Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you very much savantsir for explaining this in very simple way......i cant express my feelings in words what this community gave to me.......thanks a ton to all the senior members for being patient in answering all the queries of newbies like me....................

savantsir, i 100 per. got what u explained...........still one little confusion (not doubt) about yahoo finance charts.....as u said concept of SMA is same whichever chart service provider we choose.......my confusion is, in yahoo intraday EOD charts TF is 5 mins.....so candles r appearing every 5 mins....and options to select SMA or EMA are 5,10,20,50,100 and 200.........so as i select 5 and 20 SMA or EMA it displays 5 min SMA and 20 min SMA.....AND SIR AS PER YOUR EXPLAINATION SMA Will Always Will Be Calculated As An Average Of The Bars / Candlestick Depending On What SMA You Choose, Whether 4, 5, 6... Etc. so sir it should display last 5 & 20 bars/candlestick's average when i select 5 & 20 SMA ri8 ?and if it is like that 20 sma on single day chart should appear after 20 bars ri8 sir...? but sir it is visible from start sir or maybe in realtime after 20 mins i think (as i only check in the evening).......so sir my confusion is not regarding your explaination but regarding yahoo charts.......i 100 per got what u explained sir.......and as u said these rules are same whichever service provider we choose.........waiting for your reply sir.......................thanks in advance.......

rkkarnani

Hi Mayur,

Let Me Try & Clarify This, Let Us Say You Are Using 10 Min TF, Therefore You Will Have A Bar Or Candlestick Appearing At Every 10 Min & Each Candle Or Bar Indicates The Following, Open, High, Low & Close & And Also Indicates If The Price For That Particular Bar Opened High & Closed Lower Or Vice Versa Depending On Colour Of The Candlestick.

Now Coming To SMA Will Always Will Be Calculated As An Average Of The Bars / Candlestick Depending On What SMA You Choose, Whether 4, 5, 6... Etc.

So Number Of Bars/Candlestick Is Depending On What TF & SMA Is Always Average Of The Previous Bars/Candlestick.

These Rules Can't Change Whichever Service Provider's Chart You Choose To See.

If You Still Have Any Doubt Let Us Know.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Wud like to add : The SMA is by default calculated on the "CLOSE" value / level of the Bars / Candlesticks in question.
We are considering the Close here in the set up being discussed.
The SMA may be calculated on any of the values i.e OHLC if required.

vicky_ag

Mayur,
Not sure wat you are asking.

Let me tell you one thing.

There are intraday charts, which mean they show values throughout the day ie from 10 am to 3.30 pm. In there, I can select to show me the data in form of 5 min candles, 10 min candles...so on..look at my previous post for image, in there one candle /line/bar represents 5 min on one chart and 15 mins on another...look for time values on the top left corner.

Then we have EOD charts which mean End of Day charts where 1 bar/candle would represent 1 whole day. The values are representations of the happenings of the whole day.

Coming to yahoo services, they are delayed by 15 mins. If you look at the intraday charts in the evening ie 3.30 pm they just represent what happened during the day at your selected time interval(they are still intraday charts and not intraday eod charts).

Also, one thing to remember certain charts have a memory whereas certain dont. This means, certain charts take the value of last 20 bars even if they dont show up on the chart. This is the case with yahoo, at 10:00 am , it takes values of last 20 bars from previous days for calculations.
thank you very much savantsir for explaining this in very simple way......i cant express my feelings in words what this community gave to me.......thanks a ton to all the senior members for being patient in answering all the queries of newbies like me....................

savantsir, i 100 per. got what u explained...........still one little confusion (not doubt) about yahoo finance charts.....as u said concept of SMA is same whichever chart service provider we choose.......my confusion is, in yahoo intraday EOD charts TF is 5 mins.....so candles r appearing every 5 mins....and options to select SMA or EMA are 5,10,20,50,100 and 200.........so as i select 5 and 20 SMA or EMA it displays 5 min SMA and 20 min SMA.....AND SIR AS PER YOUR EXPLAINATION SMA Will Always Will Be Calculated As An Average Of The Bars / Candlestick Depending On What SMA You Choose, Whether 4, 5, 6... Etc. so sir it should display last 5 & 20 bars/candlestick's average when i select 5 & 20 SMA ri8 ?and if it is like that 20 sma on single day chart should appear after 20 bars ri8 sir...? but sir it is visible from start sir or maybe in realtime after 20 mins i think (as i only check in the evening).......so sir my confusion is not regarding your explaination but regarding yahoo charts.......i 100 per got what u explained sir.......and as u said these rules are same whichever service provider we choose.........waiting for your reply sir.......................thanks in advance.......

SavantGarde

Hi Mayur,

What Vicky Has Said Is Correct,

Yahoo In My Opiinion Is Very Unreliable, For Instance If You Open Intraday On Sunday It Will Show You Intraday Data Of Friday.

EMA - Stands For Exponential Moving Average, Will Not Go Into Detail Of How It Is Different, But Suffice To Say There Is A Slight Difference.

It Is Better In My Opinion To Find Another Charting Service Where You See The Data Properly.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

vicky_ag

Savant Sir
What a timing, was about to discuss the same on the IB thread. I have been reading to trade based just on candles. This is just awesome as indicators tend to lag and lie sometimes.
Guys,

Those Following The Crossover With BB, Need To Remember A Few Important Candlestick Patterns For Additional Confirmation With Crossovers.

Patterns Are Further Separated Into Two Categoires BULLISH & BEARISH

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

docvijay4u

Hi,

I'm Also Doing Paper Trade. Posting Today's Results:

Trade I. Long @ 3471 Exit Long @ 3456
Loss In 1'st Trade 15 Points.

Trade II. Short @ 3456 Covered Short @ 3468
Loss In 2'nd Trade 12 Points.

Total Loss In Today's Trade 27 Points.

Those 2 Red WRB On 12.30-12.45 And 12.45-1.00 Really Killed Profit In Both The Trades.

Looking Forward To See Reply From SavantJi, Prasad And Senior Members.

Thanks.:)

Doc, prasad,
Where is everyone? I was looking forward to paper trade along with you all for the intraday.

vicky_ag

Doc,
Thanks for the results. As, I cant follow live trades cause of lack of charting at my end, I was hoping to look at you people's trades.
Hi,

I'm Also Doing Paper Trade. Posting Today's Results:

Trade I. Long @ 3471 Exit Long @ 3456
Loss In 1'st Trade 15 Points.

Trade II. Short @ 3456 Covered Short @ 3468
Loss In 2'nd Trade 12 Points.

Total Loss In Today's Trade 27 Points.

Those 2 Red WRB On 12.30-12.45 And 12.45-1.00 Really Killed Profit In Both The Trades.

Looking Forward To See Reply From SavantJi, Prasad And Senior Members.

Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.