Zerodha - Number One Discount Broker in India

Zerodha

Guys this NEST plus issue, unfortunately nothing we can do about it right now. We have sent a bunch of stinkers, fought with the Omnesys guys, but no use.

Plus charts on NOW is very basic, I don't think any of you who have used plus on NEST will like what you see on NOW.

@Jai, the guy who said chart freezed today on Pi, he was not looking at the actual chart. We basically have a chart that opens when you run an alert, this alert can be a strategy in itself. Since there is computation of this result that is happenign in real time, if you are looking at this chart, it could freeze. But if you open a normal chart from the marketwatch, there is no freezing issue on Pi.

@esignal, we should be up on MCX with Pi soon.

We will very soon have a temporary data server solution for pi. If anyone has been on PI, from monday, I don't think there has been any drop in data. So your historical chart for the last two days has no missed points.

Zerodha

Have you marked this?

In PI, in the title bar itself trading time shows. Below is the screen shot.

Our closing time is 3.30 pm. But after 3.30 pm also price changes for another 10 to 15 secs.. This does not happen in other trading terminals.

By the way, have any one of you marked this? Am just curious to know.
Exchanges give out ticks on adjusted settlement prices for those 10 to 15 secs. Most trading/charting platforms don't show it. Esignal does, and they are probably the best out there. So we thought, we probably also should.

Jai Mata Di

@Jai, the guy who said chart freezed today on Pi, he was not looking at the actual chart...
Dear, Zerodha,
Today, many us(including me): TJ friends faced freezing/disconnection issue few times in initial hours during high volatilityTtimes with our trading terminal Zerother Trader itself. ZT was OK later.

Most of us have our own charting tools, so don't bother about Nest Plus charts while trading (just report the problem of missing data etc here occasionally). Also we know Pi is going through beta testing still not final version released, with missing data etc. We understand that, you can take your time with PI.

But problem with freezing/disconnection issue with ZT our Trading Terminal itself (like today when we can't modify/exit orders quickly) really hurt us. :eek:

Hope you understand our problem. Main problem which hurt traders more is not with charting/missing data, but sudden hanging/disconnection, freezing quotes & unable to modifying/exiting orders quickly on ZT (which definitely occurred today).

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.

Guys this NEST plus issue, unfortunately nothing we can do about it right now. We have sent a bunch of stinkers, fought with the Omnesys guys, but no use.
Wonder if you can do much about it till much later on...

Zerodha

Dear, Zerodha,
Today, many us(including me): TJ friends faced freezing/disconnection issue few times in initial hours during high volatilityTtimes with our trading terminal Zerother Trader itself. ZT was OK later.

Most of us have our own charting tools, so don't bother about Nest Plus charts while trading (just report the problem of missing data etc here occasionally). Also we know Pi is going through beta testing still not final version released, with missing data etc. We understand that, you can take your time with PI.

But problem with freezing/disconnection issue with ZT our Trading Terminal itself (like today when we can't modify/exit orders quickly) really hurt us. :eek:

Hope you understand our problem. Main problem which hurt traders more is not with charting/missing data, but sudden hanging/disconnection, freezing quotes & unable to modifying/exiting orders quickly on ZT (which definitely occurred today).

Best Wishes & Happy Trading.

H.C.
The freezing issue was mainly for people using BSNL. But we didn't really have many other than that reporting freezing issues in the morning.

The freezing issue was mainly for people using BSNL. But we didn't really have many other than that reporting freezing issues in the morning.
There are many situations when it freezes. Maybe on opening 2-3 graphs, or with "Refresh Broadcast" or with the "Refresh" option in "Nest Auto Plug-ins".

I have been running a single chart since last many days and still need to close it from the task manager, at least once a day. Then close all the applications, run ccleaner, maybe reboot. Once it freezes, I mentally resign myself to a 30 minutes break. Anything less is a bonus.

Edit : (saw the post after I had submitted my post).

Moving away seems to be the only solution for now.
Pretty cryptic, that. Perhaps clarity would be useful, right ? Things have become very very uptight in last few days.

Jai Mata Di

I am with unlimited high speed very stable BSNL Broad Band Connection since several years. Should I change my Internet connection (and all other BSNL users also?) :)?
What is the solution of that problem? :confused:

Previously there was similar problem with Airtel/Tata connection also.

Happy Trading.

H.C.

LivetoTrade

Zerodha, since the issue is with NestPlus, kindly enable the "intraday charts" like earlier.

If one does not work, we can atleast find solace in another :-|