Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
can anybody tell what is the policy of getting brokerage back ? i saw somthing like 60days brokerage get or what .. please tell me clearly or give me link of this info..

quote from the above article... wonder if the ethics committees will have something to say about this, using inside information for stock trading...

I set up the business after working out various logistics and being sure that I could get orders from Bharat Bijlee, which became my first client.

I approached various other companies and within a few months received orders from Siemens and Bhel. The turnover for the first year was Rs 5-6 lakh. Soon, I began getting orders from other companies. In the meantime, I continued to dabble in stocks, but at a low scale.

This changed in 1985, when I got a sizeable order from Fedders Lloyd for about 25,000 cable units for one of their plants. A couple of days later, Jainson received a much bigger order from the company—1.5 lakh units. I did a little research and discovered that Fedders Lloyd had planned huge expansion projects. My gut instinct told me that the company was bound to grow, making it a good stock pick.

So, I used the advance money that the company had paid me to buy its shares. I also borrowed some money from friends, relatives and, in a very risky move, moneylenders. I bought 9 lakh shares at Rs 2 a share.

Within two years, the stock price had escalated to Rs 180, and I sold all my shares.
Obviously, I made a huge profit, a part of which I used to expand my business. From 1990 onwards, I began buying the area around my factory. Today, my company is spread over 20,000 sq ft and I've spent Rs 3-4 crore to acquire it.

Zerodha

Hi, Zerodha,
Is the options trading in commodity allowed in USA or UK etc? It would be good if introduced in MCX.
Is the proposed amendments in Forward Contract Regulation Act (FCRA) for allowing trading of options and indices in commodities passed by Parliament?
Yep commodity options are pretty popular around the world, with the CTT coming in about time it picks up in India as well..

Zerodha

@zerodha
what is DP charges ? do you have these kinda charges?

if i want to open acct then which bank acct is requiered.
8 + NSDL charges so Rs 13 no matter what the size,but only on debit transaction.. Ever broker will have DP charges..

Bank account we have tie up with 20 banks for instant transfer, but if you are opening a new one, guess HDFC will be the best option..

Status
Not open for further replies.