fundamentals improving and the sectors doing well, you must invest in them. Intuition is very important in Investing and Trading and hence bet with it. Keep SL's though.

I am Bullish about Sugar sector especially on few stocks like Renuka. But realty as of now is something I will avoid.

Tc