Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerodha

Hi Sachin

I have a query. At this moment, 31st March 2011 Put Option of Nifty, Strike Price 5600, is trading at Rs 2.50. Suppose I sell / write 20 lots, and earn Rs 2500 as premium, and option ends worthless in case Nifty does not go below 5600 by tomorrow, tomorrow being expiry of March series. Then -

1. Will I need to square of my positions?
2. If I do not square off, will my positions get squared off automatically?
3. As far as I know, I will need to pay one side brokeraeg only in case I write this option and do not square it off ?? Else what ?

Kindly let me know the facts.
Tomorrow if you write, you don't need to square off as the options will expire worthless. Yes if the option expires worthless there is no contract note generated and hence no brokerage.

Hi King,

I personally am a very active trader and most of the other guys who would probably attend any sales calls would definitely be one too... But when I say traders, we have moved away from trading directions to trading market inconsistencies... Trades are automated and strategies are put in before the market opening and hence requires little time on it after the markets open....

We definitely are looking forward to bright people who can think out of the box to join us....
just brief us more on this

1. Markets u trade...indian or others?
2. Fut or Options or both?
3. Normal % return expectations per day, per week, per month etc?
4. Intraday, Positional Swing trades etc?
5. TF usually traded...?
6. market inconsistencies....some more brief on this?
7. Is it completely automated?
8. If yes, platform/tools details?
9. How many strategies u have?
10. What was the result/returns derived so far in this year for u? and in 2010?
11. How may days/months it took for u to build winnable strategies like the ones u have?
12. Did u take any professional help in getting ur strategy coded for automation?
13. If yes, approx fees charged by software vendor?
14. How long u are in markets, trading? and how long u are a profitable trader?

These are just some of questions which every trader wud love to get answers. For some time, pls remove ur Zerodha cap and request u to reply as an experienced trader, who wish to help other fellow traders.

I feel all the above questions are very general in nature and hope u wud give answers to all...

Thank u again for ur splendid replies to all queries raised on zerodha

Zerodha

yes how long does it take? I asked for money 10 days back. still waiting ......
do we need to have an account with zerodha to ask for money?

I just asked without having an account :) lets see how many days it takes
Hey sumo,

We put that withdrawal, realized that we gave you an extra Rs 15lks on that withdrawal, can you transfer it back to the Zerodha account??? details are on our webpage... ;)....

Hey sumo,

We put that withdrawal, realized that we gave you an extra Rs 15lks on that withdrawal, can you transfer it back to the Zerodha account??? details are on our webpage... ;)....
:) I just booked myself on a flight to cayman Islands. :) Will transfer from there, if I ever decide to come back :)

I wonder if getting registered as an FII is as simple as this too :)

On a serious note, have gone outright crazy with my broker sending back my funds for the quarter ending. And have to transfer it back. It took all of 2 days! Wish all brokers could be as understanding and client friendly as you!

Status
Not open for further replies.