Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

soft_trader

Options has circuit limits?

I thought options don't have any circuits. Coz, I have seen options going up to 900% in a day.

Options has circuit limits?

I thought options don't have any circuits. Coz, I have seen options going up to 900% in a day.
Even I noticed it just today (looking to multiply money in the last 2 days of expiry :D). Yes, it changes intraday.

Really nice discussion took place in the above posts . Very valid points put up by TP and RKSV answered the queries in quite lucid manner.

In the above Pic of the Options Circuit limit , the difference between the LTP and the upper circuit limit is 500% + .

@Timepass

Do you have further info about when options trading in commodity market will be introduced.
Multi Commodity Exchange of India (MCX) today said it hopes that the proposed amendments in Forward Contract Regulation Act (FCRA) for allowing trading of options and indices in commodities will be soon passed by Parliament.

A Parliamentary Standing Committee, reviewing amendments to the FCRA, has already submitted its report, permitting index derivatives (futures and options) and options in individual commodities.

"We hope that Parliament will approve recommendations of the standing committee that allows trading of options and indices in commodities," MCX MD and CEO Lamon Rutten told reporters.

The amendment in the FCRA would allow "us to expand our product range by offering trading in real estate indices and futures and options on rainfall based-products", he added.

Rutten said MCX has tie-ups with firms providing weather and real estate related data.

MCX plans to expand network by providing innovative products and introducing new revenue lines such as data vending, he added.

SOURCE : BUSINESS-STANDARD .

apart from freedom plan u sud be giving a plan for traders who wants to trade just a few trades per month 4 or five trades though u may charge higher brokerage for this like 2 paisa or 3 paisa bcose it will provide trader a choice to choose as per time he is having to trade, keeping options open to switch to freedom plan. bcose many ppl dont have time they can pay 2 pr 3 paisa but if they are on holidays specially they have takn leave to trade intrady they can switch to freedom plan . if i want to trade just one trade i will have to pay 2200 as brokerage. thats not fair to save this if i want to switch to other broker then i will have to open new account and transfer funds from urs to that at the same time i will not have option of freedom paln if i think i want to switch to it for that again i will have to transfer fund to ur account. so u must have a standard brokerage of 2 or 3 paisa. freedom paln shud be like a special scheme

Last edited:
Yeah, last week I had a personal conversation with Mr. Anjani Sinha, CEO & MD of NSEL. He told me that Commodity options is coming soon.
How soon? 1 month, 3 months or 6+ months from today?

I have been reading this coming soon news for more than 6 months now but nothing really happens. No Political consensus on FCRA bill in Govt. is delaying this for what seems eternity now! :mad: