Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

futures

"Most guys try to make 30 Lacs on Rs 3 Lacs capital and take larger risks and fail....and I try to make definate Rs 30 L but on 1 -1.5 Cr capital in a year and hence go for only safe trades with much lower % of capital risked on each trade. I therefore have much larger chances of success than a guy trying to make Rs 30 L on Rs 3 L capital".

Smart_trade
ST,

Remarkable statement...large capital gives this mindset and maybe thats why 'undercapitalization' is the biggest hurdle for a trader. It gives a new meaning to 'want to make it big and now' and most of the times, Undercapitalized traders go for big kill..

Typically, we are all humans and want 'Instant gratification' and in the process, blow ourselves out in this profession. Sad but true !!

futures

1 crazy boy has gotten 800% return on a 5lk+ account. he has gotten most of the 6100 to 5600 to 6100. Doesn't look like a fluke and we are trying to profile him. Trader from delhi.
Amazing..if this guy compounds his returns efficiently, i guess he would give Larry Williams (founder of Williams %R indicator and a trader who turned $10,000 to over $1,100,000 (11,376%) in a 12 month competition with real money) a good run for his money

VJAY

ST,

Remarkable statement...large capital gives this mindset and maybe thats why 'undercapitalization' is the biggest hurdle for a trader. It gives a new meaning to 'want to make it big and now' and most of the times, Undercapitalized traders go for big kill..

Typically, we are all humans and want 'Instant gratification' and in the process, blow ourselves out in this profession. Sad but true !!
:thumb::thumb::thumb: True ...............

First off . . . Thanks Zerodha for these inputs :thumb:

Undercapitalization is not a hurdle. Lack of a system having a positive edge, and lack of discipline to trade such a system is the hurdle.

If you know your max dd, over 100 trades, you can trade with margin plus 2 times max dd. Thats not much nowadays in current margin scenario
Agree . . . so should we conclude if someone has a good system that he/she can trade . . .
then money will find him/her and they will not remain under capitalized for long . . .

So is having 5 L plus in the trading account 'cause' or 'effect' of being a good trader with trade-able system/method/skill etc. etc.

:) Happy

Jai Mata Di

so out of 2000 , only 100 are 10% plus in 3 months........that means only 5% traders who made FEW bucks(10% in 3 months is only 17k per month for a 5 lakh account).......:(
I am new to trading. Even I made through top 100, 10% in 1 months is only Rs 4000 per month for my 2 lakh account. :annoyed:
I can make higher returns from fixed deposit considering my internet, electricity, pc maintenance cost.
Numbers were "pretty disappointing", but BIG thanks to ZERODHA for revealing the Truth. No other broker would dare to publish such data.

----------------------------
ZERODHA PLEASE GIVE COMMODITY CHALLENGE DATA SEPARATELY.

Last edited:
@ Zerodha ,

Can you classify the winning traders as per the instruments they used to trade more frequently ?

Classification as per number of contracts mainly in these two separate instruments viz.,Options & Futures and capital used in Delivery based trading .

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.