Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

muinali

why is zerodha not in CDSL aNd NDSL list as registered member issued recently by sebi on Dated 30-09-2012

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

why is zerodha not in CDSL aNd NDSL list as registered member issued recently by sebi on Dated 30-09-2012

both Zerodha and RKSV are clients to IL&FS... which in turn is a registered member of CDSL and NDSL. If you look for IL&FS in the SEBI list, you can find it there... well, this could be the reason i think.

Here is a humble request to anyone who can please help me with the SPAN margin requirements. I am working on a strategy which is relatively low in risk (maximum possible loss) but due to margin requirements might not be very lucrative.

Can anyone using Zerodha please check their SPAN calculator and let me know the margin requirements for the following.

1. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700.

2. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700.

3. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Buy 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 6000 + Buy 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5400 (This is essentially a IRON Butterfly)

4. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Buy 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 27Dec12 Strike 6000 + Buy 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 27Dec12 Strike 5400 (This is essentially a IRON Butterfly with Calendar Wings)

I dont have a Zerodha account and hence the request.
Thanks in Advance for taking this effort.

VK

We are providing you cover order facility today.. Margin requirement drops to almost 9k for nifty intraday future positions..We are not comfortable dropping it lesser than this as we will be compromising on our risk management..

Cheer.s. .
But today when I tried it is shown as 11.5 K needed for Nifty Intraday .
Can u explain further ?
Thanks.

Zerodha

Re: How to manipulate ???

Zerodha,

I have a small problem in new ZT by Omnesys.(Not a really big one).
In OLD NOW ,I had market watch in a such a way that only LTP used
to glow either RED or GREEN according to previous value.I want to
achieve the same result with ZT also.HOW????

You have just 2 parameters to manipulate

1.Display market trend as TEXT colour.
2.Use trend colouring for symbol.
Will check this out with the tech team and get back..

Zerodha

In the help section of Zerodha Trader, I can see that alerts can be set for Indexes and securities.

1. If I set a alert for a stock, will I get an SMS/Email as soon as(atleast within a minute) the price level is reached?
2. At any point of time, what is the maximum number of alerts that can be set?
3. How consistent are the alerts. Can I be sure that every time an alert is triggered, I will get the alert SMS/Email.

Thanks
Email alerts are working, SMS alert should be up from next month..

You can set any number of alerts and as long as the alert condition is met, you will get an alert...

Zerodha

Whats the Demat charges for the transaction (not the amc) . Also ZT Terminal is connected to Nest Plus. Wanted to know whether Nest Plus only connects to Amibroker or It can also be connected to any third party application which connects to Nest Plus using API.
DP transaction charges are Rs8 +NSDL charges(Rs 5). So Rs 13 per debit transaction..

Zerodha

Here is a humble request to anyone who can please help me with the SPAN margin requirements. I am working on a strategy which is relatively low in risk (maximum possible loss) but due to margin requirements might not be very lucrative.

Can anyone using Zerodha please check their SPAN calculator and let me know the margin requirements for the following.

1. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700.

2. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700.

3. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Buy 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 6000 + Buy 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5400 (This is essentially a IRON Butterfly)

4. Sell 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Sell 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 29Nov12 Strike 5700 + Buy 1 Call of Nifty Expiry 27Dec12 Strike 6000 + Buy 1 Put of Nifty Expiry 27Dec12 Strike 5400 (This is essentially a IRON Butterfly with Calendar Wings)

I dont have a Zerodha account and hence the request.
Thanks in Advance for taking this effort.

VK
1. around 23k

2. Calls + Put: 44k

3. Around 43k

4. 40k

Zerodha,

Just wondering about RM during sudden/flash crash that we have been seeing recently.

What is someone has gone long in nifty future and has about 30K cash and lets assume for the day the margin u provide for intraday is 50%, so that one enters a trade for 1 lot for 12500 margin. Now one is left with 17500 (worth 350 point loss). And suddenly because of various reasons like algo trading, fat fingers etc etc which exchanges can provide, nifty plunges more than 500 points.

What next. Immediate liquidation of the trade at your end, or do you have some logic to wait and confirm what happened ?

Status
Not open for further replies.