Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitu20

Hi Priyank,

If You Are Talking About Candlestick Patterns In Relation To The Crossover Yes It Is Absolutely Related To Bullish Engulfing & Bearish Engulfing, Since I Don't Trade Intraday Will Check For Other Patterns Which Conform To The Crossover.

Regading Virtue Of Close Movement Of The SMAs Being Marginal S/L Or Reversal Is As Follows:

a) If You Closed Your Existing Position Because It Gave An Opposite Crossover Translates To Marginal S/L

b) If You Closed Your Existing Position Because It Gave An Opposite Crossover & At The Same Time Took The Opposite Entry, That Is What I Meant By Reversal Of The Position.

c) If Trading Intraday With Stock & Constantly Whipsaws The Crossover Then, Do Not Trade That Stock For Intraday.

Point (c) Is Valid If The ill Behaviour Of The Stock Happens In A Trending Market For More Than 10 Trading Days.

Will Ask Doc & Prasad If They Can Illustrate The Above Points By Posting Charts By Appropriate Annotation On The Charts For Your & Others Benefit

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Dear Savant,
Thanks a million.
Smiles:
Priyank

Xaero

Ok, I think some clarification is due. This thread is beginning to sound like the game "passing the secret".

Ok.. First
Interesting to see something as simple as moving average crossovers being used for trading. Seems a lot like saints 60 min flow.
I was referring to the SMA trading method being a lot like Saints 60 min flow.

This not something that is was supposed to mean :)

Savant Sir
Looks like a celebrity deathmatch between your and Saint's flow method.
Secondly,..
BTW I like Slow Stochs. Don't know why I just feel like I can read it well. It like pokemon where each one has his own strengths and weaknesses.
I meant that I don't trade using trendlines alone... just letting you guys know that I keep looking at Stochs. I said pokemon because like some people use BB and crossovers out of the hundreds of available indicators, I use Stochs. There's MACD as well but I still haven't been able to tweak it to my liking. The idea is to use one leading and one lagging indicator along with the price action.

Third,
Edit: Would someone with BB and crossover also join it. It would be a great experience to compare and learn.
That definitely doesn't sound like I wanted to compete. I am not here to prove anything because I am not a big trader earning in lakhs, I am still learning...

Lastly, yesterday I felt that we would be down on Monday, it's just gut feeling. You dont need to calculate or analyse just try to think about what might happen. For me it's like another indicator.

I see you clearly didn't like it or may be you think it would be going up or you have long positions or you think it is not right to let your thoughts/feelings control your trades?

vicky_ag

Xareo

The statement about this being a competition was a joke. Please, take it in the right spirit.

It has nothing to do with proving any one right or wrong.

SavantGarde

Let Me Put Things In Perspective So That This Matter Is Not Debated Anymore.

a) Vicky Mentioned DeathMatch & I Never Mentioned Anything To Him In Reference To DeathMatch Or Miniflow.

b) You Mentioned Minflow, What Part Of What Is Being Discussed Looks Like Miniflow, I Have Not Read Anything Yet Of Flow Method But Whatever I Have Seen Being Discussed Is Based On Pivots There Is No Mention Of MAs

c) Candlestick Pattern Being Discussed Is Something That I Use For Forex & Have Introduced It About A Week Back, That Too Only Two Candlestick Pattern That I Thought Would Be Of Use.

d) Once I Have Gone Through Sain't Flow Method & Find Any Part Or Whole Of Anything To Add To This, I Wouldn't Even Hesitate To Add, Anything That Will Make Things Simple, Keeping RRR In Mind.

e) You Ask For F&O Data People Have Jumped In To Help Out, In Return, Leave Alone A Thanks, You Give A Lecture On Integrity Of The Data.

f) I Asked Your Reasons For The Market Going Down On Monday, If You Say It Was Just Gut Feeling, I Am Sorry, Gut Feeling Doesn't Cut Any Ice With Me.
If We Follow A System, Then We Will Let The System Direct Us With Our Trade Not Our Guts

Please Understand My Basic Aim Is To Keep Things To Absolute Minimum In Terms Of The System, So That More People Can Make Use Of It....For Me It Is ONLY Price Action....Which Is Most Important.

I Am Not An Intraday Trader But The Same Things That Are Used To Derive Triggers, Happened By A Very Innocent Post By Prasad Asking About Its Viability For Intraday, Not My Brain Wave.

After Having Done A Lot Of Work On My Normal Triggers For NF, BNF & Stocks
I Still Have To Come Across A Better Trigger System & RRR.

Same Applies Now For Intraday.

There Is Nothing High Tech About It....It Is Very Low Tech Almost Rubber Band Technology.

While I Am At It I Might As Well Clear This Too You Posted A Chart Of SESAGOA Based On My Comment To Prove Volumes Double.

Are You Aware That There Was A Bonus Of 1:1 & Split Of !:10

It Is Not A Secret That A Smaller Price Stock Is More Likely To Be Owned By Retail, But It Is Certainly Misleading To Make Sweeping Statements When It Doesn't Hold True In Most Cases Except Maybe For A Little While....But Doesnt Really Double TTV.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Ok, I think some clarification is due. This thread is beginning to sound like the game "passing the secret".

Ok.. First

I was referring to the SMA trading method being a lot like Saints 60 min flow.

This not something that is was supposed to mean :)

Secondly,..

I meant that I don't trade using trendlines alone... just letting you guys know that I keep looking at Stochs. I said pokemon because like some people use BB and crossovers out of the hundreds of available indicators, I use Stochs. There's MACD as well but I still haven't been able to tweak it to my liking. The idea is to use one leading and one lagging indicator along with the price action.

Third,

That definitely doesn't sound like I wanted to compete. I am not here to prove anything because I am not a big trader earning in lakhs, I am still learning...

Lastly, yesterday I felt that we would be down on Monday, it's just gut feeling. You dont need to calculate or analyse just try to think about what might happen. For me it's like another indicator.

I see you clearly didn't like it or may be you think it would be going up or you have long positions or you think it is not right to let your thoughts/feelings control your trades?

SavantGarde

Hi Saurabh,

DMA (Day Moving Averages) Can't Be Plotted On 60 Min. TF Only On Daily Chart.

If You By Any Chance Meant SMA Or Just MA It Is Quite Ok & Agree With You 60 Min TF Is Always Better To Confirm The Trend For Intraday Traders Using Lesser TF.

Happy & Safe Trading

SavantGarde

it is a good strategy to use 4 and 5 SMA with 15 min chart, you can also try 27-36 DMA with 1 hr chart, this provides a definate trend for the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.