Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Vicky,

Dont Confuse SMAs With Fast MA & Slow MA, Especially Since It Hasn't Been Tested....& For Being Very Close Might Not Very Visible Has Been Changed To 3 & 5 SMA That Gives Almost Same Results For Intraday.

Anything That Will Smoothen The Price Action Is Not Advised In My Opinion & May Distort The Real Price Action.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Nitu,

If you are looking for a free chart service then forget it. If not, many websites like icharts.com , investbulls.com , bazartrend.com etc provide the charts for a fee of and have BB, SMA's and all sorts of indicators.

The point (g) relates to an understanding that trades are taken when the fast MA(4) crosses over to the slow MA(5). But when they are very close they tend to whipsaw and lead you in a wrong direction. If you are quick enough to notice the closeness, you might get away with just a small loss. This is an understanding which would come after quite sometime.

rkkarnani

Lastly, yesterday I felt that we would be down on Monday, it's just gut feeling. You dont need to calculate or analyse just try to think about what might happen. For me it's like another indicator.

I see you clearly didn't like it or may be you think it would be going up or you have long positions or you think it is not right to let your thoughts/feelings control your trades?
Xaero, I had the same question in mind what Savant asked you. Why do you think mkt shall go down on Monday!!! Frankly when we are discussing some Techical analysis it hardly has place for "gut feeling". However it was really nice of you to have accepted it so candidly here. I was thinking maybe you have some Chart set up that is giving you a signal for mkt to go down on Monday and I am sure many more might have thought like wise.

Hoping that you will start some new thread to share your expirience about Trading based on Technicals!

SavantGarde

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks For Posting The Levels,

It Is Like Having More Than One Watch, Therefore Difficult To Know Which Watch Is Showing The Correct Time....:)

But Then For That Matter Even Non-Working Watch Shows The Correct Time Twice A Day.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

SAR levels in different systems

Code:
Ticker	Date/Time	Close	RSI50	MACD310	4-5 MA SAR Nick SAR LLV 2	
NIFTY	4/29/2009 	3480.00	3458.83	3456.19	3452.45	3471.76	3472.55

kenneth

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks For Posting The Levels,

It Is Like Having More Than One Watch, Therefore Difficult To Know Which Watch Is Showing The Correct Time....:)

But Then For That Matter Even Non-Working Watch Shows The Correct Time Twice A Day.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Thanks Savant for your comments. The scanned results are for the 15 min time frame on the closing price hence the levels will change once the market opens and trading progresses. That was just to give an idea how 4-5 MA levels compared to the other systems. The trendline level is at 3463 and Pivot level is at 3476 By forecasting the levels one can put the S/L or take SAR and then trail. I have not tested which system is better.

Regards
ken

djsan007

hello balram.

I think you are referring to "sold @ 1723 - around 3-20 pm".

The reason is simple.

since it is intra day trade, we have to close our position before 3.30 pm.

hope I am clear.

The trades are like this.

1. buy @ 1728. - one lot
2. sell @ 1721 - two lots. ( carrying 1 short and a loss of 7 points)
3. buy @ 1708- two lots . ( carrying one long and a net profit of 6 points((1721-1708)- 7)
4. sold @ 1723 - one lot. ( no positions and a net profit on 15+6 = 21 points.

prasad.

Suppose
If the trades are like this.

1. buy @ 1728. - one lot
Assume if the price of such share doesnt fall further then?...
Already we had loss of 7 points and further 1 lot we have short ...
What we have to do in this case... We have to square off on loss:)..

SavantGarde

Hi Sandeep,

Those Trades Mentioned By Prasad Are As Per Crossover.

If You Have A System, You Simply Follow The System,
System, If Consistently Gives Bad Results Then Can The System.
If The System Is Good But In Certain Cases Gives More Loss Then Tweak The System Or Can The Scrip.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Suppose
If the trades are like this.

1. buy @ 1728. - one lot
Assume if the price of such share doesnt fall further then?...
Already we had loss of 7 points and further 1 lot we have short ...
What we have to do in this case... We have to square off on loss:)..

djsan007

Hi Sandeep,

Those Trades Mentioned By Prasad Are As Per Crossover.

If You Have A System, You Simply Follow The System,
System, If Consistently Gives Bad Results Then Can The System.
If The System Is Good But In Certain Cases Gives More Loss Then Tweak The System Or Can The Scrip.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Dear Sir,

From past 1 yr i'm into trading.. But never tried any systems.
I usually do Intra-day trading, but most of the time when i try to do intra-day trading sometimes if my trade doesnt get executed on d same day, then it goes to delivery based...Therefore so far i played like this sometimes intra-day n sometimes by holding the stock for short term. All this i use to do by viewing the historical prices of those scrips. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.