Status
Not open for further replies.

columbus

Re: What Are Open Interest Share Addition and Substraction

Dear Friends

I am tired of hearing news everyday XYZ stock has added 5 lac shares or subtracted 5 lac shares in open interest .......

I can not understand where these shares are added or subtracted and what is it s impact ..........

I am a 3 out of 10 day trader with limited knowledge and resources but bigger dreams ........

Pls if someone knows this help me out it is the most common thing I kept hearing but I dont know about it .......

Thanku
Ganesh
Say Reliance at 1300/- there is a section section people who think
it will touch 1500/- soon ,on the other hand some believe it will touch
1100/- soon.The first category people will BUY ( either stock futures or
stock options) ,and the other will SELL (short either stock futures or
stock option).The first category will ADD to open interest and other
SUBSTRACT to open interest.

Re: Why Reliance Industry Stock Is Getting Mega Bounces EveryDay

Reliance has broken out the major resistance with huge volume.It is also a symettrical triangle formation which suggests that It has much more up side from here.The reason may be that the long term bears put the stop loss above the major resistance and since it has broken they cover up their shorts and fresh buying also comes when resistance breaks.
The same has happened to Akruti city.
May be you think that stock will go up as suggested by chart but I still feel that just after March Future expiry the share market and Relicance will crash back to Nifty 2600-2700 and Reliance 1280-1350 levels this uptrend in market is not natural but is fuelled by US markets I think after expiery markets will move downside to capitlize those buying at higher levels....

Thanks for your nice response

Ganesh :)

Open interest is the total number of options and/or futures contracts that are not closed or delivered on a particular day. Open interest is NOT the same thing as volume of options and futures trades.

On Jan 1, A buys an option, which leaves an open interest and also creates trading volume of 1
On Jan 2, C and D create trading volume of 5 and there are also 5 more options left open
On Jan 3, A takes an offsetting position and therefore open interest is reduced by 1, and trading volume is 1
On Jan 4, E simply replaces C and therefore open interest does not change, trading volume increases by 5.
Open interest, the total number of open contracts on a security, applies primarily to the futures market. It is often used to confirm trends and trend reversals for futures and options contracts.

What Open Interest Tells Us
A contract has both a buyer and a seller, so the two market players combine to make one contract. The open-interest position that is reported each day represents the increase or decrease in the number of contracts for that day, and it is shown as a positive or negative number. An increase in open interest along with an increase in price is said to confirm an upward trend. Similarly, an increase in open interest along with a decrease in price confirms a downward trend. An increase or decrease in prices while open interest remains flat or declining may indicate a possible trend reversal.

Hi,

Can any one confirm that Is Reliance formed a 'Head and Shoulder pattern..?

Regards,
Nava,
Hi Nava

I feel that the uptrend in share market is short lived and markets and Reliance will go down after March Expiry that is tommorrow.......

So be cautious with unnatural up moves of stock markets and stocks operators want to sell stocks at higer levels I think before they collapse it

I may be wrong also in one percent case ........

Ganesh

Market does not care what you and i feel so dont be too sure.
How did u say our up move is fuelled by US :confused: infact Us broke its december lows and we didnt.:p

Say Reliance at 1300/- there is a section section people who think
it will touch 1500/- soon ,on the other hand some believe it will touch
1100/- soon.The first category people will BUY ( either stock futures or
stock options) ,and the other will SELL (short either stock futures or
stock option).The first category will ADD to open interest and other
SUBSTRACT to open interest.
wow Coloumbus from tommorrow when I hear this again it will not create headache for me but will give me better insense of market and stock trends every day these word "Open interest " , thanks for simple and roubust explanation and saving me from Open interest ghost lol :clap::clapping::cool:

Open interest is the total number of options and/or futures contracts that are not closed or delivered on a particular day. Open interest is NOT the same thing as volume of options and futures trades.

On Jan 1, A buys an option, which leaves an open interest and also creates trading volume of 1
On Jan 2, C and D create trading volume of 5 and there are also 5 more options left open
On Jan 3, A takes an offsetting position and therefore open interest is reduced by 1, and trading volume is 1
On Jan 4, E simply replaces C and therefore open interest does not change, trading volume increases by 5.
Open interest, the total number of open contracts on a security, applies primarily to the futures market. It is often used to confirm trends and trend reversals for futures and options contracts.

What Open Interest Tells Us
A contract has both a buyer and a seller, so the two market players combine to make one contract. The open-interest position that is reported each day represents the increase or decrease in the number of contracts for that day, and it is shown as a positive or negative number. An increase in open interest along with an increase in price is said to confirm an upward trend. Similarly, an increase in open interest along with a decrease in price confirms a downward trend. An increase or decrease in prices while open interest remains flat or declining may indicate a possible trend reversal.

wow Rajath thanks for bringing me out of confusion and pain I keep wondering where these Open interest shares are added or subtracted ,with your replies I am feeling lighter and better now I have one more tool to judege market and stockdirection and that is OPEN interest lol :clap::clapping::cool:
Thanku
Ganesh

Market does not care what you and i feel so dont be too sure.
How did u say our up move is fuelled by US :confused: infact Us broke its december lows and we didnt.:p
Yes see short term upmove and news flow in US market it has been positive so I think that Indian markets are following US news flow and trend for time being

Yes share markets does not move according to our thinking but we always has certain analysis in mind we sit in market with although we tend to follow trend ........

And my analysis says that market operator are in mood to sell shares and contracts at higher prices before starting a downtrend from this Friday

My analysis can be wrong

Ganesh

Status
Not open for further replies.