Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

megapixel

zerodha,

Can you please tell what does BV and JV type signifies in backoffice ?

also..when you are going to revamp back office software ?

its painful to use only in IE....please allow it to open in other browser and also in mobile platform.

R M

Got nice colourful certificates for both my accounts in Zerodha for a winner in Zerodha 60 days challenge , signed by Mr Nithin Kamath.

Nice feeling .....:) Thanks for the same, Zerodha.

Smart_trade
You may have overlooked that small entry in the ledger, moneyback is also credited. Thanks Zerodha! :)

regards
rm

GTji

Anyone who varies his Position size probably does not have an idea of how an edge works in a market. When u have an 'edge' or can define an 'edge', u take all trades on ur signals regardless. The term " conviction of strat" or w/e is baloney.

By varying position size i do Not mean the actual lots, but more the actual percentage of acct risked.

Say u work on a 1/2 percent risk model, and scalp 10 points on a 10 pt stop a couple of times a day. Also u "expect" ur method to give u a 60% hit over a substantial sample, {{ for example 5 lakh acct can affor u 5 lots on the 1/2 percent model, 10 lots on 1% etx}}. Once u use fixed fractional then u STAY fixed fractional ............................. WHY????

Because u have no way of knowing which setup to cherry pick for ur risk o meter and apply different percentages too. (matter of fact a real shooter of a move will mostly never have an Ideal setup.... do u see why?)

If and only if u have a robust sustainable edge, then u TAKE THEM ALL, at the same level.

Seems like the challenge results are flawed. If i was a hedge fund recruiter/mgr/whatever, I would look at drawdown, average risk, average loss, average gain, max risk/loss/profit, Sharpe ratio, Max adverse excursion in trades tht won, hit rate etc. There are many ways to analyze traders performance, many metrics tht can be used, net profit is quite the worst. (yes just looking at P/L will drive u broke, any idiot can make a million dollars on one trade).

Her's the thing, when u buy nifty at a price, there as an equally smart dude on the other side trading on his own strat and timeframe who is willing to sell it. Even if a program (intitutional) buys at a level another program might sell there, mostly in the day price movement is 50 50 either way (small number of pts tht is), sometimes it is 60 -40 (when big institutions are in confluence), u strike then or hope to strike then. The funny thing is, depending on the timeframe u use, it might take u years sometimes to realize that you dont KNOW ANYTHING.

Trading --- the final frontier.

Im going to reccommend the first trading book i read

Nicky Taleb (Fooled by Randomnness)

Ur smart Sachin, friendly pointer, not being nitpicky (this and the algo post were the only posts i thought u were off in the past two years).
its very popular, most of u who have read it, could read it again, flipkart it, dont download it (respect and pay for knowledge)
I find Nicky Taleb (Fooled by Randomness) quite useless for any kind of trading knowledge, don't know what people see in the book other than some mild entertainment.

Vik, answers to your questions:

The data sets won't be in harmony, GDFL would probably have a small delay(in ms) compared to ZT. If you are looking at HFT, this would not really make sense, you would need to be on the NSE collo.

zerodha,
what is meant by need to be on the NSE collo ? will you explain it?

Smart,

I have read a lot of what your write and you make a lot of sense. I am sure a lot of people would want to know the man behind smart_trade, it will be an absolute pleasure to profile you and I am sure will be of great benefit for everyone else.

We could keep it pseudo if required, what say everyone?? :)
Thanks for the offer , which I politely decline as I definately know that I will not be in top 10 or even 20 of the winners in terms of high percentage returns. My trading style has always been for steady returns with very tight risk control. I am eager to learn from the top performers and would like to improve my trading and hence would prefer to be a listener and learner from these high performers .

Smart_trade

Thanks for the offer , which I politely decline as I definately know that I will not be in top 10 or even 20 of the winners in terms of high percentage returns. My trading style has always been for steady returns with very tight risk control. I am eager to learn from the top performers and would like to improve my trading and hence would prefer to be a listener and learner from these high performers .

Smart_trade
Dear ST

Doesn't matter weather top ten or not but I and many more member learn lot from you so you are always No 1 for us....:clapping::clapping::thumb:

lvgandhi

Today I was having position of Banknifty13julfut 50 buy. I placed a basket order two sell orders 1) to close existing jul future and 2) sell 50 banknifty13augfut. I had Rs60000/= and paid in Rs10000/=. Hence Margin required for selling banknifty13augfut only required. What I had sufficient margin. Still augfut order was rejected. Kindly look into this. The problem persists already for more than two months

Status
Not open for further replies.