Your suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traderji

Super Moderator
how about this plugin: Download Thread as PDF
Allows you to download an entire thread in PDF format, viewable in any PDF viewer such as Adobe Acrobat or Foxit Reader.
Code:
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151637
Useful for future reference and for great long threads like those by saint and others.
Will look into this. Thanks for letting us know.

columbus

Sticky: Best way of day trading - 2652 theory of trading is still sticky
even through it was closed long back.

Sunil

Sticky: Best way of day trading - 2652 theory of trading is still sticky
even through it was closed long back.
Threads, which were "closed long time back, but still sticky":

Saint's Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow
Saint's Going with 60min Flow
Czar's Nifty Futures Positional Trading

and above all:
Saint's Teach a man to fish

These are some of the threads which are considered as jewels of the forum, but they needed to be closed due to some reason, as seemed necessary by the thread-initiator.

I consider Dhiraj's 2652 thread as one of the BEST threads of this forum.
I know some other members who would vouch for the same:

uthuman
bandlab2
jhaveri_n
sasi0263
tinchu76
rahul1983
virgoan_29
sachinsamani

Keeping it sticky would be handy for new members joining this forum.

Some members like to create a new thread for any rhyme-n-dime of a reason, and many times, they are made under unsuitable folder. One can see the consequences.
If such "jewel" threads are not made sticky, then a new member joining this forum will get a wrong impression of the forum's quality/content.

columbus

Threads, which were "closed long time back, but still sticky":

Saint's Going with the Intraday Mini-Flow
Saint's Going with 60min Flow
Czar's Nifty Futures Positional Trading

and above all:
Saint's Teach a man to fish

These are some of the threads which are considered as jewels of the forum, but they needed to be closed due to some reason, as seemed necessary by the thread-initiator.

I consider Dhiraj's 2652 thread as one of the BEST threads of this forum.
I know some other members who would vouch for the same:

uthuman
bandlab2
jhaveri_n
sasi0263
tinchu76
rahul1983
virgoan_29
sachinsamani

Keeping it sticky would be handy for new members joining this forum.

Some members like to create a new thread for any rhyme-n-dime of a reason, and many times, they are made under unsuitable folder. One can see the consequences.
If such "jewel" threads are not made sticky, then a new member joining this forum will get a wrong impression of the forum's quality/content.
There is no doubt that the threads mentioned by you are GEMS.But they are
still going on.

Certainly Dhiraj's method and thread is equally GOOD.

Why we cann't have LIBRARY where these CLOSED threads are made
available for easy access.

pkamalesh

Columbus bhai..Agree to ur point that there are many good threads which are closed but stilll sticky...But the problem/difficulty is that there are many other threads like new people asking questions or someone needing something..I think Traderji sir must consider deleting threads which have satisfied the need of the starter(like someone looking for something and he gets a perfect answer, it can be closed)..This way we can keep the sections intact without having to spend a lot of time searching for the threads that we need..But the sticky threads have to be there as they serve thier purpose always ...

Sunil

There is no doubt that the threads mentioned by you are GEMS.But they are
still going on.

Certainly Dhiraj's method and thread is equally GOOD.

Why we cann't have LIBRARY where these CLOSED threads are made
available for easy access.
Check again, Columbus....
All the threads, which I mentioned, are closed/locked and no further posting is allowed;
but yes, some members (not same as the original thread initiator) have opened a new thread and have continued the basic idea of the original closed thread in such new threads....

I liked your idea of maintaining the links (maybe only the links) of such threads under one folder - maybe called as "5 star threads"....
but again, not all good threads are 5 star rated, and in similiar vein, not all 5 star rated threads deserve such rating (remember, onebull/sophia).

I appreciate sudoku's gesture of digging out some old (non-stickly) threads and which had very good content. By making a one-liner post, atleast such threads would come up in the list, and if the reader likes the content of the thread, then he/she can add it to his personal list of subscribed threads.

Sunil

In case of POLL message ,if a new vote is added then the message
is automatically brought to Number.1 position.Similarly why can not be such
method be adopted in case of Thanked Posts.After all the main objective
is to bring GOOD messages to Number.1 position.
Bringing such posts up would break the reading flow of the thread.

If the objective is to read the theory part/posts (obviously would be most thanked) of the thread, I suggest having an option in ADVANCED SEARCH to show result of most thanked posts in descending order of the no. of thanks.
The search result would obviously limited to the posts of that particular thread.

(I am not sure if technically such search is possible)

columbus

Check again, Columbus....
All the threads, which I mentioned, are closed/locked and no further posting is allowed;
but yes, some members (not same as the original thread initiator) have opened a new thread and have continued the basic idea of the original closed thread in such new threads....

I liked your idea of maintaining the links (maybe only the links) of such threads under one folder - maybe called as "5 star threads"....
but again, not all good threads are 5 star rated, and in similiar vein, not all 5 star rated threads deserve such rating (remember, onebull/sophia).

I appreciate sudoku's gesture of digging out some old (non-stickly) threads and which had very good content. By making a one-liner post, atleast such threads would come up in the list, and if the reader likes the content of the thread, then he/she can add it to his personal list of subscribed threads.
This clearly indicates how popular these threads are.There are sticky also.

Dhiraj asked Traderji to close the thread.
Dhiraj's Best Way of Day Trading - Discussion ---V.V. is continuing
his legacy. Just similar way ,make this thread also sticky.

Anyway ,now ,I am least bothered whether it is made sticky or not.
I am here just to suggest, but least bothered to know whether it is
implemented.

NOMINDTR

Traderji,

What about a time stamp on every post?

Status
Not open for further replies.