Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Sorry for making this request again. It is all right to print the form etc. and courier it back to you for the purpose of account opening. But Sachin/Zerodha, should not be in this technological age small-small things like this one page consent letter or enabling BSE trading facility etc. be done online? This is also more important for you and your future customers because you do not have a branch model. I am sure there must be some way to get it done online. This is just an advice and a request. It will help all and saves everyone's time. :)

Next when MCX-SX will come, we will have to fill, sign and send papers and forms to you again.
Hey punter, unfortunately, exchange and regulator, still require us to get physical documents otherwise we would be the happiest people to offer an online solution for this...

I guess we will have to wait for a while before this happens in India..

Zerodha,
What is the margin required for the Naked Put/Call of a particular stock.
Or in Case what is the margin for
if I buy a put of particular strike price and sell the put of the lower strike price.

Thanks

Zerodha

how much margin required for 1 lot gold and 1 lot minigold.
second suppose if we buy 1 lot gold and short 10 lot minigold than how much margin required.
1 Big gold 1.25lks and 1 mini around 12k.. for intraday you need 50% of this amount..

If you buy 1 big and short 10 mini, margin requirement will be only 25% of the total margin required..

1 gold 1.25lks, 10 mini around 1.24 lks.. Together around 2.5lks, you will need 25% of this which is around 62.5k..

Zerodha

Zerodha,
if I buy a put of particular strike price and sell the put of the lower strike price.

Thanks
For buying an option you will need the entire premium..

For writing you will need margin similar to futures.. The margin required will vary based on what strike..

If you are getting into both positions at same time, you will get a margin benefit.. How much margin benefit, you can check out by logging into SPAN calculator..

Zerodha

Zerodha,

Thanks
For buying an option you will need the entire premium..

For writing you will need margin similar to futures.. The margin required will vary based on what strike..

If you are getting into both positions at same time, you will get a margin benefit.. How much margin benefit, you can check out by logging into SPAN calculator on ZT

Zerodha

Zerodha, please answer Sridhar's query which is mine too.
BRacket orders are available only for dealer terminals and not retail clients.. Exchange considers as algo, recently started allowing for equity, waiting for approvals for the same on ZT.. But not possible on f&o..

columbus

Hi Zerodha,

I am discussing so merits and demerits of ZT over TT (tradetiger).

The time frame available in ZT is rather limited.(ONLY 4 TFS 1min-5min-30min
and 60 min).If there is a constraint ,then make use of one as USER DEFINED
as in the case old version).

Plus points are ,you have given the choice of line thickness to USER.

Perhaps the biggest of all ,it connects automatically to ZERODHA in case
there is disruption of Internet.

Last edited:
Span Margin Calculator similar to Brokerage calculator..

Dear Zerodha,

Can't you make span calculator available on your website. It will be easy for us.

As far as Munish question was, i.e when u buy a put option and sell a put option of lower strike price. Theoretically one should not put in any margin money, because the put sold at lower price are 100% protected by the the put bought at higher price. Of course the number of lots has to be similar.

waiting for your reply.

Regards

Nirbhay Dixit

Status
Not open for further replies.