cheapest brokerage

which is the best broker house

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
While it seems that the negotiated rates can be really low… here are the rates announced by some top demat/trading account providers given in the order. The cheapest are at the start. I came across a good Free ecourse over the internet which has useful info like this
The info is given in the following order
Name
Account opening Charge
Annual maintenance Charge
Brokerage for Delivery
Brokerage for Intra Day

Reliance Money 750, 200, 0.01%, 0.01%

Geojit BNP Paribas 650, 300, 0.30%, 0.03%

Religare 500, 250, 0.30%, 0.06%

Canmoney 200, 200, 0.35%, Buy=free Sell = 0.05%

Angel Broking 775, 300, 0.50%, 0.10%

India Infoline 555, 280, 0.50%, 0.10%

Kotak Securities 750, 400, Buy = free Sell = 0.4%, 0.06%

Sharekhan 750, 300, 0.5%, 0.1%

HDFC Securities 799, 560, 0.5% , 0.1%

ICICI Direct 975, 500, 0.75% , 0.05%

alroyraj

Infoline offers a scheme of paying 600/- annual payment for unlimited trnsactions from dmat account. There will be no charges for DP transactions.
BTST refers to buy today sell tomorrow. But for BTST no Dp charges are deducted as shares are sold before taking delivery. Hope this helps.

Regards
krm
For BTST is there any charges (for the funds) for this. In margin trading for upto a week Indiabulls charges @ 18% pa and Sharekhan at @ 16% .What is the duration for BTST?

alroyraj

How much they are charging for delivery? minimum brokerage for each scrip how much? Do they comit in writing?
As far as I have experienced they start at 0.5% del and 0.05% intraday and the minimum brokerage charges per share (per order) is Rs 0.05 or 5 paisa. No one will tell you this. Therefore all shares below Rs 100 are charged at at 5 paisa per share. Indiabulls never gives any written record of the brokerage. It all what they say or how much you negotiate based on the volumes you generate.

Hi alroyraj,

Edelweiss has web based as well as client(exe) based trading platform. Their Xpress platform provides just the real time data updates but I didn't see any
charting or technical analysis features. All they have is intraday graph that displays price and scrip volume which is static nothing can be customised. I'm somehow not impressed.

I tried Ventura's trading terminal (Pointer) which is exe based (they don't have web based terminal) and they have good charting and comprehensive technical analysis tools. I recommend you to try this tool but I'm not sure how appealing their plans are?

Let me know if you require any further info.

Cheers.