Trading With CrossOver And BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavantGarde

Sunny,

a) First LONG Entry Is Correctly Taken & Exit For The Same Should Have Been
Any Of The Previous Bars Which Had Pierced Upper BB Than The One Marked.

b) Second LONG Entry Is Also Perfectly Executed, But Am Not Sure Regarding
Your Marking 'Short' Because That Should Be Marked Exit Of Earlier Long
Entry.

c) Your Last LONG Entry Is Also Correct, Since You Have Not Marked Any Exit
& Your Query Of S/L Means You Are Holding The Long Entry For Monday.
Therefore, Your S/L Would Be Bearish Crossover For This Or Alternatively
LOW Of The Entry Bar, Whichever You Prefer.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde

Hi, I am trying to follow this method of trading i.e. crossover and Bb
I have attached the chart. Please have comment about it. also tell me where the stop loss should come ideally.

MA are 4 &6. BB 9,2

columbus

Hi Scorpio,

It's Better To Track NiftyFuture, Along With It Track The Heavy Weights, Like RELIANCE, SBI, HDFC, HDFCBANK, NTPC, BHEL, BHARTIARTL, HUL, ITC, RELCAP, DLF, L&T, That Make The Nifty Move, Can't Remember All But Will List Them As It Comes To Mind.

Happy & Safer Trading

SavantGarde
Savant,

Somehow I do not like HUL and ITC ,perhaps LOW beta stocks.But in market
crashes these stocks work like shock absorbers.

cnbondre

Hi all,

Dear Prasadam/ Docvijay4u,

Want your help on your posting dated 22/04/2009 on page 1

I am a beginer. Trying to understand the graph. I have an elementry question. Will you pl. explain the sma2(red) is a 4 days sma or 5 days sma in the above graph ? I am confused. Which line to mark red (average of lesser days- here 4 days) ? is a convention and/general coding method ?

I have no back ground of computers hence downloaded user friendly free Aptistock T.A. SW to learn the basics of T.A.
Trying to switch over to Amibroker-powerful & flexible SW. But very complicated for computer illiterate like me at the initial level.

CNB

Last edited:

cnbondre

Hi sunny1,

Thanks a lot for this very usefull topic and your posting for a beginner like me. The explaination by RESPECTED SAVANT SIR JI IS very clear and fulfilling as usual.

Buy the way how did you arranged the graph to show all the parameter MA 4 & 6, BB (9, 2). Will you pl explain step by step how to costomise the Amibroker to get the above graph. I could access Amibroker in the last week only. The request is directly to you, because I dont want seniors to spent their time on this, might be a repeat querry for them, for you the subject is fresh.

SavantGarde

Hi CN Bondre,

a) SMA 4 & 5 Is Normally Used For Index (Nifty, Sensex...Etc.)

b) SMA 5 & 6 Is Used For Stocks

c) There Is No Rule, If A SMA Has To Be A Particular Colour, One May Define The Colours To Ones Preference.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Hi all,

Dear Prasadam/ Docvijay4u,

Want your help on your posting dated 22/04/2009 on page 1

I am a beginer. Trying to understand the graph. I have an elementry question. Will you pl. explain the sma2(red) is a 4 days sma or 5 days sma in the above graph ? I am confused. Which line to mark red (average of lesser days- here 4 days) ? is a convention and/general coding method ?

I have no back ground of computers hence downloaded user friendly free Aptistock T.A. SW to learn the basics of T.A.
Trying to switch over to Amibroker-powerful & flexible SW. But very complicated for computer illiterate like me at the initial level.

CNB

SavantGarde

Hi CNB,

Looking At The Chart Posted By Anant Where He Has Marked 'J' Moves Of ABAN.

This Is What I See On The Charts

a) After The First 'J' Move It Consolidated For A Few Days To Make The Second 'J' Move Which Incidentally Also Pierced The BB On 3rd, 4th & 5th.

b) On The 8th Is A Typical Downside Where It Pierces The BB Above Its Previous Days High To Close Lower Than Previous Bar.

c) While The Crossover Still Maintains Its Bullish Stance, But We Have Bigger Down Candles In This Phase Than Before.

d) From The Tip Of First 'J' To The Begining Of The 2nd 'J' Becomes The Support Areas, Whether It Spends More Time Around This Area To Move Up Again, Can Only Be Known Next Week If It Maintains A Positive Bias.

e) 890 Looks To Be A Major Support Area.

I Would Like To See What Is Anant's Interpretation, Because I Have A Very Simplistic View Of Things & Life In General.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Hi,asnavale,

Thanks for your graph on Aban (06/06/2009).
What shall we expect on monday? looking at yesturday's close of 1008.15 on BSE.

CNB

cnbondre

Hi CN Bondre,

a) SMA 4 & 5 Is Normally Used For Index (Nifty, Sensex...Etc.)

b) SMA 5 & 6 Is Used For Stocks

c) There Is No Rule, If A SMA Has To Be A Particular Colour, One May Define The Colours To Ones Preference.

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
Dear Savant Sir Ji,

I have always been your admirer. Your straight and simple explainations are very touchy.Thanks is a small word for your help. I am at a very elementry level and didn'nt wanted to take your time with my petty questions.

Sir, I am still not clear in the particular chart red line is marked for 4 sma? or for 5 sma.? I can see the crossover but can'nt read it, unless I know which line to follow? the small (4day) sma or the big (5 or 6 days') sma.

In other words I want to learn which is my signal line? the one with smaller days(4,5,6)sma or the bigger days(10,20,100,200)sma. Pl bear with me. I need lot of help from you in the future.

cnbondre

Status
Not open for further replies.