• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raunak Sir,
I need your advice again..
I tried swing trading, but stocks like SBI,Ibrealest are so volatile that stoploss gets triggered often before targets..
While some stocks like Canara Bank,Bank of Baroda dont move much ..
Am i wrong in choosing stocks for Swings ??
Also, I am struggling in ATR stoploss method ,its not easy to understand..
Can u suggest something for this..(some reading or any advice)
Mostly i use trailing stoploss if stock moves in my desired direction ...
but to predict price targets gets very difficult..plz help me in this also..
thnx in advance..:)

DanPickUp

Raunak Sir,
I tried swing trading, but stocks like SBI,Ibrealest are so volatile that stoploss gets triggered often before targets..
Hi dewashish

Here some answers to your questions from outside. Raunak surely will do his part.

If the stock is very volatile, you must give more room to your stop loss.

ATR indicator can be changed.

An inside look how hedge fund manager work. I say it like this : They can see the stop loss levels of the retail traders. So what to do, to bring them out of the market ? This levels are tested as long until the retail traders become afraid and move out of the market. So what next ? As soon as the retail traders are cached, means the funds have hedged all there positions on this levels, they can go long or on the upside, they can go short. Just to give a simple idea, how such levels are traded from the bigger money.

You may ask the big hedge system creator in this forum. He surely can you explain in exactly details, how this fund manager do that in real .

Take care

DanPickUp

SwingKing

Word on Markets

Everyone at this stage needs to be cautious. Personally, this is the first time in many months that I am looking at the markets with extreme caution. There are certain broad based indicators which are pointing towards this. The way I am trading the market now, I am eagerly watching for the band of 5840-5860. The breach of this band will definitely invite shorts from my end. As of now, I am holding on to my longs. From a traders perspective we also have to be prepared for some whipsaws and false trades. Hence, psychologically close above this band would make me cover my shorts and go long.

Be watchful and trade your plan.

Stand on Markets as of now: Bullish - Neutral

Tc

Last edited:

SwingKing

Raunak Sir,
Dewashish,

I'll answer this after market hours.

Tc

jagankris

Word on Markets

Everyone at this stage needs to be cautious. Personally, this is the first time in many months that I am looking at the markets with extreme caution. There are certain broad based indicators which are pointing towards this. The Be watchful and trade your plan.

Stand on Markets as of now: Bullish - Neutral

Tc
Dear Raunak Bhai,

If Market's lets down we can go to Raunak Bhai,if Raunak bhai himself :( :(
Even yesterday you were strongly bullish and now all of a sudden Bullish ~ Neutral :(.
Please teach us about the broad based indicators which are indicating bearishness.

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK

Last edited:

gauharjk

Hi Raunak,

DLF is @284.
Is it pull back after yesterday's fall.
If so can i short it at this level with target of 270?
If DLF won't go above 283 levels (equities) should I sell it. I am still holding from yesterday...

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

DLF is @284.
Is it pull back after yesterday's fall.
If so can i short it at this level with target of 270?
Rahul,

I am short in DLF since yesterday .. 285 levels.

DLF has recently given a move from 350 - 257 and hence I dont expect some major movement so soon. But as this is my fav stock, I am always long or short in it.

Whether it has to be shorted or not, thats your call as it depends on your account size, exposure and risk.

Tc

SwingKing

Dear Raunak Bhai,

If Market's lets down we can go to Raunak Bhai,if Raunak bhai itself :( :(
Even yesterday you were strongly bullish and now all of a sudden Bullish ~ Neutral :(.
Please teach us about the broad based indicators which are indicating bearishness.

TIA.

Best Regards,
JK
Jagan My dear,

Markets are dynamic. Hence views are always dynamic. I am still Bullish and retaining my longs, but certain indicators like (Leading sector like Bank,Auto doing poorly, defensive sectors like consumption and IT doing better) do make me jittery. This in itself indicates that markets are defensive currently. Hence, I have turned a bit cautious. Not Bearish.

One cannot have a single opinion and stick with it. Adaptability is absolutely critical.

Tc