Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_ag

Savant Sir

Looks like a celebrity deathmatch between your and Saint's flow method. About, the market going down, even I have a hard time understanding that.

Who will win?

Everyone

Time to get your papers, pencils and be ready for the paper trades.

SavantGarde

Vicky,

No Deathmatch My Friend, Just That Xaero Happen To Mention That Monday Market Will Go Down, Am Not Aware Based On What He Professed, Therefore Just Asked Him The Reason For The Market Going Down On Monday.

If It Is Because Of Election Results, I Am Not Aware Of What Is Happening There.

Just Follow The Crossover, Instead Of Speculating What Will Happen On Monday.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Savant Sir

Looks like a celebrity deathmatch between your and Saint's flow method. About, the market going down, even I have a hard time understanding that.

Who will win?

Everyone

Time to get your papers, pencils and be ready for the paper trades.

vicky_ag

Savant Sir,

The whole deathmatch thing was based on something he said "I just use trendlines and pivots I also use other indicators but I think trendlines and pivots for stop loss is what I finally base my trades on. I would like to see how these systems compare."

Plus he put in a comparison to pokemon........that sounded like a match.

Now doesnt it Xareo?
Vicky,

No Deathmatch My Friend, Just That Xaero Happen To Mention That Monday Market Will Go Down, Am Not Aware Based On What He Professed, Therefore Just Asked Him The Reason For The Market Going Down On Monday.

If It Is Because Of Election Results, I Am Not Aware Of What Is Happening There.

Just Follow The Crossover, Instead Of Speculating What Will Happen On Monday.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

SavantGarde

Hi Priyank,

Hope One Or Some Of Helpful Member Friends Will Jump In To Solve Your Problems Regarding Intraday RT Data.

I Do Not Have The Slightest Clue As To What Anand Rathi & Kotak Provide, Therefore Unable To Help With Those Issues & My Apologies For The Same.

I Am Glad You Have Taken The Pain To Go Through All The Posts.

Let Me Once Again Put A Few Points Here For Quick Reference

a) Always Invest / Trade In Good Quality Scrip

b) If Following EOD Data To Scan & You Have Many Stocks Of The Same Sector Triggering BUY, Take It As A Clue That Smart Money Is Moving Into The Sector & Stock Prices Will Go Up Higher & Faster Than Others....Vice Versa For SELL Triggers

c) Keep Atleast 60% Of Your Capital Aside For BUYHOLD Stocks & With The Balance You May Trade Intraday Or Extending Upto A Few Days.

d) For Intraday If Trading In Stocks Absolute Maximum Number Of Stocks On Watch Should Not Exceed Four & Do Not Midway Through The Day Switch To Something Because You Saw Some Good News On TV Channels Or Your Friend Or Broker Recommended.

e) If Trading NF, Then Always Without Exception, Keep The Following Stocks On Watch Because Of Their Weightage 1) RELIANCE 2) ONGC 3) SBIN 4) NTPC 5) HUL 6) ITC 7) TATAPOWER 8) RELCAP 9) BHARTIARTL 10) LT 11) BHEL 12) HDFC 13) HDFCBANK 14) ICICIBANK

f) HUL & ITC Remember Are Defensive Stocks, Chances Are That On A Down Day They Will Move Up, This Is True For A Up Trending Market

g) If You Noticed The Crossovers Are Moving Very Close To Each Other, Therefore They By Virtue Of Moving Very Close To Each Other Also Provide You With Automatic Reversal Or S/L Where The Loss Is Marginal.

h) Take A Printout Of The Candlestick Patterns Which Has Been Posted In Doc's Thread Watch Them With Crossover, You Will Have Added Confirmation & With Some Practice Will Find New Insight While Watching The Charts.

i) Most Efficient Way Is To Keep Your Mind Clear Of Doubts, I Know It Is Not Easy, But Make Some Kind Of Printout & Paste It Somewhere Very Close To The Monitor So That You Can't Avoid Glancing At It....:)

j) BBs Are Only Secondary Indicator Which Can At Times Give You A Few Bonus Trades, But Keep In Mind That If Price Moves Anywhere Close To It, Better To Close The Trade & Take The Profit Off The Table, Over A Period You Will Get Used To Its Characteristic With Reference To Price Movement.

Will Post Some Important Things For Intraday In A Few Days With Fibo, Which Should Compliment The System Without Making It Too Heavy.

20 & 50 DMA Crossover Is A Different System For Short Term Investment Will Post The Points Of That In Doc's Thread.

Don't Mind But Going To Copy & Paste This Post In Doc's Thread Too.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Dear Savant,
Thanks a lot for the great work you are doing :clapping:. I have read all posts in this thread starting from the first post. I was active trader but lost all my capital last year. Previously I just used to trade based on news and "Hot Tips" by my broker(Kotak and anand rathi) where i lost all my money. But came to this wonderful forum and started taking interest in it. Have read threads(all posts) from you(this one and pivot points), Docvijay(Trading with cross over and BB). I find prasad's way of trading quite interesting and have decided to follow the same on paper for 1 month and if will get good results(with controlling my emotions) will start doing actual trade. But the real problem I am facing is that from where should I get the real time charts for Nifty futures with ma's and bb's. I am using anand rathi software and keat from kotak for my trading. But they don't have any charting options with ma's and bb's. Also downloaded ami broker but they charge for real time data. Yahoo charts and icharts.com don't show chart for nifty futures. totally stucked here and not able to find how to start:confused:.

I hope will get some ray of hope from your side or from Doc, Prasad or djsinha.

smiles:
Priyank

nitu20

Hi Priyank,

Hope One Or Some Of Helpful Member Friends Will Jump In To Solve Your Problems Regarding Intraday RT Data.

I Do Not Have The Slightest Clue As To What Anand Rathi & Kotak Provide, Therefore Unable To Help With Those Issues & My Apologies For The Same.

I Am Glad You Have Taken The Pain To Go Through All The Posts.

Let Me Once Again Put A Few Points Here For Quick Reference

a) Always Invest / Trade In Good Quality Scrip

b) If Following EOD Data To Scan & You Have Many Stocks Of The Same Sector Triggering BUY, Take It As A Clue That Smart Money Is Moving Into The Sector & Stock Prices Will Go Up Higher & Faster Than Others....Vice Versa For SELL Triggers

c) Keep Atleast 60% Of Your Capital Aside For BUYHOLD Stocks & With The Balance You May Trade Intraday Or Extending Upto A Few Days.

d) For Intraday If Trading In Stocks Absolute Maximum Number Of Stocks On Watch Should Not Exceed Four & Do Not Midway Through The Day Switch To Something Because You Saw Some Good News On TV Channels Or Your Friend Or Broker Recommended.

e) If Trading NF, Then Always Without Exception, Keep The Following Stocks On Watch Because Of Their Weightage 1) RELIANCE 2) ONGC 3) SBIN 4) NTPC 5) HUL 6) ITC 7) TATAPOWER 8) RELCAP 9) BHARTIARTL 10) LT 11) BHEL 12) HDFC 13) HDFCBANK 14) ICICIBANK

f) HUL & ITC Remember Are Defensive Stocks, Chances Are That On A Down Day They Will Move Up, This Is True For A Up Trending Market

g) If You Noticed The Crossovers Are Moving Very Close To Each Other, Therefore They By Virtue Of Moving Very Close To Each Other Also Provide You With Automatic Reversal Or S/L Where The Loss Is Marginal.

h) Take A Printout Of The Candlestick Patterns Which Has Been Posted In Doc's Thread Watch Them With Crossover, You Will Have Added Confirmation & With Some Practice Will Find New Insight While Watching The Charts.

i) Most Efficient Way Is To Keep Your Mind Clear Of Doubts, I Know It Is Not Easy, But Make Some Kind Of Printout & Paste It Somewhere Very Close To The Monitor So That You Can't Avoid Glancing At It....:)

j) BBs Are Only Secondary Indicator Which Can At Times Give You A Few Bonus Trades, But Keep In Mind That If Price Moves Anywhere Close To It, Better To Close The Trade & Take The Profit Off The Table, Over A Period You Will Get Used To Its Characteristic With Reference To Price Movement.

Will Post Some Important Things For Intraday In A Few Days With Fibo, Which Should Compliment The System Without Making It Too Heavy.

20 & 50 DMA Crossover Is A Different System For Short Term Investment Will Post The Points Of That In Doc's Thread.

Don't Mind But Going To Copy & Paste This Post In Doc's Thread Too.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Dear Savant,
Thanks for posting my reply in this thread also. I am a bit confused about 2 points as under:

I think these two points are related to each other but still not able to understand how its related to Automatic Reversal Or S/L Where The Loss Is Marginal if both sma's are moving very close to each other. Have already taken printout of the candlestick pattern and will start watching it with crossovers and will try to understand your points related to it.

Also I request to all members to please provide me some website where I can watch real time chart of Nifty futures with sma's and bb's.

smiles:)
Priyank

vicky_ag

Nitu,

If you are looking for a free chart service then forget it. If not, many websites like icharts.com , investbulls.com , bazartrend.com etc provide the charts for a fee of and have BB, SMA's and all sorts of indicators.

The point (g) relates to an understanding that trades are taken when the fast MA(4) crosses over to the slow MA(5). But when they are very close they tend to whipsaw and lead you in a wrong direction. If you are quick enough to notice the closeness, you might get away with just a small loss. This is an understanding which would come after quite sometime.

Dear Savant,
Thanks for posting my reply in this thread also. I am a bit confused about 2 points as under:

I think these two points are related to each other but still not able to understand how its related to Automatic Reversal Or S/L Where The Loss Is Marginal if both sma's are moving very close to each other. Have already taken printout of the candlestick pattern and will start watching it with crossovers and will try to understand your points related to it.

Also I request to all members to please provide me some website where I can watch real time chart of Nifty futures with sma's and bb's.

Priyank

SavantGarde

Hi Priyank,

If You Are Talking About Candlestick Patterns In Relation To The Crossover Yes It Is Absolutely Related To Bullish Engulfing & Bearish Engulfing, Since I Don't Trade Intraday Will Check For Other Patterns Which Conform To The Crossover.

Regading Virtue Of Close Movement Of The SMAs Being Marginal S/L Or Reversal Is As Follows:

a) If You Closed Your Existing Position Because It Gave An Opposite Crossover Translates To Marginal S/L

b) If You Closed Your Existing Position Because It Gave An Opposite Crossover & At The Same Time Took The Opposite Entry, That Is What I Meant By Reversal Of The Position.

c) If Trading Intraday With Stock & Constantly Whipsaws The Crossover Then, Do Not Trade That Stock For Intraday.

Point (c) Is Valid If The ill Behaviour Of The Stock Happens In A Trending Market For More Than 10 Trading Days.

Will Ask Doc & Prasad If They Can Illustrate The Above Points By Posting Charts By Appropriate Annotation On The Charts For Your & Others Benefit

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Dear Savant,

Priyank

Status
Not open for further replies.