Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to place the below order.
1. The main order should be executed when a pre-defined price level is reached.
2.when the main order is executed, Stoploss order and target profit order should be automatically placed.
3. When SL or target is hit, the other pending order should be automatically cancelled.

If SL and profit orders are placed manually, is it possible to have one order automatically cancelled when the other is executed..

columbus

Dear Columbus,
Other than these mentioned, do you consider
zt charting software at par with trade tiger?
Dear prabit,

The only point ,I want to drive is ,Charting by ZT is not as
bad as it made out to be.Very few charts by ZT software
or by Omnesys are found here.Charts by TT are very good.

Zerodha

Re: Span Margin Calculator similar to Brokerage calculator..

Dear Zerodha,

Can't you make span calculator available on your website. It will be easy for us.

As far as Munish question was, i.e when u buy a put option and sell a put option of lower strike price. Theoretically one should not put in any margin money, because the put sold at lower price are 100% protected by the the put bought at higher price. Of course the number of lots has to be similar.

waiting for your reply.

Regards

Nirbhay Dixit
Nirbhay,

SPAN calculations are really complex, the only way possible is through PC-SPAN that is given by NSE. PC-SPAN needs live data and hence can't really be put up on our website, but we are trying to provide this plugin in our new webbased tool that would be launched..

About hedged positions like the ones that you mentioned on Puts. None of these strategies will get 100% margin benefits by the exchange and it is for a good reason.. They should probably give more benefit, but lesser is not necessarily bad..

For eg, assume you are shorting 5600 puts and buying 5500 puts. Yes you are completed covered and maximum loss is limited. But how will you get into both the positions at same time or exit at same time.

Assume while getting out, you got out of your buy 5500 puts first and as soon as you did it, the market tanked.. what happens now? Imagine if the broker had let the client take this position , assume thinking that maximum loss is 50 points the broker let the client take the position with Rs 2500? This is a huge risk,especially because some stock options can suddenly go illiquid..

As I said, as and when our exchange develops, they should add more of this, but unit better to be conservative rather than aggressive

Zerodha

Hi Sachin,

I can see "Options Calculator" and "Whatif Analysis" menus only in ZT. Could you please tell me where can I find the SPAN calculator you are mentioning?
Under tools, you will see NEst auto plugins, click this and you will see the span calculator..

Zerodha

Is it possible to place the below order.
1. The main order should be executed when a pre-defined price level is reached.
2.when the main order is executed, Stoploss order and target profit order should be automatically placed.
3. When SL or target is hit, the other pending order should be automatically cancelled.

If SL and profit orders are placed manually, is it possible to have one order automatically cancelled when the other is executed..
As I mentioned earlier, if anything is getting cancelled automatically it is considered as an algo by the exchange..

It is available with us, but can be enabled only on dealer terminals and not client terminals.. Exchange regulations unfortunately..

Cheers

As I mentioned earlier, if anything is getting cancelled automatically it is considered as an algo by the exchange..

It is available with us, but can be enabled only on dealer terminals and not client terminals.. Exchange regulations unfortunately..

Cheers
Then what will take you to make us sub broker ( in name only for exchange sake) and provide dealer terminal, I mean is it feasible without us having any clients,
if addtional cost is involved, will it or not ofset the cost advantage we have, and any other details that may be relevant to bracker , soory algo trade

Zerodha

Then what will take you to make us sub broker ( in name only for exchange sake) and provide dealer terminal, I mean is it feasible without us having any clients,
if addtional cost is involved, will it or not ofset the cost advantage we have, and any other details that may be relevant to bracker , soory algo trade
If you want access to a this and a lot more, it can be arranged.. Firstly you would need a dealer terminal for which you will need to become an AP(authorized person).. This terminal will then have only your account mapped and nothing else.. There will be exchange registration costs of around Rs 10000 which is onetime and dealer terminal cost of around Rs 500/month/exchange..

You will need NCFM certification-dealers module and small other requirements.. If this is arranged, we can facilitate for you.. With a dealers terminal, you will have access to every facility, from bracket to jobbing software to automating your trades..

There might be small additional costs for any new feature, so this will make sense only if your trading portfolio is atleast 10lk + ..

We will be putting all the facilities that we can offer on our website in the next 15 days, will update here once it is up..

If you want access to a this and a lot more, it can be arranged.. Firstly you would need a dealer terminal for which you will need to become an AP(authorized person).. This terminal will then have only your account mapped and nothing else.. There will be exchange registration costs of around Rs 10000 which is onetime and dealer terminal cost of around Rs 500/month/exchange..

You will need NCFM certification-dealers module and small other requirements.. If this is arranged, we can facilitate for you.. With a dealers terminal, you will have access to every facility, from bracket to jobbing software to automating your trades..

There might be small additional costs for any new feature, so this will make sense only if your trading portfolio is atleast 10lk + ..

We will be putting all the facilities that we can offer on our website in the next 15 days, will update here once it is up..
Eventually we am planning to have 2-3 family accounts & one company a/c with you. If we take dealer terminal can all the orders for these accounts be routed through the dealer terminal?

milkyblack

Hi,

I would be waiting for the detailed benefits of dealer terminal over retail. But for now can you tell me, that say I trade for myself and 2-3 other people also, I do intraday, and so far I trade on their a/c. But if I have a dealer terminal being an AP, can I trade on their behalf also using the same terminal (i.e they will be mapped under me) and also trade my a/c simultaneously? And secondly can I place the orders at one go? Like using a batch file or something like that? And can a layman without much knowledge of computer programming do it?

The orders can be either market order or stop order, but needs to place for all 3 accounts and mine at one go? Is it possible? I already have a NCFM dealer certification, what else docs/regulations needs to be fulfilled?

Also what advantages one gets in trading, as an individual and a trading firm (pvt ltd/ llp)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.