Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

How soon? 1 month, 3 months or 6+ months from today?

I have been reading this coming soon news for more than 6 months now but nothing really happens. No Political consensus on FCRA bill in Govt. is delaying this for what seems eternity now! :mad:
I don't think that they can rush it. There is a lot of politico-economic things attached to the agri-based commodities futures. So, adding options will only add to the volatility of these commodities in the open market.

Maybe they will introduce it in less volatile commodities/metals etc. first.

soft_trader

How soon? 1 month, 3 months or 6+ months from today?

I have been reading this coming soon news for more than 6 months now but nothing really happens. No Political consensus on FCRA bill in Govt. is delaying this for what seems eternity now! :mad:
That is not clear, he told me that FCRA bill is to be sent to the parliament. But our Didi (Mamata Banerjee) who is a master in opposition, and opposes everything is now opposing FCRA Bill.:annoyed:

I have no intension to hijack RKSV's thread, so please continue this talk to my thread.

@ RKSV ,

I want to ask a couple of questions which might help me to understand something which I would like to explain to my acquaintances about your reluctance to introduce a per lot plan . I don't want to sound hollow on my explanation and need some valid argument to further your point as I want them to join with you but their trading style is not permitting them to straightaway adopt the monthly plan commitment.

These questions may sound Hypothetical but answers to them will be very relevant to me to decide to invest my time in discussing with my friends [not very experienced traders] the prospects of joining with you.

Q : What are the costs which you will have to bear to extend a new plan [per lot] apart from the Freedom Plan ? Costs Including everything manpower acquirement , restructuring of software to handle the alternate plan based on per lot basis , hurdles in maintaining accounts and backoffice updates , capability to handle sudden rush of clients due to the introduction of an affordable plan [certainly for small time traders] .

Q : How much will it become a messy affair if a trader switches from Freedom Plan to per lot plan [provided it is introduced by you] and vice-versa on a monthly basis according to his/her ability to trade regularly or irregularly ?

Q : Is your Freedom plan devised in such a way that it can only benefit those traders who are experienced enough to handle high volumes ? If not then what could be the strategy to make most out of your Freedom Plan ?

Q : Do you really want to avoid the task of handling lot of petty work on account of smaller traders coming in with introduction of per lot plan ?

Thanks . I hope that you would find time to answer these questions . Quite important for me.

BEST.

@ RKSV ,

I want to ask a couple of questions which might help me to understand something which I would like to explain to my acquaintances about your reluctance to introduce a per lot plan . I don't want to sound hollow on my explanation and need some valid argument to further your point as I want them to join with you but their trading style is not permitting them to straightaway adopt the monthly plan commitment.

These questions may sound Hypothetical but answers to them will be very relevant to me to decide to invest my time in discussing with my friends [not very experienced traders] the prospects of joining with you.

Q : What are the costs which you will have to bear to extend a new plan [per lot] apart from the Freedom Plan ? Costs Including everything manpower acquirement , restructuring of software to handle the alternate plan based on per lot basis , hurdles in maintaining accounts and backoffice updates , capability to handle sudden rush of clients due to the introduction of an affordable plan [certainly for small time traders] .

Q : How much will it become a messy affair if a trader switches from Freedom Plan to per lot plan [provided it is introduced by you] and vice-versa on a monthly basis according to his/her ability to trade regularly or irregularly ?

Q : Is your Freedom plan devised in such a way that it can only benefit those traders who are experienced enough to handle high volumes ? If not then what could be the strategy to make most out of your Freedom Plan ?

Q : Do you really want to avoid the task of handling lot of petty work on account of smaller traders coming in with introduction of per lot plan ?

Thanks . I hope that you would find time to answer these questions . Quite important for me.

BEST.
Hi rockyrobust,

Hmm.. well we don't have the exact figures of how cost/revenue model as part of the customer service team, I doubt I'll be able to get them.

But you bring up good points, I believe being able to handle a huge influx of clients, handling basic inquiries instead of slightly more advanced queries requires a different set of team skills. We have been built for the more advanced traders who look at intraday trading with high scrutiny and our team is very experienced in that. So offering other plans would require tailoring our team's experience around people who don't trade as often and require basic help.

Regarding high volumes, I'm not sure what constitutes as high volume. We have clients who may not be doing more than 2-3 trades a day but he's still saving a lot compared to other brokers. It's more about your trading strategy and the costs you currently pay than it is about being a high volume trader.

Again, it's not that we want to "avoid" the petty tasks of handling small time traders, it's that we have to be built around handling that clientele before serving them.

Hi rockyrobust,

Hmm.. well we don't have the exact figures of how cost/revenue model as part of the customer service team, I doubt I'll be able to get them.

But you bring up good points, I believe being able to handle a huge influx of clients, handling basic inquiries instead of slightly more advanced queries requires a different set of team skills. We have been built for the more advanced traders who look at intraday trading with high scrutiny and our team is very experienced in that. So offering other plans would require tailoring our team's experience around people who don't trade as often and require basic help.

Regarding high volumes, I'm not sure what constitutes as high volume. We have clients who may not be doing more than 2-3 trades a day but he's still saving a lot compared to other brokers. It's more about your trading strategy and the costs you currently pay than it is about being a high volume trader.

Again, it's not that we want to "avoid" the petty tasks of handling small time traders, it's that we have to be built around handling that clientele before serving them.
Thanks RKSV ,

Your reply has made many things clear to me regarding your team's vision about handling the kind of group of clientele.

On the other side of the coin you will surely accept that the group of clientele you like to be associated with have their expectations as well. Everyone wants more [Yeh Dil Maange More]. :D

Not trying to be repetitive but as being a member of your current clientele group I request you to bring in Currency Trading under your trading instruments offerings . A mature trader does not want to be left behind. Opening several accounts with different brokers to trade in multiple segments pinches not only the trader managing funds, but also the desktop/laptop ;) which feels the heat of handling couple of trading terminals simultaneously.
You would accept that it is not difficult for a seasoned trader to trade in multiple instruments simultaneously. :cool:

Regards.

Thanks RKSV ,

Your reply has made many things clear to me regarding your team's vision about handling the kind of group of clientele.

On the other side of the coin you will surely accept that the group of clientele you like to be associated with have their expectations as well. Everyone wants more [Yeh Dil Maange More]. :D

Not trying to be repetitive but as being a member of your current clientele group I request you to bring in Currency Trading under your trading instruments offerings . A mature trader does not want to be left behind. Opening several accounts with different brokers to trade in multiple segments pinches not only the trader managing funds, but also the desktop/laptop ;) which feels the heat of handling couple of trading terminals simultaneously.
You would accept that it is not difficult for a seasoned trader to trade in multiple instruments simultaneously. :cool:

Regards.
Hi rockyrobust,

Yes, your second point, we understand.. and it is coming that much we can promise. :) Just give us time as we'd rather want to aim then fire rather than fire and then try to aim.