Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Required margin by NSE : SPAN + EXPO
Minimum required after which they charge penalty is : SPAN

1. Even for overnight, if you are making profits you don't have to worry about the incremental increase in margins.

In your case, with 1lk as margin you making 5lk in futures as MTM is not a realistic example. If with 1lk you have bought 4lots of nifty in NRML, you will need 2500 points movement in Nifty to make 5lk as MTM. But yes in such an extreme case there could be an exchange penalty, but we won't square any positions off if you are making profits.

Why penalty?
You have 1lk and 4 lots. Exchange penalty starts if you have less than 18k/lot(SPAN). If market went up 2500 points, The SPAN might go up to 27k/lot. You have 1lk where as SPAN required now will 27 x 4 = 1.08lk and you are short Rs8000. So exchange would put a penalty on this short amount, I guess b/w 0.5 to 1%, so you will probably have a penalty of Rs 80, guess you wouldn't mind if MTM is 5lks. :)

2. If you are making a loss, then it is at the discretion of our RMS team, especially if you are utilizing the funds completely. So if 25k is what is required to hold overnight, if you are loosing more than 15 to 20%, our RMS team could square your positions off. Again as I said, at the discretion of our RMS team.

3. You make profits, no one is going to square off your position early. But yes if you are making losses because the market volatility is extremely high, we might be stricter in terms of margin requirement.
thanks Zerodha. That's very useful. Yes if you earn that much in MTM then rest all no probs!!

arcus

Hello Zerodha,
I had completed the 60 day challenge as on Friday and remain profitable during the period.

I haven't been "refunded" the brokerage money yet. Do I have to write a mail or will my brokerage during the period be automatically refunded?

Thanks,
arcus

Zerodha

Hello Zerodha,
I had completed the 60 day challenge as on Friday and remain profitable during the period.

I haven't been "refunded" the brokerage money yet. Do I have to write a mail or will my brokerage during the period be automatically refunded?

Thanks,
arcus
arcus,

Firstly congrats,

it will take 2 weeks for you to get the brokerage refunded.

You need to click on evaluate and then click on the claim button at the bottom.

You can also click on start and go ahead with another challenge.

Best of luck..

Will give you some interesting info by the weekend..
Eagerly waiting and looking forward to this information.

Did not see any "claim" button in backoffice evaluate screen. So sent a mail to [email protected].

Smart_trade

Hi Zerodha,

My 60days challenge completed.

I got evaluate option in my back office.

But after clicking on evaluate link im not finding claim button in next page.

Plz suggest what to do??

Last edited:
Calculator with CTT

Hello Zerodha,
Calculator in your website is not updated with the new CTT column, started a couple of days back. To be honest, I am Disappointed that you didn't do this. Main reason being the High Expectations I personally have on you.

I expected it to start on the first hour of July 1st. Sadly it didn't even now. RKSV & VPS made necessary modifications in their calculators then itself. Personally, I am a bit annoyed to see you are lagging behind RKSV & VPS in this aspect, which I never felt will happen and didn't even want to happen.

Please do the needful at the earliest.

Regards,
Prakash.

Status
Not open for further replies.