Upstox - RKSV - Trade in Rs 20 Max

VJAY

am not RKSV client....my views for trading terminal....stable and fast terminal (not hang when there is volaitile mrkt),good chart with bars (inclussive all main Tf's)which @ least not miss high/lows of bars(ticks may be miss),minimum 10 days back data,backfill facility on chart when net disconnections happens,popular indicators and averages....these are basic needs for a trader...

onlinegtrash

@ RKSV since the data will be at tick level in your proposed terminal, it is better (and much desired) to design the charting engine with the ability to aggregate data into any custom timeframe from tick level upwards, as punched in. For e.g 5 secs, 15 secs, 3 min, 45 min, 1 hr, 75 min 4 hr, daily, weekly, 15 days, monthly etc etc.

Ah well FWIW, my post on the same issue sure appears to have enlightened RKSV :rolleyes::rolleyes: regarding what a trader may need

http://www.traderji.com/brokers-tra...-online-trading-part-2-a-279.html#post1097367

BTW RKSV, please assist me in getting this straight - You've embarked upon designing and developing a trading platform (presumably for traders :rolleyes:) at (presumably) a fair bit of expense and investment of time. AND, apparently, it looks like as if you don't really have the first sodding clue regarding what traders would necessarily need???!!!

The above quoted remark speaks volumes about your understanding of a trader's needs :rolleyes:. Did it ever (even once) cross your exalted mind to stop and ask traders here, what they would really like to have in an ideal platform, prior to embarking (highhandedly in isolation) upon its design???!!! A platform which would not only assist but also let them concentrate completely on their trading, rather than worry about data delay/ mismatch, primitive charting, absence of facility to trade from charts, absence of facility for changing timeframes on the fly/ opening multi timeframe tabbed charts/ saving studies etc etc!!!

Apparently Not!!! Otherwise you would've much preferred to being dead in a ditch rather than make such an asinine statement as quoted above!!! And you want to entice traders with this offering???!!! La La Land, please welcome another distinguished inhabitant!!!

P.S - Since you, apparently, are insistent upon going about it the hard way by reinventing the wheel, do at least have a look at NetDania's, free to use, mobile app in order to get a fair idea about how a trader friendly app ought to be designed

P.P.S - Standard disclaimer of not being associated with the company in question, in any capacity whatsoever apart from being a satisfied user of their app, applies

Regards,
Brokers are not interested in re-inventing wheel... they just need to slap together a wheel because the other broker guy has done it or if we are not providing a sloppy wheel, traders may flock to 'the other guy' who provides it first. Another force making brokers to move this way is 'providing a full scale integrated platform/solutions' which will keep customers from switching to 'easily replaceable just a service only broker', like apple itunes/app stores.

First a crude arms race to grab the integrated platform niche, may be latter some time we can expect quality terminals I guess.

I believe finance industry is heavily regulated and there is lot of space for competition and improvement. For instance any discount broker simply providing an integration to Ninjatrader has avoided re-inventing the wheel altogether and has provided a world class charting platform too... but it seems no one is upto this task!

Markets don't move because they like it but because it have to.
Losing traders don't give you money not because they enjoy it but they are forced to.

I think brokers are not an exception to the above :D

So bring in more competition and more evolution, then brokers will do what is in traders best interest, not because they are in luuuuurve with traders but they have to.

Last edited:

Dax Devil

Brokers are not interested in re-inventing wheel... they just need to slap together a wheel because the other broker guy has done it or if we are not providing a sloppy wheel, traders may flock to 'the other guy' who provides it first. Another force making brokers to move this way is 'providing a full scale integrated platform/solutions' which will keep customers from switching to 'easily replaceable just a service only broker', like apple itunes/app stores.

First a crude arms race to grab the integrated platform niche, may be latter some time we can expect quality terminals I guess.

I believe finance industry is heavily regulated and there is lot of space for competition and improvement. For instance any discount broker simply providing an integration to Ninjatrader has avoided re-inventing the wheel altogether and has provided a world class charting platform too... but it seems no one is upto this task!

Markets don't move because they like it but because it have to.
Losing traders don't give you money not because they enjoy it but they are forced to.

I think brokers are not an exception to the above :D

So bring in more competition and more evolution, then brokers will do what is in traders best interest, not because they are in luuuuurve with traders but they have to.
The real problem with the brokers and traders alike is the fact that they are cuckooland inhabitants. They want to own top of the range Audi without bothering to see the condition of the road on which it'd get driven. We may eventually have a terminal with all the bells and whistles working correctly but what about the bandwith bottlenecking? What about sudden disconnections on account of no feed from exchange? These are the issues that need to be resolved first. If the road is smooth, a second hand maruti will get you to destination faster than Audi driven on a road full of potholes and speedbreakers.
BTW, this insidious clamour for precise tick data and other non essentials on Zerodha and other threads just goes on to show that some of us are least interested in trading but more in showing off. I trade using online google spot charts. I never bothered about ticks. Hell, if I am taking a trade that is on its way to give me 80-100 points, would I waste time in figuring out how precise my entry should be? Not a bit.

Dax Devil

No you can't escape paying for data feed atleast if you want to trade in Futures (which is what most professionals do). You are simply delaying your learning curve by going cheap, which is way more costlier than working with proper professional tools.
Noway. Tried global feed, didn't work for me. Only spot price across TFs does the trick for me, don't know why. Perhaps I am accustomed to it as I paper traded using it. As long as it is bringing in money, friend, I am not complaining. :)

Blackhole

Please visit Zerodha thread and see what headache PI is turning out to be for traders. The damn thing is in '3rd Beta' for god sakes! Pure nonsense.
In other areas Jugaad is OK but not when people's hard earned money is on stake. Therefore if your company has any moral sense, then Beta testing should be on Demo trading first by a group of volunteer traders for at least 3 months. It is criminal to release beta with unknown bugs that may make traders lose money while you get your feedback for free, also brokerage on top.
Thats absolutely true my friend
Its win -loss preposition.

Its bad!

tnsn2345

Team RKSV,

Just happened to check your back office reports of one of the client, could you have tax related reports like Zerodha? They have it contract wise and even trade wise (which actually is the correct way to calculate the Turnover for Derivatives).

While all derivative traders will pay fees for tax audits, believe me Zerodha clients save on not paying for accounting and book keeping as they currently have to do with you by engaging some accountant or using accounting softwares like Tally. And this can this cost a active high volume trader anywhere upto 15-20k p.a in a city like Mumbai.

Regards,

i am placing order of buy and none is getting executed lol i take it as circuit are still active...
this is joke ..... now will not put order till 3:29 Pm ^^

Last edited: