Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Thanks...... how do it trade in zerodha platform ? what do I add in market watch ? I dont do intraday trading . I do short term investing.
will there be any liquidity issue ?

If you could tell few symbols to search and add into market watch will be wonderful .
When you are adding on the marketwatch, in the dropdown instead of EQ choose one of the series. They are all for bonds.

For example there a bunch of bonds on N1 series.

Typically if you invest into a bond, you have to be in it for a while atleast.

Contracts notes have been sent, a little delayed yesterday, guess @delaroche someone already called you up and you confirmed to have received.
This is 14 Nov transaction received on 17th!!

Where is the trade details of Bank nifty on 14th?

Why this combined contract note with so many blanks and CLUMSY

Why not sent regular contract note NSE-FNO which is more meaningful ?

Why not sent contract note of 17th Nov transaction still ?

What is happening in Zerodha

Why such slippages have become frequent?

Copy of mailto Zerodha

Last edited:

Zerodha

This is 14 Nov transaction received on 17th!!

Where is the trade details of Bank nifty on 14th?

Why this combined contract note with so many blanks and CLUMSY

Why not sent regular contract note NSE-FNO which is more meaningful ?

Why not sent contract note of 17th Nov transaction still ?

What is happening in Zerodha

Why such slippages have become frequent?

Copy of mailto Zerodha
having this checked, contract notes were sent on time. Common contract note is a SEBI requirement, and the format is what they have asked all brokers to follow.

When you are adding on the marketwatch, in the dropdown instead of EQ choose one of the series. They are all for bonds.

For example there a bunch of bonds on N1 series.

Typically if you invest into a bond, you have to be in it for a while atleast.
Any idea what the lot sizes are on bonds? Also, how do I find government bonds on Marketwatch? Again, any idea what the lot sizes are? Can you give us any guidance on what level of liquidity to expect, on the govt bond market for instance?

Appreciate your comments - you're almost always knowledgeable about stuff that is VERY difficult to find information on. Cheers.

NJ23

Any idea what the lot sizes are on bonds? Also, how do I find government bonds on Marketwatch? Again, any idea what the lot sizes are? Can you give us any guidance on what level of liquidity to expect, on the govt bond market for instance?

Appreciate your comments - you're almost always knowledgeable about stuff that is VERY difficult to find information on. Cheers.
Thank you for raising this. :thumb: It's not an asset class covered by a wide variety of technology providers for retail traders like us, so it gets difficult to trade them with such limited software as Nest, lets hope Pi solves it for us. IRFs are a very successful products elsewhere, I don't know why do these tech guys ignore it.

Zerodha

Thank you for raising this. :thumb: It's not an asset class covered by a wide variety of technology providers for retail traders like us, so it gets difficult to trade them with such limited software as Nest, lets hope Pi solves it for us. IRFs are a very successful products elsewhere, I don't know why do these tech guys ignore it.
Guys for interest rate futures, we had put up an article a while back: http://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/basics-trading-interest-rate-futures

Here are the bunch of active corporate bonds: http://www.moneycontrol.com/fixed-income/bonds/listed-bonds/

Retail debt market (RDM) introduced by NSE for trading in government securities has gone nowhere, Check this link : http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/debt/rdm/historical_rdm_businessgrowth.htm almost 0 volume for a few years now.