Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Re: We need automatic execution using Bridges but is that possible?

//Become an authorized person with us and you will be able to automate strategy, and you can change it whenever u want.//

What do you have in mind?
How can we (retail trader) be your "authorized person" ?
What are the requirements to become one ?

pls elaborate.
Check this post from before, forget all the costs and CA and all. Just read the authorized person part of it. we will share details on it when we are ready.

Zerodha

NSE Datafeed will not work on Nov 5th and Nov 7th?NSE is conducting Live Trading Sessions from their Disaster Recovery Site on these dates

4th and 6th Nov exchange holidays

Zerodha : 5th and 7th what is your position?
The data for us comes from trading servers, so there is no issue.

Data vendors get it from separate set of servers, which is presently only in NSE mumbai. So when they run trading from DR, they don't get the feed. But when I think about it, there must be a way around this, don't think esignal have sent any email onit yet.

Zerodha

Guys,

So we just won the award for emerging brokerage of the year 2014 by BSE-D&B, put us on a stage with all the big boys. Traderji has been close to our heart since we went live here, as it has played an important part to spread our word. http://zerodha.com/z-connect/zerodh...ded-emerging-equity-broking-house-2014-bse-db

I visit the forum almost daily, and I will be the first person to acknowledge that we are not perfect, we are not even close to being perfect. But we are striving to get there.
We use our heart more than our head and does get us into trouble a few times, especially on the forum like this where our boys have been announcing things much before time. :). But let me also tell you this, if we used our head too much (think about returns, costs, etc etc) we would not have been able to get to where we are today as a business. I have consciously decided not to raise any external money which is quite easy today, because that would again mean we will have to start using our head more than our heart, and hopefully some of you appreciate that. So if we make mistakes with our english, our announcing things too soon getting excited, or anything similar, do excuse us.

Thanks once again to all of you, and a huge one to Mr TRADERJI :)

Makeinindia :)

Nithin
Quoting Nithin's post again, so it doesn't get lost in all the action.

since you are online and responding, can you enable a "test" version of Pi so that a trader can view / test charts in Pi and trade in Nest ?? The reason being that Pi is a still a beta software and not yet enabled with the full facilities and being a beta version, a trader may not yet trust it fully for his trades.

So, if a member allows himself as a "trading" member of Pi beta, enable trading for him, if a member allows himself as a "looking/testing" member of Pi beta, let him do everything in Pi except trade.

Zerodha

since you are online and responding, can you enable a "test" version of Pi so that a trader can view / test charts in Pi and trade in Nest ?? The reason being that Pi is a still a beta software and not yet enabled with the full facilities and being a beta version, a trader may not yet trust it fully for his trades.

So, if a member allows himself as a "trading" member of Pi beta, enable trading for him, if a member allows himself as a "looking/testing" member of Pi beta, let him do everything in Pi except trade.
Unfortunately not possible.

The data for us comes from trading servers, so there is no issue.

Data vendors get it from separate set of servers, which is presently only in NSE mumbai. So when they run trading from DR, they don't get the feed. But when I think about it, there must be a way around this, don't think esignal have sent any email onit yet.
you don't have to worry about it because brokers are connected to exchanges via TAP(trading access point). Its like a single point of access for external entities(brokers & data vendors). Internally NSE can point it primary or DR servers. you won't know the difference.

unfortunately data vendors don't have TAP access, they have direct access to primary servers only. This is why GFDL will have data feed available on 5th and 7th. So no trading for me at least on those day.

Anyone else any ideas on getting a temporary alternate feed on 5th and 7th?

Looks like another week wasted.

:mad: