Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

o_O 8 lakhs o_O
Ty for being honest and i always thought u guys allowed buying like say
if i had 45000 R.s u guys alowed only 45000 worth of option buying i.e 100% premium .
ok no worry :)

For Phone support and Commodity you have my respect and 5 star service :)
i am not changing my commodity broker ever :)

o_O 8 lakhs o_O
if i had 45000 R.s u guys alowed only 45000 worth of option buying i.e 100% premium .

And for what it's worth -- we are going to try to get it enabled market order for option buying in a month or so.

Basically, there are around 30,000 contracts in F&O -- but only 25 of them contribute to 80% of the volume on the entire segment. Out of those, 20 of them are NIFTY and the others are BANK NIFTY.

With that in place, it should help the situation.

o_O 8 lakhs o_O

Ohh - and on your question -- yea, that's how option buying works. Margin = price * quantity. The problem happens when you place a market order and we don't know at what price it will execute at. Exchange doesn't show us how deep the prices go after level 5, so if your order happens to cross beyond that, it's anybody's guess at what price it matches at. This is a problem with illiquid scrips.

hi rksv,

first i traded with zerodha, their contract notes are easily understandable..

now i am trading with yours rskv, but your contract notes are difficult to understand, i think i am fresher for rksv contract notes.. so its difficult to understand your contract notes.( i think in two or three weeks it will easily understandable.. i am learing your contract note method :clap: :clap:)

But your contract notes are very briefly explained than anyone.!!! :clapping:

thanks

hi rksv,

first i traded with zerodha, their contract notes are easily understandable..

now i am trading with yours rskv, but your contract notes are difficult to understand, i think i am fresher for rksv contract notes.. so its difficult to understand your contract notes.( i think in two or three weeks it will easily understandable.. i am learing your contract note method :clap: :clap:)

But your contract notes are very briefly explained than anyone.!!! :clapping:

thanks
Check out http://keystone.rksv.in - our upcoming back office tool!

There is a paid NEST plugin called Nest i3 that other brokers have tried launching. The problem is it is extremely buggy on the server side so we haven't gone that route. Algo trading is something we are very keen on and want to make it easy/simple for many.

From our founders experience in the US -- algo trading in retail wasn't very profitable for retail traders in the US. Brokerages launched it as a marketing tool but when they actually analyzed the PnL of client developed algos, it wasn't very promising. But we will look into see how we can maybe change that...
I agree, Algo trading is for those who have access to state of the art technology to support such kind of precision.

I was going through Global data feeds website so thought of trying something for experimental purpose. They are providing semi automated trading facility through Nest Plus API. Trading Bridge seems to be a useful tool for the order placement process. Although I am a price action trader so don't feel like using such things but just for the sake of knowing I thought of trying it. :)

Is this NEST PLUS API for GDFL trading bridge given by you for Nest Trader or it has to be subscribed through Omnesys by the client ?

Is NEST i3 the API which you were mentioning about ?

Thanks.

I started trading with you guys a week back, and I guess will stop trading once this month gets over. Here are 2 reasons:

1. No market order for options, it sucks, I don't know if any of you people are traders. But when market gets volatile, there is no way we can put a limit and keep modifying it. I know you will say put a higher limit order, but in times of anxiety, it can cause unnecessary stress. I have lost opportunities, and money in the last few days, many times more than the savings I would have made.

2. I went through this thread from the start, and here is something I started only after starting to get my contract notes. You guys seem to say that there is no extra other charges, yes for futures you don't, but options you guys are pulling a fast one. 7150 as transaction charges, when NSE charges only 5000/crore?

So are you saying that futures there is no other charges, but for options there is? My guess is most people are trading options rather than futures, so this is a small trick you are playing. Similar thing you do for commodity as well, much higher than exchange charges..

But otherwise, like the way you guys support, the new backoffice is much better than the old one. But unless you do something about the above 2 points, I am out, and surely a lot more active traders like me. I don't care what is your system constraint is, I can't take a hit on that..

RogerTHAT

I started trading with you guys a week back, and I guess will stop trading once this month gets over. Here are 2 reasons:

1. No market order for options, it sucks, I don't know if any of you people are traders. But when market gets volatile, there is no way we can put a limit and keep modifying it. I know you will say put a higher limit order, but in times of anxiety, it can cause unnecessary stress. I have lost opportunities, and money in the last few days, many times more than the savings I would have made.

2. I went through this thread from the start, and here is something I started only after starting to get my contract notes. You guys seem to say that there is no extra other charges, yes for futures you don't, but options you guys are pulling a fast one. 7150 as transaction charges, when NSE charges only 5000/crore?

So are you saying that futures there is no other charges, but for options there is? My guess is most people are trading options rather than futures, so this is a small trick you are playing. Similar thing you do for commodity as well, much higher than exchange charges..

But otherwise, like the way you guys support, the new backoffice is much better than the old one. But unless you do something about the above 2 points, I am out, and surely a lot more active traders like me. I don't care what is your system constraint is, I can't take a hit on that..

RogerTHAT
Hey RogerTHAT,

Thanks for your feedback.

1. Yes it does suck :mad: We're working on getting it enabled for options in the coming month.

2. Both futures and options have clearing charges attached to them. We clear through IL&FS (we are not self clearing) and they charge clearing fees for all derivatives segments. Cash segments -- there are no clearing charges for any broker -- so if someone is charging you more, it's going to them. We should be pretty competitive among the discount brokers for transaction fees.

We have been reducing our transaction charges since inception. Futures came down from Rs. 400+ to Rs. 230 and options came from Rs. 8000 to Rs. 7150. We will continue to try to push them lower.

I agree, Algo trading is for those who have access to state of the art technology to support such kind of precision.

I was going through Global data feeds website so thought of trying something for experimental purpose. They are providing semi automated trading facility through Nest Plus API. Trading Bridge seems to be a useful tool for the order placement process. Although I am a price action trader so don't feel like using such things but just for the sake of knowing I thought of trying it. :)

Is this NEST PLUS API for GDFL trading bridge given by you for Nest Trader or it has to be subscribed through Omnesys by the client ?

Is NEST i3 the API which you were mentioning about ?

Thanks.
Hey rocky,

NEST Plus API has to be subscribed by the client through Omnesys. That will allow you to connect AmiBroker via GDFL

Nest i3 is a separate plugin which is for scripting your own algos. We don't provide this.

@ RKSV ,

In NOW we used to have a dlg box just above the Market watch window where we could add some spot index RT rates , like Nifty Spot , Sensex , India VIX , Bank Nifty etc. In Nest Trader I am unable to get these rates as there is no dlg box. Can I get the India VIX values by some means in my NEST Trader ?

Thanks.